Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PRINCE2-Practitioner topic 10 question 17 discussion

Actual exam question from PRINCE2's PRINCE2-Practitioner
Question #: 17
Topic #: 10
[All PRINCE2-Practitioner Questions]

Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
The Learn from Experience principle suggests that lessons should be actively sought...

• A. When Starting a Project
  • B. When Initiating a Project
  • C. As the project progresses
  • D. As the project closes
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ravi_aws
6 months, 3 weeks ago
B The "Learn from Experience" principle does suggest that lessons should be actively sought when starting a project, during the project's progress, and as the project closes. Initiating a project typically involves gathering information and setting up the project, and it's an appropriate time to seek lessons from past projects that can inform the current one. Therefore, statement B is not correct because seeking lessons when initiating a project is indeed a recommended practice.
upvoted 1 times
PieroBe
9 months ago
Selected Answer: D
To my opinion the keyword here is SOUGHT. Lessons shall be sought by everyone in the project team at any moment during the project lifecycle (so also during Initiation Stage). Conversely, it has no more sense to search for lessons as the project closes. At project closure, Learn from Experience principle focuses on passing on (to the Organization) the project's lessons learned.
upvoted 1 times
DaveLitten
1 year, 8 months ago
Tricky question - B is correct (reference page 21/22 of the Manual). Yet page 21 states "Learning from experience takes place throughout PRINCE2" so I have empathy with Paul that during assembly of the PID with its plans and approaches, it would make sense to garner any lessons learned.
upvoted 2 times
Kunal13
2 years, 9 months ago
A. When Starting a Project Reasoning: According to Official documentation Lessons Log is first created during "Starting a Project" (Ref. Section 14.3 p166 and 14.4.2 p169)
upvoted 2 times
Kunal13
2 years, 9 months ago
My bad... I missed the big NOT in the question. That makes the correct answer as... B. Initiating a Project
upvoted 1 times
PaulDerry
2 years, 11 months ago
Not sure this is correct. See 16.4.2 page 199. Third bullet point - seek lessons from similar previous projects. In any case, it would be totally counter intuitive not to seek lessons at such a formative stage of the project's lifecycle. (Unless I am misreading the question.)
upvoted 1 times
4rt4ttack
2 years, 12 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 1 times
Siddharth_Kr
3 years, 9 months ago
Correct Answer should be B, as all others are options mentioned in Learn From Experience Principle
upvoted 4 times
johnzoids
3 years, 9 months ago
Read Page 21 Section : 3.2
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...