Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 2V0-21.20 topic 1 question 17 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 2V0-21.20
Question #: 17
Topic #: 1
[All 2V0-21.20 Questions]

Which two statements are true regarding the use of firmware update packages in vSphere Lifecycle Manager? (Choose two.)

• A. A hardware support manager must be registered as a vCenter Server extension.
  • B. The firmware and drivers add-on are distributed through the official VMware online depot.
  • C. The firmware and drivers add-on can be used on clusters that are managed with baselines.
  • D. The firmware and drivers add-on can add or remove components from the ESXi base image.
  • E. The firmware and drivers add-on is provided by a third-party vendor.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AE 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
morti
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
So I am finally sure it is A and E. I just had the "Whats New in vSphere 7 course" and there are two pages in the course material which state this answer. There is a difference between "Vendor add-ons" and "Firmware and Drivers add-on". Vendor AddOns might add or remove components from the ESXi base image, but NOT the Firmware and Drivers Addon. Also the course material states that a hardware support manager must be registered with vCenter and that those addons are provided by third party. On this link here, you find the images along with the explanation leading to answers A and E :) https://ulisesbecerro.com/vsphere-lifecycle-manager/ -
upvoted 48 times
pbardavi
2 years, 11 months ago
Agreed - A is correct according to the deployment guide 'vSphere Lifecycle Manager allows you to manage the firmware lifecycle on ESXi hosts that are part of a cluster that you manage with a single image. Prerequisites Deploy the vendor-provided hardware support manager and register it as a vCenter Server extension. For more information about deploying and managing a hardware support manager, see the respective OEM documentation.' D is incorrect as it is a base image and in vSphere 7 that is discontinued
upvoted 1 times
shnz03
2 years, 11 months ago
Agree. Ans A and E. Just to add what is Firmware and Driver Add-on? It is a special type of vendor add-on designed to assist in the "firmware update process". See https://www.stevenbright.com/2020/04/getting-started-with-vsphere-7-0-lifecycle-manager/
upvoted 4 times
markey164
7 months, 1 week ago
Great link from morti. Read that and the answers (AE) are there :-)
upvoted 1 times
Niranjan0904
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
A and D is correct
upvoted 16 times
manyegs
Most Recent 11 months, 4 weeks ago
D is disqualified by "........the add-on can add, update, or remove components that are part of the ESXi base image"
upvoted 1 times
TshepoM
1 year ago
Selected Answer: AD
D.When you select and include a firmware add-on to an image, that add-on might modify the specified image by adding or removing components. A. The hardware support manager is a plug-in that registers itself as a vCenter Server extension.
upvoted 1 times
vHelper
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: AE
To apply firmware updates, you must use a vendor-provided firmware and driver add-on in the image. Firmware updates are available in a special vendor depot that you access through a vendor-specific hardware support manager plug-in that registers itself as a vCenter Server extension.
upvoted 1 times
vHelper
1 year, 1 month ago
Agree with A and E. To apply firmware updates, you must use a vendor-provided firmware and driver addon in the image. Firmware updates are available in a special vendor depot that you access through a vendor-specific hardware support manager plugin that registered itself as a vc server extension
upvoted 1 times
hsezer
1 year, 2 months ago
AE is correct. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-lifecycle-manager/GUID-34AF5B19-FC80-4915-8358-D5FCC8A8E69E.html
upvoted 1 times
MohamedZohair
1 year, 2 months ago
AE is Correct
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year, 6 months ago
No doubts for A. Argument for E is firmware "Unlike vendor add-ons, firmware and drivers add-ons are not distributed through the official VMware online depot or as offline bundles available at my.vmware.com." https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere-lifecycle-manager.doc/GUID-34AF5B19-FC80-4915-8358-D5FCC8A8E69E.html
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year, 6 months ago
A D for me... Not sure for D, but nor Add or Remove mencionated.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year, 6 months ago
A and E... Sorry. Not D.
upvoted 1 times
Sureshayyangave
1 year, 9 months ago
AD, is correct. It is clearly mentioned that "unlike add-on" which means vmware provide add-on. "Unlike vendor add-ons, firmware and drivers add-ons are not distributed through the official VMware online depot or as offline bundles available at my.vmware.com." https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere-lifecycle-manager.doc/GUID-34AF5B19-FC80-4915-8358-D5FCC8A8E69E.html
upvoted 1 times
NotForSale999
1 year, 10 months ago
For months I've been going through these questions, and I always miss this one. It never made sense the "firmware and drivers" were from a third-party vendor. But it's the "firmware and drivers ADDONS" that are from a third-party. Everyone that take this exam says to read the discussions. I take the exam tomorrow, very glad I re-read this one today.
upvoted 1 times
soufjam91
1 year, 12 months ago
A&E The firmware and drivers add-on is a vendor-provided add-on that contains the components that encapsulate firmware update packages. The firmware and drivers add-on might also contain the necessary drivers. Starting with vSphere 7.0, you can easily update the firmware in any cluster that you manage with a single image. Firmware updates are not available for clusters that you manage with baselines. The firmware add-on also defines the firmware versions to be installed on the hosts. During remediation, vSphere Lifecycle Manager applies the image to the hosts and requests the selected hardware support manager to update the firmware on the hosts in accordance with the firmware add-on specified in the image.
upvoted 3 times
smendez27
1 year, 12 months ago
A & E is correct
upvoted 1 times
Jasonwcc
2 years ago
AE it is! Renew to v7. this still came out . pass with 500/500. BCD wrong. "firmware and drivers add-on" is for third-party vendor never for VMware products
upvoted 4 times
lucaverce
2 years ago
A and E, I agree with you. Answer D is confused, firmware and drivers can't add or remove anything
upvoted 1 times
lucaverce
2 years, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: AD
Even E may be correct, but the best answers are A and D
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...