Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 3V0-21.21 topic 1 question 26 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 3V0-21.21
Question #: 26
Topic #: 1
[All 3V0-21.21 Questions]

An architect is designing a solution for an environment with two types of resource profiles that must be virtualized. The first type consists of Tier 1 virtual machines that are disk I/O intensive, but do NOT require high CPU or memory. The second type consists of Tier 2 virtual machines that require a lower CPU and memory allocation and have minimal disk I/O.
Which design recommendation should the architect make for distributing the resource profiles?

• A. Separate the two resource profiles into two clusters. The Tier 1 cluster will have fast storage while the Tier 2 cluster will not.
  • B. Run both resource profiles on the same cluster with the same host hardware platform.
  • C. Separate the two resource profiles into two clusters. The Tier 2 cluster will have faster CPU and more memory while the Tier 1 cluster will have slower CPU and less memory but more disk space.
  • D. Run both resource profiles on the same cluster with host hardware that has fast CPU, large amounts of memory, and the fastest storage platform.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
nemisis95
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
Changing my answer to B. Both resource profiles DO NOT require high CPU or memory, only a different level of disk IOPS. We can use vSAN here to apply a storage policy to the the different tier VM's
upvoted 16 times
Aletzziss
2 years, 10 months ago
good observation! that's the only difference
upvoted 6 times
purulence
1 year, 3 months ago
Ok but no one talks about usage of VSAN here. Technically both Tiers could run on same cluster in an average IT company. But if we focus what is desired in ideal world, separating tiers to different clusters would be the best approach in my opinion. So that`s why I`m still with "A".
upvoted 3 times
Mariosoftnet
Highly Voted 2 years, 5 months ago
Answer is A. Checked in the training manual, chapter 10 Infrastructure Manageability: When mention about tiers... always talks about DIFFERENT CLUSTERS. Vmware suggest this in order to calculate spare hosts, cpu contention, disk performance, etc. In this case B and D should be disregarded, you should not mix Tier 1 and 2 in the same cluster. A option meets requirements: faster storage
upvoted 15 times
Aolivera
2 years, 3 months ago
I agree. Just checked the same doc and I agree with your comment
upvoted 1 times
safodz
Most Recent 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Storage array has storage tiering function that allow classification of of iops workload
upvoted 1 times
safodz
10 months, 3 weeks ago
The same storage can handle high IOPS and low IOPS so it is not question to have to sperate storage for each workload
upvoted 1 times
MohamedZohair
1 year ago
The answer is A
upvoted 2 times
Alchot
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: B
IOPS performance profile for each app tier are created in the storage and vSphere storage policies. There is no requirement to say sharing the host hardware or array will affect storage performance. Therefore without more NFR option B.
upvoted 2 times
balabharath
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
B = Same profile and same hardware. Did not mention about storage. C = More disk space but doesnt talk about IOPS. So requirement is not met. D = Fast CPU / Memory is not required for both Tier of VMs. Hence it is a expensive solution. Hence answer is A. It fulfills the requirement and follows the best design practice of isolating VM Tiers.
upvoted 1 times
purulence
1 year, 4 months ago
"A" looks like the best approach if there`s no budget constraints. But in a real life scenario, we all know that, "B" is what is being applied in most companies. I`m not sure from which perspective we should evaluate this question. I hope this question doesn`t appear in the exam as there`re two correct answers in my understanding. Please provide more concrete info on this one if you have.
upvoted 1 times
VCIX_Chris
1 year, 6 months ago
Usually you'd have one cluster and a storage device with differently performing storage tiers. I suppose it's A for this specific question. I also suppose that 75% of the test takers will choose the wrong answer here.
upvoted 2 times
spam
2 years, 3 months ago
Agree with Mariosoftnet. Doubting between A and B, so following best practices as there is no cost contraints.
upvoted 1 times
JLF_VMW
2 years, 8 months ago
I think the key to the answer is the word "profile", you can have different profiles in the same hardware. So, the answer is B.
upvoted 5 times
ertin74
2 years, 8 months ago
B Fast CPU and large memory aren't required.
upvoted 1 times
cloudsinair
2 years, 8 months ago
My answer is D, Regardless of fast CPU and Memory. The requirement is the fastest storage, which is only mentioned in D.
upvoted 1 times
nemisis95
2 years, 9 months ago
We DON'T need host hardware that has fast CPU, large amounts of memory. That's the key difference between B and D.
upvoted 1 times
cloudsinair
2 years, 8 months ago
D seems to be correct, as the some VMs are disk intensive while others are not. so we need fast disk storage with resource profiles.
upvoted 1 times
rajeshrub
3 years ago
Might be D. Just create two resource pools and assign shares within pool.
upvoted 4 times
nemisis95
2 years, 10 months ago
Agree with this.
upvoted 1 times
amgice
3 years ago
i think is A
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...