Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1z0-932 topic 1 question 103 discussion

Actual exam question from Oracle's 1z0-932
Question #: 103
Topic #: 1
[All 1z0-932 Questions]

You are deploying a highly available web application in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and have decided to use a public load balancer. The back-end web servers will be distributed across all three availability domains (ADs).
How many subnets should you create to deliver a secure, highly available application?

• A. three subnets in total; one subnet in each AD
  • B. five subnets in total; two subnets each in the first and second AD with a single subnet in the third AD
  • C. six subnets in total; two subnets in each AD; one for the load balancer and one for the web servers
  • D. four subnets in total; one subnet in each AD for the web servers and a single subnet in any one AD for the load balancer
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ChandraTalasila
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
Correct Answer is B. Each webserver requires one Subnet. 3 Subnets. Load Balancer can configured as Regional Service or with 2 Availability Domains. In this case its 2 ADs. 3+2 = 5. B is correct answer
upvoted 10 times
emptypockets
Highly Voted 3 years, 8 months ago
D is the Answer for this version for exam in 2019. In late 2019 Oracle released Regional Subnets and with that introduced for current exam version all these answers are wrong. Correct Answer is : 2 Subnets , One private Regional subnet for all Web servers spanning across 3 AD and one Public regional subnet for LB which will allow HA functionality for LB
upvoted 10 times
Dabir
3 years, 7 months ago
So do we need to select answer as per 2019 concepts in the 2019 exam? I have my 2019 version exam tomorrow but with current concepts (2020) I will go with 5 subnets in the given options. 2 public subnets for LB and 3 private/public subnets for web servers. Please correct my understanding.
upvoted 1 times
Dabir
3 years, 7 months ago
Oracle has updated the options now and correct answer is 2 Regional subnets required, 1 public for Load Balancer and 1 private for servers.
upvoted 2 times
demkedem
Most Recent 3 years, 3 months ago
The logic of letter B is that 5 subnets. 2 subnets each on AD 1 and AD2 and 1 subnet on AD3. The statement did not include a subnet for the public load balancer. So my answer is D.
upvoted 1 times
Tubie
3 years, 4 months ago
Reading this page with focus on the Architecture picture, I would choose the answer C: https://docs.oracle.com/en/solutions/ha-web-app/#GUID-1072426F-EAAE-4F32-9F90-5873DE04313B
upvoted 1 times
CSenthil
3 years, 5 months ago
Answer A. A public load balancer is regional in scope. If your region includes multiple availability domains, a public load balancer requires either a regional subnet (recommended) or two availability domain-specific (AD-specific) subnets, each in a separate availability domain. With a regional subnet, the Load Balancing service creates a primary load balancer and a standby load balancer, each in a different availability domain, to ensure accessibility even during an availability domain outage. If you create a load balancer in two AD-specific subnets, one subnet hosts the primary load balancer and the other hosts a standby load balancer. If the primary load balancer fails, the public IP address switches to the secondary load balancer. The service treats the two load balancers as equivalent and you cannot specify which one is "primary".
upvoted 3 times
saaon
3 years, 6 months ago
A is the answer for 2020 OCI Exam
upvoted 1 times
Tittly
3 years, 6 months ago
2020 OCI Practice Test?
upvoted 2 times
Scunningham99
3 years, 8 months ago
C is right best practice to have lb in own subnet
upvoted 1 times
JayRee
3 years, 7 months ago
"C. six subnets in total; two subnets in each AD; one for the load balancer and one for the web servers" If I understood it correctly, you will end up having 3 load balancers. Each AD has a load balancer. We need just 2. (C) is wrong.
upvoted 1 times
Praveen66
3 years, 8 months ago
I Would go with D . https://docs.cloud.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/Balance/Concepts/balanceoverview.htm#:~:text=Oracle%20recommends%20that%20you%20create,domains%20within%20the%20region. Oracle recommends that you create your load balancer in a regional subnet. Oracle recommends that you distribute your backend servers across all availability domains within the region.
upvoted 2 times
technicalguru
3 years, 8 months ago
C - any any given day!
upvoted 2 times
waelwael
3 years, 10 months ago
D for sure
upvoted 6 times
Gera
3 years, 10 months ago
Answer should be D (1 subnet per AD + 1 for LB) If answer C was correct it should mention 8 subnets.
upvoted 2 times
paulmailinatorcom
3 years, 10 months ago
C for sure NOT - as in newer version of this exam there is no 'six subnets' mentioned
upvoted 6 times
thamerS
3 years, 11 months ago
i think its D, OCI recommend to use one regional subnet for the load balancer.
upvoted 9 times
SRUser
3 years, 11 months ago
B is the answer as load balancer can have only two subnets
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...