Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 598 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 598
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

Employees in the research and development business unit receive extensive training to ensure they understand how to best protect company data. Which of the following is the type of data these employees are most likely to use in day to-day work activities?

• A. Encrypted
  • B. Intellectual property
  • C. Critical
  • D. Data in transit
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
LeonardSnart
Highly Voted 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
C is the only type of data on the list, the others are not. IP could be perhaps Proprietary or Confidential or even Critical data, however for certain those handling Critical data will need the "extensive" training mentioned for certain. Types of data include Public, Private, Sensitive, Confidential, Critical, Proprietary, PII, PHI, SPI, FI, Government Data & Customer data. - Mike Meyers' Security+ Certification Passport SY0-601 by Dawn Dunkerley Critical data is data that is critical to the success of a mission within an organization. This can be the primary mission of the entire organization or any specific function within the organization. Proper data governance practices ensure that critical data elements within an organization are identified. Once they are identified, additional data governance processes can be implemented to manage the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the critical data." -Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead by Darril Gibson
upvoted 17 times
Yarzo
6 months, 1 week ago
B. Intellectual property The primary focus of research and development activities is to create and develop intellectual property, which includes patents, inventions, proprietary technologies, and other innovative creations. Protecting this intellectual property is of paramount importance in such business units to maintain a competitive advantage and safeguard the company's valuable assets. Critical data can encompass various types of data, but it does not specifically describe the primary focus of research and development work.
upvoted 7 times
russian
Most Recent 1 week, 4 days ago
Selected Answer: B
B. Intellectual property R&D employees are heavily involved in creating, analyzing, and protecting intellectual property, making it the most relevant type of data for their work.
upvoted 1 times
mikzer
3 weeks ago
Critical data is customer data, PHI, financial info, essential business processes. This is IP.
upvoted 1 times
MortG7
1 month ago
Key word = research and development --->intellectual property
upvoted 2 times
memodrums
2 months, 2 weeks ago
According to Messer's notes, Sensitive: intellectual property, PHI, and PII Critical: Data should always be available.
upvoted 2 times
kewokil120
3 months ago
B. Intellectual property
upvoted 2 times
dfc6822
3 months, 1 week ago
B. Intellectual property Employees in the research and development (R&D) business unit are likely to work extensively with intellectual property. Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions, designs, processes, or other types of proprietary information that have commercial value.
upvoted 3 times
MortG7
3 months, 1 week ago
Key word...day to day...answer is C
upvoted 1 times
MortG7
1 month ago
The answer is B...I need to stop drinking.
upvoted 2 times
NetworkTester1235
2 weeks, 5 days ago
This guy came back after 2 months and corrected himself once he learned more, hats off to you
upvoted 1 times
psowrong
3 months, 4 weeks ago
IP because question says company data which means its an IP and the R&D team uses the IP data to perform their job. The word critical seems vague and only implies the sensitivity/classification of the data
upvoted 3 times
ganymede
4 months, 2 weeks ago
B. Intellectual property
upvoted 2 times
Sebas8400
5 months ago
Intellectual property is not a type ofdata
upvoted 1 times
MortG7
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Schematics, designs, research results is data
upvoted 1 times
kong345
5 months, 3 weeks ago
I believe its B
upvoted 1 times
ComPCertOn
5 months, 4 weeks ago
i take it the word "company data" for a hint
upvoted 1 times
Nutzonchin
5 months, 3 weeks ago
Critical is the only answer that is an actual data type found in the course objectives. 5.5
upvoted 3 times
[Removed]
6 months, 1 week ago
This is a tough question, but I believe the answer is related to intellectual property.
upvoted 2 times
Narobi
6 months, 1 week ago
intellectual property is typically considered its own distinct type of data. Critical data usually refers to information that is critical for the day-to-day operations of a business or organization, such as customer data, financial records, or operational data. Intellectual property, on the other hand, encompasses proprietary and valuable assets like patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrighted materials that are unique to an organization. While intellectual property is undoubtedly critical to the organization, it is often categorized separately due to its specialized nature and the need for specific protection and handling. So, intellectual property is not generally considered a subcategory of critical data but rather a distinct data type.
upvoted 2 times
bzona
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Tough choice between B and C. Still not 100% sure. At first I was leaning towards (B) - Intellectual Property due to the fact that it is a Research and Development business, however after giving it a second thought, I believe the answer is (C) - Critical Data. Intellectual property is the critical data that the employees are working with in their day to day activities. Correct me if I am wrong. I would love to discuss this one, because I am not completely sure.
upvoted 1 times
32d799a
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions, literary and artistic works, designs, symbols, names, and images used in commerce. In an R&D context, this could encompass everything from new product designs to innovative software algorithms. Protecting intellectual property is vital to maintain a company's competitive advantage and to prevent unauthorized use or copying.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...