Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud Database Engineer topic 1 question 52 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud Database Engineer
Question #: 52
Topic #: 1
[All Professional Cloud Database Engineer Questions]

Your organization is running a low-latency reporting application on Microsoft SQL Server. In addition to the database engine, you are using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) in your on-premises environment. You want to migrate your Microsoft SQL Server database instances to Google Cloud. You need to ensure minimal disruption to the existing architecture during migration. What should you do?

• A. Migrate to Cloud SQL for SQL Server.
  • B. Migrate to Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL.
  • C. Migrate to Compute Engine.
  • D. Migrate to Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
dynamic_dba
Highly Voted 1 year, 2 months ago
C. Cloud SQL doesn’t support SSAS, SSRS or SSIS. Eliminate A. Migrating to a different database platform doesn’t make sense. Eliminate B. Minimal disruption to the existing architecture rules out GKE. Eliminate D. Leaves C. Migrate to a GCE VM.
upvoted 5 times
Pime13
Most Recent 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: C
Still C: https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/sqlserver/features even though SSRS and SSIS are available (running runs a separate host and connects to Cloud SQL) SSAS is not supported.
upvoted 1 times
theseawillclaim
7 months, 3 weeks ago
You'd need GCE, as Cloud SQL does not support SSAS, SRS and SSIS, as of September 26th, 2023. https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/sqlserver/features
upvoted 1 times
Pilot50
1 year, 1 month ago
I always wonder why the answers provided are wrong! so wrong and not even close to the reality! why examtopics.com are doing this?
upvoted 3 times
juliorevk
7 months, 2 weeks ago
They really should just get rid of the answers and just have the discussion unless they plan on making the answers or at least more accurate.
upvoted 2 times
ArtistS
5 months ago
If they provide the answer as well, you will never see the exam topic any more
upvoted 2 times
absero1609
1 year ago
I think they do this on purpose. They simply give a random answer on each question and let us fight in the comment section to find the truth answer. The good thing is that we have to work out ass to find the correct answer and we might learn something new along the way (or at least in my case) :D
upvoted 6 times
felipeschossler
1 year ago
I have to agree 100% witg absero1609 kkkkkkkkkkkkk, researching in the comments and reading the docs that actually let me learn fast for the exam.
upvoted 3 times
Nirca
1 year, 2 months ago
C. Migrate to Compute Engine is the minimal disruption method. customer will keep his SA logins and other system/dba/admin capabilities. and the SSAS SRS SSIS solutions will be migrated as well as "lift & shift" method.
upvoted 1 times
GCP72
1 year, 4 months ago
C is the correct answer https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/sqlserver/features#general_features_unavailable_for
upvoted 3 times
pk349
1 year, 4 months ago
The following features are unavailable in Cloud SQL and not supported by Google Cloud support. General features unavailable for Cloud SQL • SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) • SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) • SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
upvoted 2 times
pk349
1 year, 4 months ago
C: Migrate to Compute Engine
upvoted 1 times
chelbsik
1 year, 4 months ago
SSAS, SSRS, SSIS are unavailable for CloudSQL https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/sqlserver/features
upvoted 1 times
range9005
1 year, 4 months ago
I guess C Migrate to Compute Engine Because Cloud SQL doesn't support SSAS....
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...