Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PCNSE topic 1 question 8 discussion

Actual exam question from Palo Alto Networks's PCNSE
Question #: 8
Topic #: 1
[All PCNSE Questions]

An administrator cannot see any Traffic logs from the Palo Alto Networks NGFW in Panorama reports. The configuration problem seems to be on the firewall.
Which settings, if configured incorrectly, most likely would stop only Traffic logs from being sent from the firewall to Panorama?
A.

B.

C.

D.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
shetoshandasa
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
The answer is B. Log forwarding in the right is shown "None", Log forwarding profile should be selected.
upvoted 13 times
zerox7305
Highly Voted 2 years, 3 months ago
B is the Answer 100%
upvoted 8 times
Marshpillowz
Most Recent 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer is B. There is no log forwarding profile configured.
upvoted 1 times
90fa8d0
3 months, 3 weeks ago
A + B. there is another diagram not shown on that question. https://vceguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/PALO-ALTO-NETWORKS-PCNSE-DATA-10012018_06_Image_0001.jpg
upvoted 1 times
easylife
5 months, 3 weeks ago
B is the Answer 100%: https://shorturl.at/ipOP8 I took the Palo Alto Network PCNSA test and scored 935/1000 after using Pass4surehub. It has all the exam dumps and important information available.
upvoted 1 times
Woody
1 year, 4 months ago
If the traffic log checkbox was not checked when creating the log forwarding profile, other logs will be sent but traffic log. I vote for B.
upvoted 1 times
lol12
1 year, 6 months ago
It is A. This question is missing network diagram with Panorama IP address 10.99.1.2
upvoted 1 times
ashmeow
1 year, 8 months ago
I think it should be B. There is no need to select a certificate, you can just use predefined, so I think that rules out D.
upvoted 1 times
JMIB
1 year, 8 months ago
B is the Answer 100%
upvoted 1 times
rquintana
1 year, 10 months ago
I vote for option B, if the log forwarding profile is None, any logs will be sent to Panorama.
upvoted 1 times
ChinkSantana
1 year, 10 months ago
\Are you planning to take the exam soon? Have you found any other materials beside from this? I plan to take by end of June
upvoted 1 times
Meko
1 year, 10 months ago
B - forgot to set the Log Forwording Profiles
upvoted 1 times
ThatIT
1 year, 11 months ago
Log Forwarding
upvoted 1 times
nostal
1 year, 11 months ago
B & D both showing incorrect configuration, as in B we see log forwarding profiles set to none which means no syslog traffic will be sent, while in D we can no cert file selected for Panorama communication, but B may be better as it "would stop only Traffic logs"
upvoted 2 times
Frightened_Acrobat
1 year, 11 months ago
B does make the most sense. A Log Forwarding profile can be configured to filter out certain logs using the Filter Builder.
upvoted 2 times
Frightened_Acrobat
1 year, 11 months ago
Consider option C. This question is still on the PCNSE exam. I've seen it come up twice. I don't know that I'm getting it correct by choosing B. The question specifically says only Traffic logs are missing. If the Log Forwarding Profile is missing, this would affect Threat logs as well. In option C, there is a Syslog server. If you see the "Custom Log Format," you can change just the format for Traffic logs and this could break how Panorama ingests those logs. I couldn't find anything on Palo Alto networks sites, but here's forum where a Palo Alto user was having a similar issue with Splunk. https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/Custom-Log-Format-Parsing-issues/m-p/548818
upvoted 2 times
gfontenot10
1 year, 11 months ago
I get the question, but syslog are normally for external monitoring like Splunk or Solarwinds. The Logging forwarding profile must be configured and it is set to none right now. Under log forwarding you can set different profiles for each log type - threat, traffic etc. This is where the answer really should be.
upvoted 3 times
AbuHussain
2 years ago
The answer is B.
upvoted 2 times
tururu1496
2 years, 1 month ago
Answer: B
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...