Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam OG0-092 topic 1 question 16 discussion

Actual exam question from The Open Group's OG0-092
Question #: 16
Topic #: 1
[All OG0-092 Questions]

Scenario:
You have been appointed as a consultant to the Lead Enterprise Architect of an international agricultural company that exports bulbs, flowers and seeds worldwide. The company has its headquarters in the Netherlands, and has sales and distribution centers in over 30 countries worldwide. Several of these centers include administrative, manufacturing, and research facilities.
To achieve full integration of their research capabilities with their development centers located in various climate zones, the company wants to develop strong self- directed teams in each location. It also wants to define new business models that are profitable while reducing their impact on the environment. The management team is deeply committed to ensuring that the company is a world leader in socially responsible seed development with a business strategy that focuses on profitability through environmentally friendly operating processes.
The international operations of the company are subject to legal and regulatory requirements for each country where they operate. The production of genetically modified seeds has governmental controls that are strictly enforced and compliance is critical. Recently a competitor was heavily fined for violating the regulations in a country where it was developing pest-resistant seeds.
The Governing Board is concerned about the risks posed in this complex global environment, and as a result has approved the expenditure of resources to establish an Enterprise Architecture program. They have requested to be informed about the status of projects that could impact regulatory compliance. They also want to enable the corporate legal staff and auditors to analyze proposed architectures to ensure that they are within the legal guidelines for a given location. In addition, the research organization should be able to see that the architecture is appropriate for its needs.
TOGAF 9 has been mandated as the framework for the development and evolution of the Enterprise Architecture practice. The Preliminary Phase has been completed to establish the enterprise architecture capability for this project.
You have been asked to recommend an approach that would enable the development of an architecture that addresses the needs of the Governing Board, legal staff, auditors and the research organization.
Based on TOGAF 9, which of the following is the best answer?

• A. You recommend that each project architecture activity is developed using a consistent modeling approach that is uniform across all architecture projects. Each architecture should be defined based on this fixed set of models so that all concerned parties can examine the models to ensure that their issues and concerns have been addressed.
  • B. You recommend that a special report be created for those groups that have sufficient power and level of interest. This report should summarize the key features of the architecture with respect to the particular location. Each of these reports should reflect the stakeholders1 requirements.
  • C. You recommend that a set of models be created for each project architecture that can be used to ensure that the system will be compliant with the local regulations. Stakeholders should then view the models to verify that their concerns have been properly addressed.
  • D. You recommend that a stakeholder map be developed. This will allow the architects to define groups of stakeholders that share common concerns. A set of views should be defined to address the concerns for each group of stakeholders. Architecture models should then be created for each view to address the stakeholders' concerns.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Prince_C
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
Answer is D because of the Stakeholder Map, an essential item to deal with all the relevant stakeholders
upvoted 13 times
Prince_C
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
Answer is D
upvoted 8 times
JKLExTop
Most Recent 1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: D
Too many stakeholder concerns. Only a map can address it. D is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
lorik75
1 year, 3 months ago
Each location has own special rules. we should consider all the locations possible to violate: A - incorrect - because fixed set of views ist not enough B - incorrect - only Stakeholder with the POWER C - second best choise, but in my opinion, i can develop set of views fist, when I can the all regulations...so I need to identify them D - the best one: I identify and then develop the views...
upvoted 1 times
rkustagi
1 year, 11 months ago
The answer is D. Stakeholder Map, is an essential tool to understand relevant stakeholders and their influence
upvoted 1 times
rkustagi
1 year, 11 months ago
The answer is D. Stakeholder Map, is an essential tool to understand relevant stakeholders and their influence
upvoted 1 times
Edgarrt
2 years, 1 month ago
I think is D, but same casi is in Question 8 but in that case ans is C. I am a little confused
upvoted 1 times
qinghe
2 years, 6 months ago
I think answer is D, but funny thing is I have see the same question has been in the list with Answer C
upvoted 2 times
LunchTime
2 years, 8 months ago
The correct answer is “C”. As youthanasia states correctly, the answer has to be a target first approach since they are using a COTS package and the CIO is not concerned about preserving the existing systems (see section 18.4 of the TOGAF 9.2 spec “Approaches to Architecture Development”). Therefore, the answer has to be either B or C. Both answers are reasonable, but what makes C the best, and hence correct answer, is the statement in section 12.3.3 of the 9.2 spec “A recommended technique for determining the dependencies is to use sets of views such as the Business Interaction matrix, the Data Entity/Business Function matrix, and the Application/Function matrix to completely relate elements from different architectural domains.” Answer B includes the “Data Entity/Business Function matrix” which answer B does not. As such, answer C better addresses the stakeholder concern “What non-procurement applications will need to be integrated with any new procurement applications?”
upvoted 1 times
HD15
2 years, 11 months ago
I feel Ans should be C.
upvoted 1 times
senthilkumars
3 years ago
Answer C: This ensures local regulations then comes to Stakeholder concerns
upvoted 1 times
LunchTime
2 years, 9 months ago
Local regulations are a stakeholders concern. Answer is D.
upvoted 2 times
LunchTime
2 years, 9 months ago
Also, viewing the models to determine if they address the concerns is not the approach. The approach is the other way around.
upvoted 1 times
tomvik
3 years, 9 months ago
Ans is C
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...