Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 600 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 600
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

An administrator identifies some locations on the third floor of the building that have a poor wireless signal Multiple users confirm the incident and report it is not an isolated event. Which of the following should the administrator use to find the areas with a poor or non-existent wireless signal?

• A. Heat map
  • B. Input validation
  • C. Site survey
  • D. Embedded systems
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ApplebeesWaiter1122
Highly Voted 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
To find the areas with a poor or non-existent wireless signal, the administrator should conduct a wireless site survey. A wireless site survey is a process of planning and designing a wireless network by surveying the physical location to understand the RF (radio frequency) characteristics and signal propagation in the area. During a site survey, the administrator uses specialized tools and equipment to measure the wireless signal strength at various locations within the building. The data collected is then used to create a heat map, which visually represents the signal coverage and strength across the surveyed area. This heat map helps identify areas with poor or weak signal strength and allows the administrator to make informed decisions about the placement of wireless access points or other necessary adjustments to improve wireless coverage and performance.
upvoted 19 times
jam2631
Highly Voted 9 months ago
A "One way to visually see the results of these site surveys is to use a heat map" -Professor Messer: Installing Wireless networks
upvoted 15 times
HCM1985
3 weeks, 6 days ago
Just answered yourself. You need a site survey to have a heat map
upvoted 1 times
AspiringNerd
Most Recent 1 day, 19 hours ago
Site Survey. Need a Site survey in order to produce a heat map.
upvoted 1 times
Geronemo
1 week, 3 days ago
Explanation: A site survey involves physically inspecting the premises to analyze wireless signal strength and coverage. During a site survey, the administrator can use specialized equipment to measure signal strength, identify dead zones or areas with poor coverage, and determine the optimal placement of access points for optimal coverage. Option A (Heat map) is related to visualizing wireless signal strength and coverage data, often generated from site surveys or other measurements, but it does not involve physically inspecting the premises to identify poor signal areas.
upvoted 1 times
russian
1 week, 5 days ago
Chat GPT: A. Heat map: Heat maps can be generated based on data collected during a site survey to visually represent signal strength and coverage areas. However, generating a heat map requires conducting a site survey first to collect the necessary data. C. Site survey Conducting a site survey will provide the necessary information to accurately assess the wireless signal strength and coverage areas on the third floor of the building, enabling the administrator to address the issue effectively.
upvoted 2 times
BD69
1 month, 1 week ago
Vague question - and, depending on where you look, it's either A or C. The thing is: was a site survey already done? If so, the heat map answer is correct, if not the site survey answer is correct. Who writes these questions?
upvoted 3 times
ekiel
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
The #703 is similar to this question but the answer is Site Survey and that is something should be done first, here I think it should be Heat map
upvoted 1 times
ps1hacker
2 months ago
I work for a wireless modem tech company. When a user calls in to setup and test their modem we preform a site survey to evaluate the signal quality.
upvoted 3 times
TM78
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Isn’t the heat map the specific part of the site survey that identifies signal strength? The way I am interpreting the question is that it’s asking for a specific part of the site survey…heat map.
upvoted 3 times
slapster
2 months, 2 weeks ago
This is perhaps one of the worst question wordings with answers that are too similar. I think I am leaning towards site survey (C) only due to my inference based on the question's use of the word "find." If the admin is "finding" the areas of poor/nonexistent signal strength, to me, it implies those areas haven't yet been discovered. A heat map displays that signal information and the admin can certainly reference those same areas, however, as many have pointed out, a site survey would have to already have been conducted to produce a heat map. Plus, since the question took the time to describe how employees have confirmed it's an ongoing incident, it implies to me that nothing has been done yet to resolve the issue. Shaky, I know, however I am more comfortable with my inference based on the wording/context of the question rather than the inference that a site survey has randomly been conducted already and an existing heat map can be referenced.
upvoted 1 times
memodrums
2 months, 2 weeks ago
From Messer, Heat Maps identify wireless signal strengths.
upvoted 2 times
NoConfusion
2 months, 2 weeks ago
A heat map is used as part of the site survey, so both are technically accurate, but heat map addresses the questions more directly as the tool that is used.
upvoted 5 times
Gramma
2 months, 2 weeks ago
site survey
upvoted 1 times
kewokil120
3 months ago
heat map shows the RF levels. Site survey could contain that information from a simulation of RF propagation. The most direct answer is heat map.
upvoted 2 times
kewokil120
3 months ago
heat map shows the RF levels. Site survey could contain that information from a simulation of RF propagation. The most direct answer is heat map.
upvoted 1 times
kewokil120
3 months ago
upvoted 1 times
caseymd85
3 months ago
A heat map uses actual RF signals to determine where to place the access points, whereas a site survey will typically use floor plans and additional data. Unlike a site survey, a heat map considers: Interference from nearby electrical equipment.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...