Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CBAP topic 2 question 1 discussion

Actual exam question from IIBA's CBAP
Question #: 1
Topic #: 2
[All CBAP Questions]

Which conduct stakeholder analysis technique identifies stakeholder roles that may serve as a useful starting point for identifying actors and roles?

• A. Interviews
  • B. Scenario and uses cases and user stories
  • C. Scope modeling
  • D. Requirements workshops
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Farooq_95
2 weeks, 4 days ago
Selected Answer: A
Interviews is correct. BABOK v3 3.2.6 defines Interviews in context of stakeholder analysis as used to interact with specific stakeholders to gain more information or knowledge about stakeholder groups. (e.g., to identify who is actor, what is the role, etc.)
upvoted 1 times
Rabbitsfoot
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
Scope modelling is specifically focused on defining the boundaries of control, change, solution, or need, and it involves identifying elements that are in-scope, out-of-scope, or both. This process inherently involves considering stakeholders and their roles within the defined scope, making it the most appropriate choice based on the description provided in BABOK v3 - 10.41.
upvoted 1 times
Rabbitsfoot
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Interviews will form part of scope modelling. I still feel C is the best answer.
upvoted 1 times
Rabbitsfoot
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Apologies... I've seen the light. It is D.
upvoted 1 times
SaintTC
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Ans B - Use cases and scenarios describe how a person or system interacts with the solution being modelled to achieve a goal.
upvoted 1 times
Gilism
7 months, 1 week ago
"D" - Workshop deal with "groups of stakeholders" while Interview deal with "specific stakeholders". You can't go specific at the starting point. Interviews: used to interact with specific stakeholders to gain more information or knowledge about stakeholder groups. Workshops: used to interact with groups of stakeholders to gain more information about stakeholder groups.
upvoted 1 times
fisholadonte
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
Correct-A: Used to interact with specific stakeholders to gain more information or knowledge about stakeholder groups. I believe the BA can meets with PM/Sponsor using interview to obtain information about the stakeholders
upvoted 3 times
OlivierPaudex
1 year, 6 months ago
Certainly not B. Use cases are used to identify a solution component that may be utilized by more than one solution. (BABOK 5.2.6) Interview, brainstorming and workshop are all techniques that will gain more information about stakeholders groups. Preference goes to D - Workshop
upvoted 1 times
Rabbitsfoot
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I had C but after some research - I agree with you - it is D. It seems to be the most appropriate option for identifying s/holder roles.
upvoted 1 times
Shreejith
1 year, 10 months ago
B is incorrect as it is part of Activity Flow: models represent a sequence of actions, events, or a course that may be taken. Techniques used to represent activity flows include Process Modelling, Use Cases and Scenarios, and User Stories. 7.1.4.1
upvoted 1 times
binu801
2 years, 9 months ago
Answer D- requirement workshop. BABOK page 36- workshop- used to interact with groups of stakeholders to gain more information about stakeholder groups.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 11 months ago
I don't think B is the right answer as it is not a technique. I am leaning towards A - interviews. Pg. 33 A company’s organizational chart and business processes can serve as an initial source for identifying internal stakeholders. The sponsor may also identify stakeholders. Stakeholders outside the organization may be identified and can be uncovered by understanding any existing contracts that may be in place, anticipated vendors that may have a role based on existing relationships with the organization, as well as regulatory and governing bodies that may influence the work. Shareholders, customers, and suppliers are also considered when searching for external stakeholders. Pg.35 - Interviews: used to interact with specific stakeholders to gain more information or knowledge about stakeholder groups.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...