Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 5V0-21.19 topic 1 question 16 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 5V0-21.19
Question #: 16
Topic #: 1
[All 5V0-21.19 Questions]

Which two conditions should be verified before removing the ESXi host from a vSAN cluster? (Choose two.)

• A. Data evacuation is complete.
  • B. Encryption is disabled.
  • C. ESXi host is in maintenance mode.
  • D. Resyncs are running.
  • E. All objects are currently healthy.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: CE 🗳️
Reference:
https://vsan-essentials.gitbooks.io/vsan-6-2/content/chapter7.html

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
wtkc
Highly Voted 3 years, 7 months ago
We can choose "no evacuation" option. so, A is not necessary. Actually, C and E are collect answers.
upvoted 7 times
DSA
3 years, 5 months ago
Would agreee to C & E: When the host is in Maintenance, the evacuation operation is completed (->A). E is obvious ;)
upvoted 2 times
dfdd1
2 years, 9 months ago
you can put the host in Maintenance mode without data evacuation. So it doesn't mean evacuation is done or not.
upvoted 3 times
Virtual_ITTech
2 years, 4 months ago
you have to have data evacuation, the question is talking about completely removing a host from cluster, and not just a temporary host shutdown. so A is must have.
upvoted 1 times
Ady_14
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
I agree with A and C. https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2148975
upvoted 7 times
hsezer
Most Recent 1 year, 11 months ago
I think A is not necessary, you can put the host in maintenance mode also selecting ensure accessibility. After object repair timer delay time objects will synchronized. So the key point is healthy status. A similar operation of removing disk groups says you can use also ensure accessbility option. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.vsphere.virtualsan.doc/GUID-16EBFE47-28BE-48DA-8B62-C99B2A7DC5C0.html
upvoted 1 times
hsezer
1 year, 11 months ago
C and E correct.
upvoted 1 times
Lundu1995
2 years, 3 months ago
In my opinion its A & E because the best way is to evacuate the host (full data migration) and check if every object is happy. than remove the node. for sure the node must be in maintenance, but in my opinion this is obvious. i guess they wanna hear which option you wanna choose and this is full data migration and check if everything is happy
upvoted 1 times
Virtual_ITTech
2 years, 4 months ago
I would say A, E. A must have because data evacuation is required when permanently removing a host from cluster. E is more likely than C because we want to make sure object are healthy, which same thing as waiting for resync to complete. C is likely but it is obvious because putting a host in MM is inherent to the process of decommissioning a host and specific to vSAN situation
upvoted 2 times
Lazylinux
2 years, 4 months ago
A & C for sure..remember here you are removing completely Esxi Host from cluster and hence if NO complete evacuation done then you will end up with orphaned or inaccessible VMS
upvoted 2 times
Lazylinux
2 years, 3 months ago
I correct myself since i been reading more and i would go for A and E => because before evacuating data one MUST make sure all objects are Healthy then FULL data evacuation, because when you try to remove host from vSAN it will ask you about Modes and hence you already getting into maintenance mode and hence C no really applicable
upvoted 1 times
HRC
2 years, 5 months ago
I would go for A and E on as a 'verification' before removing a host from vSAN cluster. Removing a host will remove the disk group(s) so is the data on it as well.
upvoted 1 times
Char250
2 years, 6 months ago
Correct answers are A & C https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2148975 2. Put the host into maintenance mode with full data migration selected. This will evacuate all disk groups.
upvoted 2 times
atti9
2 years, 8 months ago
You migrate the data out of the node by putting it into maintenance mode. E is a good practice, but objects may be unavailable for other unrelated reasons that does not hinder the node from being removed. So A and C are correct.
upvoted 1 times
RoninVI
2 years, 10 months ago
Right-click on host > Select Maintenance Mode > Select data handling option > click Ok > Data Evac Completes > Resynch objects completes > Host is now in Mainteance Mode.
upvoted 2 times
diegof1
3 years, 3 months ago
A & C are correct. You need to put the host in maintenance mode with the recommended option "Full Data migration" then wait for data evacuation to be complete. Put a host in maintenance mode is not a guarantee that data is evacuated because you could choose "No data migration". This is not a good practice, because you should ensure the data is available in the rest hosts before remove it from the vSAN Cluster.
upvoted 4 times
Eashwar
3 years, 4 months ago
A and C should be the correct answer . The option E is the general verification which need to be done for any maintenance activity.
upvoted 1 times
rajVCIX
3 years, 5 months ago
I would go with C because you do not need to evacuate the data from the host before moving it from the cluster. You can select the option to ensure availability. The question didn't give enough information to suggest that A is the only feasible answer which is data evacuation. E to ensure that the objects are healthy before a host cluster removal.
upvoted 4 times
Houston
3 years, 6 months ago
I would go for A and C
upvoted 2 times
alsmk2
3 years, 8 months ago
A & E - A: Data evacuation would suggest the host is already in maintenance mode, making C redundant. E: Would make sense that all objects should be healthy, with valid storage policies before removing the host.
upvoted 3 times
MIP
3 years, 8 months ago
personally I would look for A & E before I remove a host. A "data evacuation is complete" means that there are no more resyncs running & most probably that the host is in maintenance mode or that most probably all disk groups of the hosts are removed (= data evacuated). that is important before you remove a host! B is non sense. C is technically possible without evacuating data. D resyncs are not running anymore when all objects are healthy and the data evacuation is complete. E all objects should be healthy before you remove a host!
upvoted 2 times
LCOJ
3 years, 10 months ago
A agree that correct answers should be A and C as per explanation below: http://www.vexpertconsultancy.com/2019/06/step-by-step-remove-a-node-permanently-from-a-vsan-cluster/
upvoted 5 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...