Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PCNSE topic 1 question 188 discussion

Actual exam question from Palo Alto Networks's PCNSE
Question #: 188
Topic #: 1
[All PCNSE Questions]

An administrator wants to upgrade a firewall HA pair to PAN-OS 10.1. The firewalls are currently running PAN-OS 8.1.17. Which upgrade path maintains synchronization of the HA session (and prevents network outage)?

• A. Upgrade directly to the target major version.
  • B. Upgrade the HA pair to a base image.
  • C. Upgrade one major version at a time.
  • D. Upgrade two major versions at a time.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️
Reference:
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-upgrade/upgrade-pan-os/upgrade-the-firewall-pan-os/determine-the-upgrade-path.html

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Marshpillowz
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
DenskyDen
1 year, 2 months ago
C. See TAKUM1y link.
upvoted 1 times
DenskyDen
1 year, 2 months ago
C. See TAKUM1y link.
upvoted 1 times
lol12
1 year, 5 months ago
Agree with C
upvoted 2 times
TAKUM1y
1 year, 6 months ago
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-2/pan-os-upgrade/upgrade-pan-os/upgrade-the-firewall-pan-os/determine-the-upgrade-path
upvoted 2 times
randomtototiti
1 year, 11 months ago
In my opinion none of the answers are correct: when upgrading, the firewall will reboot and the cluster will run only on one member for a while, so no session synchronisation until it reboots.
upvoted 1 times
datz
1 year, 11 months ago
Trust me, I did upgrade from 8.x to 10x and than when I did failover up upgrade secondary it went into suspended mode lol....so upgrade one major Version at a time : )
upvoted 1 times
alanouaro
2 years, 3 months ago
Option C When you upgrade from one PAN-OS feature release version to a later feature release, you cannot skip the installation of any feature release versions in the path to your target release. In addition, the recommended upgrade path includes installing the latest maintenance release in each release version before you install the base image for the next feature release version. https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-upgrade/upgrade-pan-os/upgrade-the-firewall-pan-os/determine-the-upgrade-path.html
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...