Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PMP topic 1 question 1004 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 1004
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A transportation company is developing a new tool to improve their delivery process. As project development for sprint two began, the executive steering committee made a request to include a new capability to perform a what-if analysis in the tool based on the customer demand and forecast.

What should the project manager do next?

• A. Revise the project schedule and budget based on the additional scope, and review with the team.
  • B. Include the new capability to the product backlog and continue activities based on the current plan.
  • C. Perform an impact analysis on the schedule and budget based on the additional scope.
  • D. Analyze and negotiate with the executive steering committee regarding this new request.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
hoomz
2 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
It's agile but still need to consider impact so C is correct
upvoted 1 times
vrj021819
2 months, 4 weeks ago
c. impact analysis and then it should go to backlog through product manager
upvoted 1 times
KennyMuffins
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Option B suggests including the new capability without considering the potential impacts, which can lead to issues later in the project. Hence Option C, preforming an analysis would be a better option for me.
upvoted 1 times
SreeSu
2 weeks, 2 days ago
What "C" suggests is "impact analysis on the *schedule* & *budget* " Both of which are constant in an Agile approach ... only scope if variable. The new addition gets added to backlog and prioritized. At the end of the set time and budget, what ever is at the bottom of the backlog will get left-out. imho / as per my understanding
upvoted 1 times
YUCHAN2022
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
I also support Ans. B.
upvoted 2 times
iamlearner
4 months, 2 weeks ago
This is agile, for me B seems to be the correct ans
upvoted 3 times
a9b7514
3 months, 2 weeks ago
This is agile, ans B is correct
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...