Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 3V0-752 topic 1 question 43 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 3V0-752
Question #: 43
Topic #: 1
[All 3V0-752 Questions]

A company wants to migrate end user applications to VMware App Volumes. The IT team creates five App Stacks using a Windows desktop VM deployed from a golden master image used for all Horizon desktop pools. Some users experience application failures with a few applications in some of the App Stacks.
What can the IT team do to resolve these application issues?

• A. Update the App Volumes Agent in the golden master image, then delete and redeploy the Horizon desktops of the users experiencing issues.
  • B. Install a new copy of the same Windows operating system without any updates, patches, or service packs, and use it as the App Volumes capture VM.
  • C. Refresh the Horizon desktop VMs of the users experiencing the issues.
  • D. Capture each application in a single App Stack and assign each user the correct application using Identity Manager.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mba1
Highly Voted 3 years ago
All the answers are terrible but "C" could be remotely possible! If the user has added something to the cloned Vm that does not exist on the appvol capture VM then it has moved away from the base image we captured. If ONLY some of the apps are not working then this is the only possible explanation and a refresh would bring it back to base we started from. remember it said SOME OF THE USERS...
upvoted 6 times
crumpet
Most Recent 1 year, 8 months ago
For me, the only viable answer is D. A. I can't see how Answer A would provide a solution to poorly performing App Volumes. B. As tempting as this sounds, the provisioning VM used for creating your App Volumes should resemble your Host VDI Master Image as closely as possible : https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/4/com.vmware.appvolumes.admin.doc/GUID-BCC67C19-AC5C-4D25-9F1B-9BE8536A2909.html C. Again, can't see how this will help apart from a token troubleshooting step. D. This seems to be the only viable option and indeed what I have found in my own testing is that App Volumes works best when you group applications together into a single App Volume and restrict access to these apps via other technologies (such as FSLogix App Masking, UEM application blocking etc.) VMware even say that they have only tested a maximum of 5 app volumes mounted to any single VDI VM: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67354
upvoted 1 times
TeeItUp
2 years, 11 months ago
The answer is B, agree with rfelipe... the provisioning machine needs to be as vanilla as possible but the correct OS the end users will be using.
upvoted 2 times
MistaPablo
2 years, 10 months ago
So wrong. "Provision the AppStacks on a clean base image, that is a virtual machine, that closely resembles the target environment to which you later plan to deploy the AppStack. For example, the provisioning virtual machine and the target should be at the same patch and service pack level. If you have included applications in the base image, they should also be present in the provisioning virtual machine". https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/2.18/com.vmware.appvolumes.admin.doc/GUID-85561285-9243-444F-AD1D-0A8E1CD9589A.html
upvoted 2 times
jypweqzfxvfewtxuis
3 years, 8 months ago
test comment
upvoted 1 times
rfelipe
3 years, 8 months ago
Why need to update the App Volumes Agent in the golden master image? The recommendation is to use a vanilla iamge, so in my opinion it should be B
upvoted 4 times
Sameer
3 years, 2 months ago
B cant be right, the recommendation from VMware is The golden image must have the required OS, the necessary updates and service packs, and core applications common to all user desktops. https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/reviewers-guide-vmware-app-volumes Refresh is supported for instant clones, so my guess is answer C
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...