Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-104 topic 4 question 15 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 15
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-104 Questions]

Note: This question is part of a series of questions that present the same scenario. Each question in the series contains a unique solution that might meet the stated goals. Some question sets might have more than one correct solution, while others might not have a correct solution.
After you answer a question in this section, you will NOT be able to return to it. As a result, these questions will not appear in the review screen.
You have an Azure virtual machine named VM1 that runs Windows Server 2016.
You need to create an alert in Azure when more than two error events are logged to the System event log on VM1 within an hour.
Solution: You create an event subscription on VM1. You create an alert in Azure Monitor and specify VM1 as the source
Does this meet the goal?

• A. Yes
  • B. No
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Instead: You create an Azure Log Analytics workspace and configure the data settings. You install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on VM1. You create an alert in
Azure Monitor and specify the Log Analytics workspace as the source.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/agents-overview

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Correct Answer: B - No You need to specify Log Analytics as the source for this alert, and not the VM as source for the alert. 1. You create an Azure Log Analytics workspace and configure the data settings. 2. You install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on VM1. 3. You create an alert in Azure Monitor and specify the Log Analytics workspace as the source. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/agents-overview
upvoted 106 times
Pniaq
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
I can confirm, answer is correct.
upvoted 14 times
tashakori
Most Recent 1 month ago
No is right
upvoted 1 times
tashakori
1 month, 1 week ago
No is right
upvoted 1 times
tashakori
1 month, 1 week ago
No is right
upvoted 1 times
itguyeu
10 months ago
I used free version access for this site and it helped me pass the exam. Some questions that I had on the exams, I took the exam more than once, are not available under the free tier access, but 80% of the questions came from here. I do recommend investing a bit of money and getting full access to this site. I didn't memorise answers but analysed them and studied as Microsoft does tweak them a bit. This Q was on the exam.
upvoted 2 times
UmbongoDrink
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: B
Correct Answer: B - No You need to specify Log Analytics as the source for this alert, and not the VM as source for the alert. 1. You create an Azure Log Analytics workspace and configure the data settings. 2. You install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on VM1. 3. You create an alert in Azure Monitor and specify the Log Analytics workspace as the source. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/agents-overview
upvoted 1 times
Ashfaque_9x
1 year, 2 months ago
Passed today on 29Jan23 with a score of 970. This question was in the exam.
upvoted 2 times
Bigc0ck
1 year, 3 months ago
was on my 2n test
upvoted 1 times
NaoVaz
1 year, 7 months ago
B) "No" You need to create a Log Analytics Workspace. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/agents/agents-overview#install-the-agent-and-configure-data-collection
upvoted 3 times
EmnCours
1 year, 7 months ago
Correct Answer: B
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
1 year, 10 months ago
l Luv Honey because it is B... comments as per others
upvoted 2 times
manalshowaei
1 year, 10 months ago
B. No B. No
upvoted 1 times
ajayasa
2 years, 1 month ago
this question was there on 16/03/2022 with same question and passed with 900 percent
upvoted 4 times
atilla
2 years, 1 month ago
I just test, you cannot create an event subscription for a VM
upvoted 1 times
anaphm
2 years, 4 months ago
Correct Answer: B - No You need to specify Log Analytics as the source for this alert, and not the VM as source for the alert. 1. You create an Azure Log Analytics workspace and configure the data settings. 2. You install the Microsoft Monitoring Agent on VM1. 3. You create an alert in Azure Monitor and specify the Log Analytics workspace as the source.
upvoted 1 times
ohana
2 years, 6 months ago
Took the exam today on 17 Oct. This question came out. Ans: No
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...