Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud Architect topic 1 question 34 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud Architect
Question #: 34
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud Architect Questions]

Your development team has installed a new Linux kernel module on the batch servers in Google Compute Engine (GCE) virtual machines (VMs) to speed up the nightly batch process. Two days after the installation, 50% of the batch servers failed the nightly batch run. You want to collect details on the failure to pass back to the development team.
Which three actions should you take? (Choose three.)

• A. Use Stackdriver Logging to search for the module log entries
  • B. Read the debug GCE Activity log using the API or Cloud Console
  • C. Use gcloud or Cloud Console to connect to the serial console and observe the logs
  • D. Identify whether a live migration event of the failed server occurred, using in the activity log
  • E. Adjust the Google Stackdriver timeline to match the failure time, and observe the batch server metrics
  • F. Export a debug VM into an image, and run the image on a local server where kernel log messages will be displayed on the native screen
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: ACE 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
rishab86
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
ACE A. Use Stackdriver Logging to search for the module log entries = Check logs C. Use gcloud or Cloud Console to connect to the serial console and observe the logs = Check grub messages, remember new kernel module was installed. E. Adjust the Google Stackdriver timeline to match the failure time, and observe the batch server metrics = Zoom into the time window when problem happened.
upvoted 43 times
Pokchok
2 years, 11 months ago
But the assumption you made is that stack driver was already installed on the vms. What if it was not there? Would there be any scope to install later and retrieve the logs?
upvoted 3 times
[Removed]
1 year, 4 months ago
But isn't it the same with B? it is talking about 'reading' the logs.
upvoted 1 times
AmitAr
1 year, 12 months ago
A, B, E C - doesn't look correct as it ends with "observe the logs" - question is on sharing the details to development team, not to look for cause
upvoted 1 times
haroldbenites
Highly Voted 2 years, 5 months ago
Go for A,B,E. C is when the VM is running , but in this case the sentence says “recollect”. It means that “error ever” already happened.
upvoted 10 times
pddddd
2 years, 4 months ago
and how will activity log help?
upvoted 1 times
Gino17m
Most Recent 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: ABE
I'm not sure but I vote for ABE
upvoted 1 times
ashishdwi007
3 months, 3 weeks ago
ACE makes sense. A and E dont have any doubts. Questions is that if it is B, C or F. Whats' use of serial console if team does not use it for logging especially kernal related updates. that makes sense to choose C.
upvoted 1 times
CloudDom
5 months, 4 weeks ago
Most automated way, with C, collecting from VMs involves a lot of manual efforts
upvoted 2 times
pablobairat
9 months, 2 weeks ago
ABE is correct
upvoted 2 times
Ozymandiax
1 year, 4 months ago
I'm really not sure here. A and E are just OK, and for me the final point is between B o C. many ppl is saying C, but, the question says that the VM's already failed and you're investigating what happened in the past. Anyway, there are 2 ways to interpret this, from my point of view: 1) The failure happened and it's going to happen again. In this case ACE would be maybe the best option BUt 2) The failure happened and you want to investigate this failure, which happened in the past. Therefore ABE would be the right one, as you are "splunking" in the logs of the past, not having a review of the logs as they happen. from my personal interpretation I'd go with ABE
upvoted 6 times
omermahgoub
1 year, 4 months ago
ACE To collect details on the failure of the batch servers in GCE VMs, you can take the following actions: A: Stackdriver Logging can help you identify any issues related to the new Linux kernel module by searching for log entries related to the module. C: Connecting to the serial console allows you to view the logs in real-time as the batch servers are running. This can help you identify any issues related to the new kernel module. E: By adjusting the timeline in Stackdriver to match the failure time, you can view the batch server metrics during the time when the failures occurred. This can help you identify any issues related to the new kernel module. Other options, such as reading the debug GCE Activity log using the API or Cloud Console, identifying whether a live migration event of the failed server occurred, or exporting a debug VM into an image and running the image on a local server, may not provide the necessary information to understand
upvoted 3 times
minmin2020
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: ACE
ACE by eliminating the incorrect answers
upvoted 2 times
holerina
1 year, 7 months ago
ADE seems correct
upvoted 1 times
PaulCatalin
1 year, 8 months ago
I vote for.
upvoted 1 times
ehgm
2 years, 4 months ago
This question is very poorly asked. There is no place saying if the live migration is enabled. If a VM is not set to live migrate, the VM is terminated during host system events. There is no place saying if you run into problems accessing your instance through SSH or need to troubleshoot an instance that is not fully booted, so you can enable interactive access to the serial console. C: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-using-serial-console D: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/live-migration
upvoted 3 times
vincy2202
2 years, 5 months ago
ACE are the correct choices
upvoted 2 times
duocnh
2 years, 5 months ago
vote ACE
upvoted 3 times
MaxNRG
2 years, 6 months ago
I would say that Q26 = ABE A - since it investigates logs of Linux kernel module installed recently. For that Log Agent should be installed on VMs and Linux syslog is streamed by default to Stackdriver Logging via agent. So, this answer is relevant to Q's context, it checks if new Linux kernel runs OK. B - investigates "app-level" issues on GCE, logs API called from this VM, system events, etc. C - review of Serial Log is useful only for HW/OS crashes, and only during short period of time (since only last 1MB of logs are stored there, if more logs needed then they are streamed to Stackdriver logging). So, this option doesn't fit 2 days period and also serves different failure types. D - live migration event is irrelevant to this Q (transferring hot/running context of one VM to another transparently, so original VM can be maintained – BIOS/HW updates). Even if that happens, then GCE activity logs in B should cover this. E - monitoring of metrics at the time of failure makes sense for troubleshooting. F - smth long and ridiculous.
upvoted 6 times
[Removed]
2 years, 7 months ago
If I'm reading "F" correctly, it is to export a VM and move it back to a "local" server which I'm reading as "on-prem", your laptop, or your local datacenter.(aka NOT GCP) So if I'm reading that correctly, that is a very ineffective idea. Keep it in GCP and use the powerful GCP tools. If somebody feels that I'm reading that wrong, I would love to see from a different POV. If you are reading that the same as me, then rule out F.
upvoted 1 times
ashish_t
2 years, 7 months ago
F is practically impossible.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 7 months ago
We can also rule out D, Live Migration Event. Unless it is called out, regular VMs can be live migrated without an notice of the guest os. So this should not be your focus. Rule out D. https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2015/03/Google-Compute-Engine-uses-Live-Migration-technology-to-service-infrastructure-without-application-downtime.html
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...