Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PSM I topic 1 question 67 discussion

Actual exam question from Scrum's PSM I
Question #: 67
Topic #: 1
[All PSM I Questions]

A Scrum Master is essentially the same thing as a traditional PM (Project Manager).

• A. True
  • B. False
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
Reference:
https://www.greycampus.com/blog/project-management/scrum-master-vs-project-manager-how-are-they-different

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
arualpcl
Highly Voted 4 years, 9 months ago
The answer is B False, I think there's been a mistake in checking A. Scrum expressly rejects the role of "Project Manager" (PM). https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/5360/project-manager-produt-owner
upvoted 13 times
CopyKing
Most Recent 5 months ago
Project managers and Scrum master are not the same thing. Becuase SM’s don’t actually “manage” but they coach and make sure the TEAM follows the scrum values.
upvoted 1 times
Jyoti1010
7 months ago
Selected Answer: B
B false
upvoted 1 times
Mi_Windsor
8 months, 2 weeks ago
B is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
topcat2
4 years, 3 months ago
The answer is wrong, it must be answer B: there is no project manager role in Scrum and none of the 3 roles of Scrum act as a traditional project manager.
upvoted 2 times
cato
4 years, 4 months ago
that is absolutely wrong the answer is B
upvoted 1 times
Pupi
4 years, 5 months ago
The answer is B, for sure
upvoted 1 times
borabora
4 years, 5 months ago
The answer is B (False) - because the Scrum master is like a coach and not a PM. The Scrum Guide says: The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Scrum Masters do this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
upvoted 1 times
aboud
4 years, 6 months ago
i agree with you !! the answer is B false
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...