Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam NCP topic 1 question 52 discussion

Actual exam question from Nutanix's NCP
Question #: 52
Topic #: 1
[All NCP Questions]

A Nutanix cluster is equipped with four nodes. Four VMs on this cluster have been configured with a VM-VM anti-affinity policy and are each being hosted by a different node.
What occurs to the cluster and these VMs during an AHV upgrade?

• A. One VM out of the four powers down when the node hosting it reboots
  • B. The AHV pre-upgrade checks fail until the four VMs are powered off
  • C. The AHV pre-upgrade checks fail until the administrator disables the anti-affinity policy
  • D. One node hosts two VMs while the node being upgraded is in maintenance mode
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
RamanRaman
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
Shouldnt it be C ?
upvoted 7 times
DK2606
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
Should be C- When you run NCC it will comes up as please disable affinity rules
upvoted 6 times
soze
Most Recent 4 months, 1 week ago
i'm sure that the correct answer is "D", because we simulated this situation in our env
upvoted 2 times
soze
4 months, 1 week ago
i'm sure that the correct answer is "D", because we simulated this situation in our env
upvoted 1 times
woohhaa
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: D
I believe the answer is D. The below statement from Prism 6.5 guide says the policy does not limit ADS feature which to me says ADS will do the needful and move the VM to the host best suited to handle the workload. https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/details?targetId=Web-Console-Guide-Prism-v6_5:ahv-vm-anti-affinity-t.html After you configure the group and then power on the VMs, the VMs that are part of the group are started (attempt to start) on the different hosts. However, this is a preferential policy. This policy does not limit the Acropolis Dynamic Scheduling (ADS) feature to take necessary action in case of resource constraints.
upvoted 2 times
Cromo19
5 months, 1 week ago
I believe D is the incorrect question but I know the answer is C.
upvoted 1 times
gamalaa
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C is correct answer
upvoted 1 times
it_guy
1 year, 8 months ago
it should not be C, as the vm-vm anti-affinity policy only applies when the specified virtual machines apart in such a way that when a problem occurs with one host, you should not lose both the virtual machines. here we just have 1 vm on the one host/node. So, no chance of disabling the vm-vm anti-affinity policy. Option D sounds reasonable answer.
upvoted 2 times
rmaio
1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D is correct answer. The question here just refers to VM-VM Anty Affinity in AHV upgrade scenario, VM-Host Affinity is not applied. So there is no AHV pre-check failing and no ungraceful poweroff https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/details?targetId=Acropolis-Upgrade-Guide-v5_20:upg-hypervisor-upgrade-ahv-c.html
upvoted 1 times
Tarotest
2 years ago
Guest VMs Running in an Affinity/Anti-Affinity Rules Environment Hypervisor upgrades might not complete successfully in environments where third-party or other applications apply affinity or anti-affinity rules. For example, some antivirus appliances or architectures might install an antivirus scanning guest VM on each node in your cluster. This guest VM might not be allowed to power off or migrate from the host being upgraded, causing maintenance mode to time out. In this case, disable such rules or power off such VMs before upgrading. https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/details?targetId=Acropolis-Upgrade-Guide-v5_20:upg-hypervisor-upgrade-recommend-c.html
upvoted 2 times
akrben
2 years, 4 months ago
the answer is C
upvoted 2 times
Mariosoftnet
2 years, 8 months ago
Should be D for me. In MCI Training course, stated that ADS takes necessary actions in case of resource contraints, maintenance mode or HA. Is like "should run on" in VMware environments
upvoted 4 times
r8derfan33
2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, but this is talking about an upgrade not resource contention.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...