Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AZ-103 topic 4 question 10 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-103
Question #: 10
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-103 Questions]

Note: This question is part of a series of questions that present the same scenario. Each question in the series contains a unique solution that might meet the stated goals. Some question sets might have more than one correct solution, while others might not have a correct solution.
After you answer a question in this section, you will NOT be able to return to it. As a result, these questions will not appear in the review screen.
Your company registers a domain name of contoso.com.
You create an Azure DNS zone named contoso.com, and then you add an A record to the zone for a host named www that has an IP address of 131.107.1.10.
You discover that Internet hosts are unable to resolve www.contoso.com to the 131.107.1.10 IP address.
You need to resolve the name resolution issue.
Solution: You modify the name servers at the domain registrar.
Does this meet the goal?

• A. Yes
  • B. No
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Modify the Name Server (NS) record.
References:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
marek76
Highly Voted 4 years, 4 months ago
I think, correct answer should be A. According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns Delegate the domain Now that the DNS zone is created and you have the name servers, you need to update the parent domain with the Azure DNS name servers. Each registrar has its own DNS management tools to change the name server records for a domain. 1. In the registrar's DNS management page, edit the NS records and replace the NS records with the Azure DNS name servers. 2. When you delegate a domain to Azure DNS, you must use the name servers that Azure DNS provides...
upvoted 45 times
yicim24216
4 years, 3 months ago
this is my interpretation as well.
upvoted 2 times
shpunk
3 years, 8 months ago
dzieki marek!
upvoted 1 times
YPR
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
There are four patterns with this question, please find the answers which is No and the one which is Yes. Solution: You create a PTR record for www in the contoso.com zone. Does this meet the goal? No Solution: You modify the SOA record in the contoso.com zone. Does this meet the goal? No Solution: You add an NS record to the contoso.com Azure DNS zone. Does this meet the goal? No Solution: You modify the name servers at the domain registrar. Does this meet the goal? Yes
upvoted 31 times
bigsam23
Most Recent 1 year, 7 months ago
You create an Azure DNS zone named contoso.com!!! It should be a custom DNS zone. The problem was not with the registrar, you misconfigure the DNS on azure itself.
upvoted 1 times
clouddba
2 years, 10 months ago
Answer: A. Yes - keyword "NS" Name Server
upvoted 1 times
mfaisal786
2 years, 11 months ago
Answer is A ,
upvoted 1 times
Thi
3 years, 5 months ago
wil go for yes Before you can delegate your DNS zone to Azure DNS, you need to know the name servers for your zone. The NS record set contains the names of the Azure DNS name servers assigned to the zone.
upvoted 3 times
xofowi5140
3 years, 6 months ago
I think the goal means name record and not name servers. CNAME (Name record) is using in subdomains.
upvoted 1 times
Shades
3 years, 9 months ago
This is what you need to do: In the registrar's DNS management page, edit the NS records and replace the NS records with the Azure DNS name servers. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns#delegate-the-domain
upvoted 1 times
Mike35
3 years, 10 months ago
The answer should be A
upvoted 2 times
jamesej_2020
3 years, 9 months ago
b, is correct, u dont modify the name servers but what u should modify if the NS record
upvoted 2 times
jamesej_2020
3 years, 9 months ago
b, is correct, u dont modify the name servers but what u should modify is the NS record
upvoted 2 times
jamesej_2020
3 years, 9 months ago
sorry my mistake NS server represents NS records as well.
upvoted 1 times
LTTAM
3 years, 10 months ago
This is another sneaky question if you don't interpret it correctly. Modifying a name server is different than modifying a name server (NS) RECORD. Modifying the NS record at your registrar is what will point it to Azure DNS. The answer is right (B). https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns
upvoted 1 times
Vigneshwar
3 years, 10 months ago
Option A is Correct. If you use Domain Registrars like GoDaddy you have a Separate section for "Nameservers" in Manage DNS option in addition to "Records" section. Here once you modify default servers to Azure Name Server you can see the NS record automatically added to Records section.
upvoted 2 times
LTTAM
3 years, 10 months ago
I cannot confirm or deny your settings with GoDaddy. With my domain registrar, I have name server records that I can add/modify. I've tested and works for me. However, this is a Microsoft exam and their answers probably prevail. Their answer is confirmed in their own documentation - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns I can see where some folks have different registrars and their admin panels can be name differently and hence conflicting answers here.
upvoted 1 times
nfett
3 years, 11 months ago
if by modify means replace with the azure NS servers than the answer is A. if not than its wrong and B is the right answer. not sure what they are trying to convey. just beign overly vague. i am going with A based on what the word " modify" means. make partial or minor changes.
upvoted 1 times
Cloudyuga
3 years, 11 months ago
Correct answer is A once we add records in Azure DNS zone we then need to modify the name servers in domain provider
upvoted 3 times
Sheru
3 years, 11 months ago
The wording is appropriate and exact here. You modify the NAME SERVERS are your domain registrar basically to point to the Azure DNS Servers. I've validated on my domain registrar and the wording is exactly the same "Modify Name Server for xxxxx.ae" On the next page Q12. Its Add NS Server on Azure DNS which is completely wrong
upvoted 1 times
jamesej_2020
3 years, 9 months ago
the wording is tricky, Name servers and Ns records are the same. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/get-help-with-domains/change-nameservers-at-any-domain-registrar?view=o365-worldwide#change-your-domains-nameserver-ns-records
upvoted 1 times
pandeya442
3 years, 12 months ago
Answer:-A
upvoted 5 times
aimar047
4 years ago
modify is not same as Add.. check question 12 next page...
upvoted 2 times
asdfgh1234567
4 years ago
But adding an NS record in Azure DNS will make no difference if the domain registrar is still pointing at the old (or default) NS servers, therefore the NS records need to be updated at the Domain Registrar: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns#delegate-the-domain "In the registrar's DNS management page, edit the NS records and replace the NS records with the Azure DNS name servers."
upvoted 2 times
jamesej_2020
3 years, 9 months ago
correct, it should be add. because ur just started setting it up
upvoted 1 times
Drummer
4 years, 1 month ago
The correct is A https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/add-custom-domain
upvoted 4 times
Shades
3 years, 9 months ago
This is different right, it talks about creating aTXT record at domain registrar after you add a custom domain..in this question we are talking about adding entry into Azure DNS & that is not propagating well...hence clients cant connect
upvoted 2 times
rokis
4 years, 1 month ago
It's a trick question. All these questions have funny wording. You don't modify the Name servers at the registrar, you modify the RECORDS.
upvoted 9 times
jamesej_2020
3 years, 9 months ago
ns servers also represent NS records. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/get-help-with-domains/change-nameservers-at-any-domain-registrar?view=o365-worldwide#change-your-domains-nameserver-ns-records
upvoted 1 times
TinyTrexArmz
3 years, 8 months ago
The registrar will already have NS records there if you haven't moved them to another DNS provider. So you can modify the records there to point to Azure DNS. I suppose you could delete all of them and add new ones, but in my book, that is modifying. My opinion A is correct here. And since I recently created a personal domain and moved it successfully to Azure DNS doing these steps, then added an A record in Azure DNS to point to a private web server, I'd say I even proved it in a lab.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...