Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam OG0-092 topic 1 question 31 discussion

Actual exam question from The Open Group's OG0-092
Question #: 31
Topic #: 1
[All OG0-092 Questions]

Scenario: AutoComp Corporation -
AutoComp Corporation produces components for the Car industry. Driven by the global financial downturn they are looking to reduce IT costs. They believe there is a cost saving opportunity within IT but this is not quantified in terms of potential savings nor is there agreed target architecture.
Final decisions on the solutions are not yet fully agreed. They have completed their Vision Phase and first pass of the three architecture definition phases and now they want to finalize and plan their solutions. You are the Chief Architect from a consulting organization brought into review the work to date by AutoComp
Corporation and to make recommendations to the CIO and the board on this.
Which of the following answers best describes how TOGAF recommends in this context?

• A. I would determine the business value of each solution, prioritize accordingly each set of solutions, conduct detailed Risk Assessment and Mitigation, do Compliance reviews and then implement the solutions. I would present my recommendations to the board for agreement. Once this is done, I would update the architectures reflecting any changes resulting from the board discussion.
  • B. I would after confirming Enterprise Change Attributes and constraints, do a Consolidated Gap Analysis then dependencies, then group and allocate the transitions. I would also assess Enterprise readiness and risks. Then I would also assess the business value of the solutions, do risk analysis with mitigation and then schedule the work products.
  • C. I would do a Consolidated Gap Analysis by considering then dependencies, then group and allocate the transitions. I would then look to produce artifacts that describe the recommended projects, the risk, issues and dependencies. This would also include transition architects to move us from current architecture to the recommended target architectures. I would present my recommendations to the board for agreement. Once this is done, I would update the architectures reflecting any changes resulting from the board discussion.
  • D. I would look at the corporate culture and attitude to change, understand the constraints such as cost and the required time horizons. I would then look at the architecture work to ensure it is complete and seek to address any gaps. I would review the functional requirements and ensure there are complete interoperability requirements. I would then validate any dependencies and risks. Then formulate an implementation and migration strategy identifies major work packages and the transition architecture required. Finally, once agreement is reached with the board I will create project charters and re-factor any changes needed from the board discussion into the architecture.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
polymorf
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
I would go with C
upvoted 8 times
Watad
Most Recent 1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: D
D is best, then B
upvoted 1 times
clementi
1 year, 1 month ago
In this answer there are the steps of phase E
upvoted 1 times
Caren222
1 year, 4 months ago
My only concern with D is why the Lead Architect creates the project charter. Is it role of the PM?
upvoted 2 times
Red8aron
9 months, 1 week ago
In the context of enterprise architecture and TOGAF, project charters are typically created by the organization's management or project sponsors. The project charter is a formal document that authorizes the existence of a project and provides the project manager with the authority to apply resources to project activities.
upvoted 3 times
mkngn208
1 year, 7 months ago
Agree with D . Perfectly match the steps in phase E
upvoted 4 times
KASTHU
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Prilimnary, Phas A and first pass of BCD is complete and so the phase is E. C has steps from phase E
upvoted 1 times
elainexs
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Phase E, should be A.
upvoted 1 times
AnilV
1 year, 9 months ago
"They have completed their Vision Phase and first pass of the three architecture definition phases and now they want to finalize and plan their solutions." So next Phase is Phase E, where they do GAP analysis and then Migration & transition phases. it is more aligned to Answer "C".
upvoted 2 times
Edgarrt
2 years, 1 month ago
Cost is for phase F.
upvoted 3 times
el3ctronick
1 month, 4 weeks ago
from the framework phase E step 1 : Key steps in Phase E include: Identify Key Business Drivers Constraining Sequence of Implementation Examples are reduction of costs, consolidation of services, introduction of new customer services, etc.
upvoted 1 times
KMurthy04
2 years, 9 months ago
I think its D, because the question asked was to "finalize and plan their solutions. " so we are in Phase F not E.that is why the cost factor.
upvoted 3 times
Falconion
1 year, 1 month ago
"finalize and plan their solutions" means, that the solutions are not yet decided on. this means, that the SBBs are not yet chosen. so we cannot be in phase F because the SBBs are selected in phase E.
upvoted 1 times
mrg998
2 years, 10 months ago
D is the best answer, addresses all the steps in Phase E.
upvoted 2 times
Sixty
3 years ago
I want to say B because it has the most steps from the Phase E 12.3.1 Determine/Confirm Key Corporate Change Attributes 12.3.2 Determine Business Constraints for Implementation 12.3.3 Review and Consolidate Gap Analysis Results from Phases B to D 12.3.4 Review Consolidated Requirements Across Related Business Functions 12.3.5 Consolidate and Reconcile Interoperability Requirements 12.3.6 Refine and Validate Dependencies 12.3.7 Confirm Readiness and Risk for Business Transformation 12.3.8 Formulate Implementation and Migration Strategy 12.3.9 Identify and Group Major Work Packages 12.3.10 Identify Transition Architectures 12.3.11 Create the Architecture Roadmap & Implementation and Migration Plan
upvoted 1 times
Sixty
3 years ago
No I'm wrong D addresses more steps.
upvoted 2 times
dave256
2 years, 6 months ago
Yes D matches all these in Phase E
upvoted 1 times
Mzehk
3 years, 1 month ago
D is correct, all the steps listed in Phase E
upvoted 1 times
dannysijia
3 years, 6 months ago
I will go for D
upvoted 3 times
Prince_C
3 years, 7 months ago
C is the right answer
upvoted 4 times
Victor6510
3 years, 7 months ago
TOGAF recommends "Consolidated Gaps, Solutions, & Dependencies Matrix" for migration planning instead of "Consolidated Gap Analysis". Besides, Phase E contains other key steps instead of just focusing on the transition architecture.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...