Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam NCP topic 1 question 168 discussion

Actual exam question from Nutanix's NCP
Question #: 168
Topic #: 1
[All NCP Questions]

A vDisk is read by multiple VMs. The cluster creates immutable copies of the vDisk.
What are these vDisk copies called?

• A. Disk Clones
  • B. Golden Images
  • C. Volume Groups
  • D. Shadow Clones
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
chiar
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
I think it is D Shadow clones
upvoted 7 times
Cromo19
Most Recent 4 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: D
The Answer is D.refer to http://myvirtualcloud.net/nutanix-shadow-clones-explained-and-benchmarked/ #:~:text=Nutanix%20Shadow%20Clones%20allow%20for,'multi%2Dreader'% 20scenario.&text=Once%20the%20disk%20has%20been,making%20read% 20requests%20to%20it.
upvoted 1 times
golabi
8 months ago
D is the correct answer! With Shadow Clones, AOS storage monitors vDisk access patterns to determine whether VMs are frequently reading the same data set from multiple nodes in the cluster. If it detects this situation, AOS storage marks the vDisk as immutable.
upvoted 1 times
Carbonfiber01
1 year, 5 months ago
The Distributed Storage Fabric has a feature called ‘Shadow Clones’, which allows for distributed caching of particular vDisks or VM data which is in a ‘multi-reader’ scenario.
upvoted 1 times
Carbonfiber01
1 year, 5 months ago
From the Nutanix Bible: With Shadow Clones, DSF will monitor vDisk access trends similar to what it does for data locality. However, in the case there are requests occurring from more than two remote CVMs (as well as the local CVM), and all of the requests are read I/O, the vDisk will be marked as immutable. Once the disk has been marked as immutable, the vDisk can then be cached locally by each CVM making read requests to it (aka Shadow Clones of the base vDisk).
upvoted 1 times
ejimenezn
1 year, 10 months ago
D, Shadow clones
upvoted 1 times
oliv_
2 years, 1 month ago
D, Shadow clones
upvoted 1 times
virttom007
2 years, 4 months ago
After re-reading the question i'll give U credits guys. Golden is used when you manually execute the clone, if its nutanix genius then it's shadow clones.
upvoted 1 times
virttom007
2 years, 4 months ago
SC are activated for specific reasons on clusters executing VDI in certain circumstancies. I'll give more credit on "golden image" even if it's quite strange to use it. https://next.nutanix.com/virtual-desktop-infrastructure-28/os-gold-image-best-practices-ntfs-allocation-unit-size-486
upvoted 1 times
r8derfan33
2 years, 5 months ago
It's Shadow Clones - From the Nutanix Bible: With Shadow Clones, DSF will monitor vDisk access trends similar to what it does for data locality. However, in the case there are requests occurring from more than two remote CVMs (as well as the local CVM), and all of the requests are read I/O, the vDisk will be marked as immutable. Once the disk has been marked as immutable, the vDisk can then be cached locally by each CVM making read requests to it (aka Shadow Clones of the base vDisk).
upvoted 1 times
Mariosoftnet
2 years, 7 months ago
D, Shadow clones
upvoted 1 times
paperA4
2 years, 9 months ago
D. Shadow Clones. Read the bible.
upvoted 2 times
Sibeliusto
2 years, 10 months ago
answer is D. refer to http://myvirtualcloud.net/nutanix-shadow-clones-explained-and-benchmarked/ #:~:text=Nutanix%20Shadow%20Clones%20allow%20for,'multi%2Dreader'% 20scenario.&text=Once%20the%20disk%20has%20been,making%20read% 20requests%20to%20it.
upvoted 1 times
neuxgabux
3 years ago
A is correct. Based on nutanixbible.com "When a snapshot or clone is taken, the base vDisk is marked immutable and another vDisk is created as read/write".
upvoted 1 times
sasa
3 years, 1 month ago
I think is C Volume Groups
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...