Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam Professional Cloud Architect topic 5 question 4 discussion

Actual exam question from Google's Professional Cloud Architect
Question #: 4
Topic #: 5
[All Professional Cloud Architect Questions]

Mountkirk Games' gaming servers are not automatically scaling properly. Last month, they rolled out a new feature, which suddenly became very popular. A record number of users are trying to use the service, but many of them are getting 503 errors and very slow response times. What should they investigate first?

• A. Verify that the database is online
  • B. Verify that the project quota hasn't been exceeded
  • C. Verify that the new feature code did not introduce any performance bugs
  • D. Verify that the load-testing team is not running their tool against production
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
503 is service unavailable error. If the database was online everyone would get the 503 error.

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
sri007
Highly Voted 4 years, 4 months ago
Ans is B
upvoted 22 times
Ziegler
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
B is the correct answer Error code starting like 5xx is something related to server 503 UNAVAILABLE Service unavailable. Typically the server is down.
upvoted 11 times
AGG
3 years, 3 months ago
When server is down you will get timeout (503 - service unavailable - not server)
upvoted 2 times
666Amitava666
Most Recent 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Selected Answer: B
Its very common that the Gateway goes down and throws 503 if the load on the server is beyond limit. Performance Bug is a good option but it will take a lot of time. Its always better to start debugging from the "step-1"; checking the project quota will be faster, hence, I go with B
upvoted 2 times
rafalmajewski
3 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: C
In my opinion C
upvoted 1 times
dija123
1 month ago
I vote for C
upvoted 1 times
5091a99
2 months ago
B. "What should the team investigate first?" Quota limits are easy to check, and considering the scaling issues this could be the cause even though Google Typically responds with a 429 to 'over Quota' issues. Checking for bugs can be very time consuming, especially if the bugs are related to scale or are intermittent. Go with the first easy thing to check... B.
upvoted 2 times
Amrita2012
3 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Such symptoms occur when servers are overloaded which might have caused because of load testing. hence option D would be first thing I would do before I go into deep details of analyzing performance bug.
upvoted 2 times
ratsoft
3 months, 2 weeks ago
It cannot be A or B for Sure. If you exceeded a quota value with an HTTP/REST request, Google Cloud returns an HTTP 429 TOO MANY REQUESTS status code. Still not sure between C & D. Will prefer D. Any thoughts?
upvoted 2 times
Pime13
3 months, 2 weeks ago
for me it's C. 503 is service unavailable, for quota problem in GCP we get 429 (https://cloud.google.com/docs/quota/troubleshoot : If you exceeded a quota value with an HTTP/REST request, Google Cloud returns an HTTP 429 TOO MANY REQUESTS status code.) A. Verify that the database is online - if db is down it would be down for all users B. Verify that the project quota hasn't been exceeded Most Voted - quota error is 429 https://cloud.google.com/docs/quota/troubleshoot C. Verify that the new feature code did not introduce any performance bugs - performance issues would translate into latency issue and possible 503 D. Verify that the load-testing team is not running their tool against production -
upvoted 4 times
0verK0alafied
2 weeks, 2 days ago
Thanks for this explanation.
upvoted 1 times
e5019c6
4 months, 3 weeks ago
I think D is the correct one. A couldn't be because all players would get the error, not only a few. B I don't think it is because the Business objetives tell us that they want to scale globally. Setting a quota would limit their scalability to reduce costs, and the CFO didn't set any cost-reducing objectives. C is a good one to do, but would not be the first one. Searching the code for bugs is a task that would take long hours to complete, so I would do it only if the firsts and obvious checks didn't find anything. That leaves D as the first thing to check before going with C. Discarding A & B.
upvoted 3 times
ieboaix
2 months, 2 weeks ago
agree is D, quota error code are 4xx. https://cloud.google.com/docs/quotas/troubleshoot
upvoted 1 times
didek1986
3 months, 4 weeks ago
Lol😂 Three is always default quota SO B is correct
upvoted 1 times
don_v
4 months ago
Finally, the correct voice here. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/503 "503 Service Unavailable The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 503 Service Unavailable server error response code indicates that the server is not ready to handle the request. Common causes are a server that is down for maintenance or that is *overloaded*."
upvoted 1 times
MahAli
5 months ago
There has been new feature implemented last month, when the requests reached new level the infra didn't scale well anymore, I will first investigate that feature didn't cause performance issues or memory leaks.
upvoted 1 times
Roro_Brother
5 months ago
It is B. They key here is "...which suddenly became very popular." Which might have caused a quota limit issue all sudden.
upvoted 1 times
Prakzz
7 months, 2 weeks ago
I think it should be D. Load testing should not be done in Production and if it is getting dome there and actual high traffic comes from users then application will crash.
upvoted 3 times
PKookNN
8 months, 3 weeks ago
my focus is 'quickly investigated first' - quota is the easiest and quickest to check
upvoted 2 times
rusll
8 months, 3 weeks ago
For me its both B & C, but since quota verification is simpler and can be done quickly, they should start there. (keyword: "What should they investigate first?")
upvoted 2 times
red_panda
10 months, 3 weeks ago
For me is C. There is no reason to think about quota limit. Instead, is clearly that a new feature was released and from that there are errors.
upvoted 4 times
theBestStudent
5 months, 2 weeks ago
It is B. They key here is "...which suddenly became very popular." Which might have caused a quota limit issue all sudden.
upvoted 2 times
BiddlyBdoyng
11 months ago
A is the only one I think can be 100% ruled out as it says "..and very slow reasponse times", I think a DB down would just get a 5xx. B, C & D could all cause the problem being experienced. The only reason I can see B being the most correct is because it's easy to check and maybe more probable than D.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...