Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PSM I topic 1 question 30 discussion

Actual exam question from Scrum's PSM I
Question #: 30
Topic #: 1
[All PSM I Questions]

Currently, your Development Teams are organized to address a single layer only (for example, front end, middle tier, back end, and interfaces). What are three things to consider when deciding to move away from such component teams toward feature teams? (Choose three.)

• A. You cannot do Scrum without feature teams.
  • B. Productivity may suffer when making this kind of move.
  • C. Getting support from the business side first helps.
  • D. Feature teams have less communication overhead.
  • E. With feature teams, it is easier to calculate the productivity per team.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: BCD 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Whinegum
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
Is it just me or is none of this mentioned in the scrum guide?
upvoted 38 times
julioglez88
Highly Voted 11 months ago
Selected Answer: BDE
For my opinion the answer is B, D, E. There is no sense to involve any management in the methodology/framework, this is not mentioned in any place. In any case, considering the scrum guide, we must let the team decide their own decisions about how they will be doing their job, based on that the C option is not making any sense
upvoted 5 times
okayhey
3 weeks, 1 day ago
Ageed, developer team is self-managing. Business has no say in how developers carry out their tasks. But while Scrum teams are self-managing, their progress is very easy to measure using burndown and burnup charts. Not sure this equates to productivity though.
upvoted 1 times
okayhey
3 weeks, 1 day ago
So I think A is correct, as Scrum guide mentioned cross-functional skills, meaning they're feature teams. You have to deliver a potentially shippable (meaning WORKING) feature after each sprint, you cannot do that with a component team.
upvoted 1 times
okayhey
3 weeks, 1 day ago
Nvm i read the answer wrong, d is correct
upvoted 1 times
okayhey
Most Recent 3 weeks, 1 day ago
BDE is correct I think
upvoted 1 times
Djedjig
2 months ago
A, B and V correct !
upvoted 1 times
Prozac400
6 months ago
B, C, D Option A is not accurate. While feature teams are often beneficial, it's not true that Scrum cannot be done without them. Scrum can be adapted to various team structures based on the needs of the product and organization. Option E is also not a significant factor in deciding to move to feature teams.
upvoted 1 times
Jyoti1010
6 months, 3 weeks ago
I think BDE is the right option.
upvoted 1 times
Jyoti1010
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: ABD
Functional team is a team that work on all three layer of an application (front,middle ,back).In order to produce an increment the scrum team need to have all the skills needed.On the other hand component team work on single aspect of an application.So while moving from component team towards feature team…Productivity may decrease slightly.and less communication overhead.So in my opinion option A.Scrum can’t be implemented without feature team(cross functional)B productivity may decrease D less communication overhead.
upvoted 2 times
Jyoti1010
6 months, 3 weeks ago
I would like clarify that feature teams are not mandatory in scrum.So option A is not correct.
upvoted 3 times
kal5
1 year ago
Please refer to sources, never seen these topics in Scrum Guide
upvoted 2 times
Atanu_M
3 years ago
BC & D are correct answers Productivity may suffer - “When Feature teams are formed there will be slight decrease in the performance” Less communication overhead - “Increases flexibility by reducing dependencies between teams” Getting support from business side –“Responsible for the whole customer-centric Feature”
upvoted 5 times
samise
3 years ago
confused
upvoted 4 times
Kokoniskoo
3 years, 1 month ago
Isn't it connected with cross-functionality of the team (answer A)?
upvoted 2 times
Anjani2020
3 years, 2 months ago
Considering eliminating option, option BCD
upvoted 5 times
Mi001
3 years, 3 months ago
I am not sure is suggested bcd are correct answer...
upvoted 2 times
me2m
3 years, 4 months ago
ADE imo
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...