Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-900 topic 1 question 7 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-900
Question #: 7
Topic #: 1
[All AZ-900 Questions]

Your developers have created 10 web applications that must be host on Azure.
You need to determine which Azure web tier plan to host the web apps. The web tier plan must meet the following requirements:
✑ The web apps will use custom domains.
✑ The web apps each require 10 GB of storage.
✑ The web apps must each run in dedicated compute instances.
✑ Load balancing between instances must be included.
✑ Costs must be minimized.
Which web tier plan should you use?

• A. Standard
  • B. Basic
  • C. Free
  • D. Shared
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Standard offers 50 GB of storage space, while Basic only gives 10 GB.
References:
http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/websites/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
BinuRaj
Highly Voted 2 years, 9 months ago
Please read the requirements: Many are not noting here the load balancing fact. The web apps will use custom domains. (Basic, Shared and standard Support custom domain) The web apps each require 10 GB of storage. (basic and standard support this) The web apps must each run in dedicated compute instances.(basic support 3 instance max where standard support 10max) Load balancing between instances must be included. (free, shared and basic dont support load balancing. standard and above tier only support load balancing/autosacling) Costs must be minimized. Standard is less costier than premimum and isolated. I hope this is clear to chose the correct answer as STANDARD. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/app-service/windows/
upvoted 403 times
MD1968
2 years, 1 month ago
Basic does support load balancing. Do we need 10GB for each instance or not, that is my dilemma
upvoted 5 times
Yarin_Ben_Aharon
1 year, 11 months ago
basic support load balancing by default: Basic Service Plan The Basic service plan is designed for apps that have lower traffic requirements, and don't need advanced auto scale and traffic management features. Pricing is based on the size and number of instances you run. Built-in network load balancing support automatically distributes traffic across instances. The Basic service plan with Linux runtime environments supports Web App for Containers.
upvoted 6 times
Kashif_Khan
2 years, 9 months ago
basic plan does support load balancing. see link provided by you.
upvoted 13 times
az_9000
2 years, 5 months ago
ok!!!!!
upvoted 1 times
VinCho21
2 years, 9 months ago
Basic Service Plan: Built-in network load balancing support automatically distributes traffic across instances. So, the correct answer is Basic
upvoted 17 times
mahmoud_az
Highly Voted 2 years, 9 months ago
the Answer is Standard : Standard tier support Custom Domains, Disk Space of 50GB wich is more than enough for the requested plan, and as long as they want to run each web app in a dedicated instance, that means we need 10 dedicated instances for the 10 web apps with a load-balancing service between them, the basic plan only support up to 3 dedicated instances. Finally the Standard plan has the lowest cost compared to Premuim and Isolated pricing tiers.
upvoted 74 times
examtopics6969
2 years, 3 months ago
I think you confuse app with app instance.
upvoted 3 times
Dziurkas
2 years, 8 months ago
"The storage limit is the total content size across all apps in the same App service plan. " - Doesn't it mean that 50GB is for all instances it this service plan? src: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/azure-subscription-service-limits#app-service-limits
upvoted 5 times
DartTrapdoor
2 years, 9 months ago
Ten services need 10GB each whic his 100GB. I don't htink Standard is enough, I don't think any of the provided answers fit.
upvoted 12 times
hkmomin
2 years, 9 months ago
It's confusing for sure but if I scroll down on the link and see under "Standard Service Plan" they have 50GB per instance. Example has 3 instance therefore 150 GB in total, based on that Standard should support. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/app-service/windows/#overview
upvoted 19 times
Halaa
6 months ago
Thank you
upvoted 1 times
pgcool
Most Recent 2 days, 1 hour ago
Selected Answer: A
As per explanation from BinuRaj
upvoted 1 times
ZForceX
6 days, 11 hours ago
Basic meets all the requirements. Not sure why they would ask questions which can be googled. No point in memorizing data
upvoted 2 times
PPV20
1 month ago
This is not a part of AZ-900
upvoted 1 times
thej_raaaaas
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Standard is then correct one
upvoted 1 times
Faboyeeza
1 month, 4 weeks ago
The Basic web tier in Azure App Service may not fully meet all the specified requirements. While it supports custom domains, it does not provide dedicated compute instances or load balancing between instances. The Basic tier shares resources among multiple applications and lacks features such as auto-scaling and deployment slots. For the given requirements, you might want to consider the Standard or Premium tier. Both the Standard and Premium tiers offer dedicated compute instances, load balancing, custom domains, and additional features. The choice between Standard and Premium would depend on specific features required and cost considerations. In summary, the Basic web tier might not suffice for the specified requirements, and you may need to explore the Standard or Premium web tier plans for a more comprehensive solution.
upvoted 1 times
linux_admin
1 month, 3 weeks ago
ChatGPT is wrong. The answer is Basic.
upvoted 1 times
Egocentric
2 months ago
the answer is standard, the answer lies here. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/app-service/windows-previous/
upvoted 1 times
asans
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Basic tier meets all the requirements. The 3 instances that others are talking about is for scaling out, i.e. you can increase the VMs to a maximum of 3 should each Web app demand that. Off course, there is also the scale up, which is increasing the CPU, memory on one VM. ✑ The web apps will use custom domains. - Basic supports this ✑ The web apps each require 10 GB of storage. - Basic supports 10Gb per instance ✑ The web apps must each run in dedicated compute instances. - Basic supports this ✑ Load balancing between instances must be included. - Basic supports integrated LB ✑ Costs must be minimized. This link provides comprehensive details on the quotas for each Web tier. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/azure-subscription-service-limits#app-service-limits
upvoted 4 times
loadsave
3 months, 1 week ago
the Answer is Standard : The requirement for 10 web applications does not necessarily mean that a single Standard plan can accommodate all of them. Each web application is typically associated with an individual instance of an App Service Plan. In this scenario, if you have 10 web applications, you would generally need 10 separate Standard plans for web services. The "Maximum instances" in the Standard plan refers to the maximum number of instances that a single App Service Plan can scale out to, but it's not directly related to the total number of web applications you have. Each web application would be associated with its own plan, and the "Maximum instances" setting would apply to each plan individually. The crucial factor in determining the appropriate Azure web tier plan in this scenario is the requirement that "Load balancing between instances must be included." Only the "Standard" plan provides built-in load balancing functionality, making it the suitable choice to meet the specified requirement.
upvoted 1 times
loadsave
3 months, 1 week ago
Sorry, Correcting my previous response, upon closer examination, I realized that the "Basic" plan also includes the "Maximum instances" setting, implying load balancing capabilities. Therefore, the consideration of the "Basic" plan is valid.
upvoted 1 times
donseppo
3 months, 1 week ago
I´d suggest you pay one plan per app, so the 10GB for BASIC are sufficient
upvoted 1 times
Renuxx
4 months ago
hello my fellow robots. Just finished my exam today with a 900 score. I just want to help you guys out and I made a list with all the common questions and answers you need to know. The following questions where often and will help you out in finishing your exam:28,44,46,55,72,80,91,94,95,97,100,107,111,128,134,138,149,151,159,227,258,269,277,278,296,307,331,337,330/350,353,354,394,398,401,405,407
upvoted 1 times
mirzada
4 months, 1 week ago
while standard support Up to 10 instances therefore the correct answer is A (Standard)
upvoted 1 times
MrMarian97
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Just follow the requirements, 10 GB of storage for EACH web app, so Basic wouldn't meet the requirements. So it is Standard plan.
upvoted 1 times
gfalconx
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer is standard
upvoted 1 times
bobsmith2000
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Due to the number of instances it appears to be Standard
upvoted 1 times
Du_MS900
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Para atender aos requisitos mencionados, o plano de nível da web do Azure mais apropriado a ser usado é o "Padrão". Aqui está o raciocínio: A. Padrão: - Permite o uso de domínios personalizados. - Oferece 50 GB de armazenamento, que é mais do que suficiente para os 10 aplicativos web, cada um requerendo 10 GB. - Fornece instâncias de computação dedicadas. - Inclui balanceamento de carga entre instâncias, o que é importante para garantir a alta disponibilidade e escalabilidade dos aplicativos. - Embora possa ser um pouco mais caro do que o plano "Básico" ou "Grátis", atende a todos os requisitos e é a escolha mais apropriada para hospedar os aplicativos web com base nos requisitos fornecidos. Portanto, a resposta correta é a opção: A. Padrão
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...