Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 5V0-21.20 topic 1 question 29 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 5V0-21.20
Question #: 29
Topic #: 1
[All 5V0-21.20 Questions]

An infrastructure architect is submitting a proposal for a vSAN Cluster.
These are the customer's requirements:
✑ Maximize the amount of usable capacity.
✑ Deduplication and compression will be enabled to help maximize usable capacity.
Which disk group configuration should the architect include in their design?

• A. One disk group with one flash device for cache and six flash devices for capacity.
  • B. Three disk groups with one flash device for cache and two flash devices for capacity per disk group.
  • C. Five disk groups with one flash device for cache and one magnetic device for capacity per disk group.
  • D. One disk group with one flash device for cache and six magnetic devices for capacity.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
jsi928
9 months ago
B. When you enable deduplication and compression on a vSAN cluster, all disk groups participate in data reduction through deduplication and compression. You can add a capacity disk to a disk group with enabled deduplication and compression. However, for more efficient deduplication and compression, instead of adding capacity disks, create a new disk group to increase cluster storage capacity. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.vsan.doc/GUID-AA72CA1D-803D-4D1D-87BB-E7D86EC947D2.html
upvoted 1 times
Lazylinux
2 years, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
I believe A is correct and if comes in exam i would flip coin between A and B :)
upvoted 1 times
dfdd1
2 years, 10 months ago
A is correct
upvoted 1 times
BLOWNVZ
3 years ago
Agreed, A is correct based on the criteria being asked for. Taken from VMware doco "vSAN can eliminate duplicate data blocks within each disk group, but not across disk groups" https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.vsan.doc/GUID-2285B446-46BF-429C-A1E7-BEE276ED40F7.html
upvoted 3 times
Rabbit117
3 years, 1 month ago
A and B are the only two possible answers as DD&C is only available on all flash configuration. I'm gona say A is correct as DD&C is performed per disk group so a single disk group will give a better DD ratio. I'm aware that best practice is always to have more than one disk group, for performance and redundancy (more fault domains) but the question does not mention best practice, only maximizing capacity. The article below does say to use more than one disk group, however it is in relation to performance. https://blogs.vmware.com/virtualblocks/2020/06/18/vsan-design-considerations-deduplication-and-compression/ In my opinion , and based purely on the wording of the question I think that answer A is correct.
upvoted 3 times
gkoylu
2 years, 10 months ago
I agree with you, A and B are the right but the important point is raion so the larger the disk group is the higher ratio.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...