Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam OG0-092 topic 1 question 48 discussion

Actual exam question from The Open Group's OG0-092
Question #: 48
Topic #: 1
[All OG0-092 Questions]

MightyGears produces components for the Car industry. Driven by the global financial downturn they are looking to reduce IT costs. They believe there is a cost saving opportunity within IT but this is not quantified in terms of potential savings nor is there an agreed target architecture. Final decisions on the solutions are not yet fully agreed. They have completed the first pass architecture and now are looking at the best opportunities and solutions to meet their financial goals.
You are the Chief Architect from a consulting organization brought into review the work to date by MightyGears and to make recommendations to the CIO and the board on the opportunities and solutions present.
Which of the following answers best describes how TOGAF recommends examining the opportunities and solutions before presenting to the board?
Choose one of the following answers

• A. I would examine the architecture work today ensuring it is complete and accurate and addressing any gaps. I would look at functional and integration requirements. I would then ensure all dependencies are understood and documented. I would then create the necessary artefacts including major work packages and transition architectures and the project charters for the recommended projects for presentation to the board.
  • B. I would assess the architecture work today, create, and priorities projects to transition Widget Inc from the current architecture to target architecture. This will include a business value for each project, the resources required and the intended timing. I would then validate the prioritizations with the board particularly looking at cost benefits and risks. Lastly, I would generate the Architecture Implementation Roadmap and document lessons learned.
  • C. I would assess the requirements of the organization particularly those requirements describing the functions required and information flows within the architecture. I would then look to produce artifacts that describe the recommended projects, the risk, issues and dependencies. This would also include transition architects to move us from current architecture to the recommended target architectures. I would present my recommendations to the board for agreement. Once this is done, I would update the architectures reflecting any changes resulting from the board discussion.
  • D. I would look at the corporate culture and attitude to change, understand the constraints such as cost and the required time horizons. I would then look at the architecture work to ensure it is complete and seek to address any gaps. I would review the functional requirements and ensure there are complete interoperability requirements. I would then validate any dependencies and risks. Then formulate an implementation and migration strategy identifies major work packages and the transition architecture required. Finally, once agreement is reached with the board I will create project charters and re-factor any changes needed from the board discussion into the architecture.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
greenkarthik1
2 months ago
Answer D. The steps in Phase E are as follows: ■ Determine/confirm key corporate change attributes (see Section 12.3.1) ■ Determine business constraints for implementation (see Section 12.3.2) ■ Review and consolidate gap analysis results from Phases B to D (see Section 12.3.3) ■ Review consolidated requirements across related business functions (see Section 12.3.4) ■ Consolidate and reconcile interoperability requirements (see Section 12.3.5) ■ Refine and validate dependencies (see Section 12.3.6) ■ Confirm readiness and risk for business transformation (see Section 12.3.7) ■ Formulate Implementation and Migration Strategy (see Section 12.3.8) ■ Identify and group major work packages (see Section 12.3.9) ■ Identify Transition Architectures (see Section 12.3.10) ■ Create the Architecture Roadmap & Implementation and Migration Plan (see Section 12.3.11)
upvoted 1 times
Watad
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: D
repeated, see Question #31, the answer was D in 31, hence should be D also here
upvoted 1 times
Sasi2017
1 year, 11 months ago
I am going with A as you have to assess the existing options in hand than reviewing the readiness for change. As that was done by the team already.
upvoted 1 times
Edgarrt
2 years, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: D
project charters is created after phase E, u need to approve plan first
upvoted 3 times
sanjepau
2 years, 9 months ago
D should be the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
susridey
2 years, 9 months ago
A is migration planning talks about work packages and transition D is the right answer
upvoted 1 times
sameersoftyhcl
2 years, 10 months ago
The question is examining the opportunities and solutions "before presenting to the board". Probably the last statement is option D was not needed. So I think A is the right answer.
upvoted 2 times
sameersoftyhcl
2 years, 10 months ago
D should be the right answer, because Project Charter is part of Phase F, should not be considered before approval from phase E
upvoted 2 times
p_ze_wolf
2 years, 11 months ago
D is exactly the content of the 12.3 chapter Steps of Phase E
upvoted 2 times
mrg998
2 years, 10 months ago
I say the answer is D also. D is the correct answer. This is the most complete description of the TOGAF approach to the Opportunities and Solutions phase this is specifically different from the other answers because it includes an assessment of the organisation. TOGAF refers to this as ‘Determine/confirm key corporate change attributes’ C is the second best answer, this misses out the assessment of key corporate change attributes. A is the third best answer because this misses out assessment of key corporate change attributes, and does not include the creation of portfolio and project charters and a retrospective update of the architectures. B is the red herring answer this is a description of the Migration phase in ADM.
upvoted 3 times
el3ctronick
1 month, 4 weeks ago
not exactly but looks the best against the rest available
upvoted 1 times
pankaj3284
3 years, 1 month ago
Answer is A , i will tell you why , question talks about oppurtunity and solution and not migration ..so it should not involve phase F steps
upvoted 1 times
sameersoftyhcl
2 years, 10 months ago
Project charter is part of Phase F
upvoted 1 times
tushmish
2 years, 1 month ago
Option A also has a reference to project charter '...and the project charters for the recommended projects for presentation to the board'
upvoted 1 times
Chang007
3 years, 1 month ago
Answer is D; since the try to reduce the cost and option D talks about evaluation of Cost.
upvoted 2 times
bsi
3 years, 2 months ago
I also believe that it should be D, but every site that has this question shows A. Does someone know officially what should be the answer?
upvoted 3 times
el3ctronick
1 month, 4 weeks ago
because all the sites have reproduced the work done by 1 person. they only stole the work done once. nobody cares if the answers are right, they don't validate them
upvoted 1 times
polymorf
3 years, 7 months ago
Answer is D
upvoted 4 times
Victor6510
3 years, 7 months ago
Agree. Should be D.
upvoted 8 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...