Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-304 topic 3 question 22 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-304
Question #: 22
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-304 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have a web application that uses a MongoDB database. You plan to migrate the web application to Azure.
You must migrate to Cosmos DB while minimizing code and configuration changes.
You need to design the Cosmos DB configuration.
What should you recommend? To answer, select the appropriate values in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
MongoDB compatibility: API -

API: MongoDB API -
Azure Cosmos DB comes with multiple APIs:
✑ SQL API, a JSON document database service that supports SQL queries. This is compatible with the former Azure DocumentDB.
✑ MongoDB API, compatible with existing Mongo DB libraries, drivers, tools and applications.
✑ Cassandra API, compatible with existing Apache Cassandra libraries, drivers, tools, and applications.
✑ Azure Table API, a key-value database service compatible with existing Azure Table Storage.
✑ Gremlin (graph) API, a graph database service supporting Apache Tinkerpop's graph traversal language, Gremlin.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/create-mongodb-dotnet

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
glam
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
Account MongoDB API
upvoted 55 times
AmitDeorukhkar
2 years, 11 months ago
Hello all, I think answer could be Database or API for Part 1 and MongoDB API for Part 2. How Account could be an answer. Could you share documentation or on what basis it can be Account. Please, I would like to get documentation to refer, thanks !
upvoted 3 times
demonite
2 years, 11 months ago
Account and MongoDB API. Get started with an account https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/create-mongodb-dotnet#create-a-database-account
upvoted 1 times
stephw
2 years, 11 months ago
Agreed: I guess this is account as the MongoDB version compatibility is set when you create the CosmosDB account and attached to the account (as well as the MongoDB API btw).
upvoted 1 times
tita_tovenaar
2 years, 9 months ago
first should be API. The question is not what to do first, but to ensure compatibility. According to docs, that's done through the API. See ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/mongodb-introduction#how-the-api-works
upvoted 12 times
rdemontis
2 years, 5 months ago
Yes, I think you're right and the question is a little misleading. Trying to translate the meaning of the question we can say it states what are the step you have to do in order to CONFIGURE a Cosmos DB Account. So you have a cosmos db account and you need to do some configuration to guarantee compatibility with a Mongo DB database. So the first thing you have to choose for this configuration is the API. The second is which API specifically. Maybe a bit demented but this is only explanation i can find.
upvoted 3 times
praveen_617
2 years, 11 months ago
Account MongoDB API are the correct answers. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/create-mongodb-nodejs#create-an-azure-cosmos-db-account az cosmosdb create --name <cosmosdb-name> --resource-group myResourceGroup --kind MongoDB The --kind MongoDB parameter enables MongoDB client connections.
upvoted 6 times
erickim007
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
This question is bit confusing. Second option is very obvious but first one is very strange. Azure CosmosDB, in fact, does not host any database engine for MongoDB therefore 'Database' and/or 'Collection' would not be correct selection. So it is either 'API' or 'Account'. Account because we specify MongoDB Server version we want to use for the account. But it is my understanding that CosmosDB uses wire protocol, meaning that MongoDB compatibility (i.e. Server version) is equivalent to API version. This is why we do not have create new Account to upgrade or downgrade MongoDB API. In addition, development team needs to know MongoDB Server (i.e. API) version to connect to it (or using SDK). So if this question comes up and even if I get a wrong mark, I would go with - API - MongoDB API That's because when we investigate compatibility to migrate, I would assess MongoDB server and API version we use currently, and configure 'version' field when creating CosmosDB account.
upvoted 22 times
LillyLiver
Most Recent 1 year, 9 months ago
Here's a handy little tutorial. Given answers are correct. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/mongodb/tutorial-mongotools-cosmos-db
upvoted 2 times
g6singh
1 year, 10 months ago
1- API First thing you have to choose for this configuration is the API. 2- MongoDB API The second is which API specifically.
upvoted 1 times
hikpd
1 year, 12 months ago
Just tested. When you go to the portal and select Create Cosmos DB, the first selection is --- Which API best suits your workload? So the provided answer is correct.
upvoted 1 times
plmmsg
2 years, 1 month ago
API MongoDB AP
upvoted 1 times
us3r
2 years, 2 months ago
api/mongo api
upvoted 1 times
jmay
2 years, 3 months ago
It should be API / MongoDB API. For the first one, if you create a CosmosDB via the Portal, you can see that it clearly prompts "Select API option > Which API best suits your workload?" as the first step of setting up an account. The question specifically asks about "MongoDB COMPATIBILITY". It is the API you select that make it compatible. not the account. As the account is only a logical container.
upvoted 2 times
Dpejic
2 years, 4 months ago
Appere on exam 23-dec-2021
upvoted 3 times
DerekKey
2 years, 5 months ago
Account - version compatibility is selected at the account level during the creation MongoDB API -
upvoted 1 times
DerekKey
2 years, 5 months ago
I have reviewed the question again: "MongoDB compatibility" -> it is at API level So answer should be: API MongoDB API
upvoted 3 times
student22
2 years, 5 months ago
API MongoDB API
upvoted 2 times
waqas
2 years, 6 months ago
API and MongoDB API.
upvoted 1 times
syu31svc
2 years, 6 months ago
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/mongodb/create-mongodb-nodejs#create-an-azure-cosmos-db-account Create an account for CosmosDB first so compatibility is Account API is definitely Mongo
upvoted 3 times
poplovic
2 years, 7 months ago
API and MongoDB API for 1) Azure Cosmos DB API for MongoDB implements the wire protocol for MongoDB. This implementation allows transparent compatibility with native MongoDB client SDKs, drivers, and tools. Azure Cosmos DB does not host the MongoDB database engine. Any MongoDB client driver compatible with the API version you are using should be able to connect, with no special configuration. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cosmos-db/mongodb/mongodb-introduction#how-the-api-works
upvoted 4 times
tongtong
2 years, 7 months ago
about API, the 2nd question is about it, no idea about question 1, I would go for Collection.
upvoted 2 times
pentium75
2 years, 8 months ago
Maybe question 1 is not referring to any Azure setting at all, but just 'on which level will this solution be MongoDB compatible', and that would be 'API'?
upvoted 1 times
GetulioJr
2 years, 9 months ago
The answer is correct, First box you choose API then in the second box it asks, but which API, then you choose, MongoDB API. This is a straight forward question. Too many answers here.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...