Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional SAP-C02 topic 1 question 208 discussion

A software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider exposes APIs through an Application Load Balancer (ALB). The ALB connects to an Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) cluster that is deployed in the us-east-1 Region. The exposed APIs contain usage of a few non-standard REST methods: LINK, UNLINK, LOCK, and UNLOCK.

Users outside the United States are reporting long and inconsistent response times for these APIs. A solutions architect needs to resolve this problem with a solution that minimizes operational overhead.

Which solution meets these requirements?

• A. Add an Amazon CloudFront distribution. Configure the ALB as the origin.
  • B. Add an Amazon API Gateway edge-optimized API endpoint to expose the APIs. Configure the ALB as the target.
  • C. Add an accelerator in AWS Global Accelerator. Configure the ALB as the origin.
  • D. Deploy the APIs to two additional AWS Regions: eu-west-1 and ap-southeast-2. Add latency-based routing records in Amazon Route 53.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
andreitugui
Highly Voted 1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: C
AWS Global Accelerator is a service that improves the availability and performance of applications for global users. By adding an accelerator in AWS Global Accelerator and configuring the ALB as the origin, the traffic from users outside the United States will be routed through the Global Accelerator network, which uses the AWS global network infrastructure to optimize the delivery of the application traffic.
upvoted 6 times
nexus2020
1 year, 1 month ago
Yes you can, see - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/global-accelerator/latest/dg/introduction-how-it-works.html --> For standard accelerators, the endpoints are Network Load Balancers, Application Load Balancers, Amazon EC2 instances, or Elastic IP addresses.
upvoted 2 times
Helpnosense
Most Recent 1 month ago
Not B. Because Gateway Edge-Optimized API Endpoint improve the performance by caching API responses. But (un)link the call is not supported by API Gateway so the rest will be passed to ALB anyway. So unlikely API gateway will cache and no benefit for performance improvement.
upvoted 1 times
titi_r
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Answer: C AWS Global Accelerator is a service in which you create accelerators to improve the performance of your applications for local and global users. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/global-accelerator/latest/dg/what-is-global-accelerator.html When you create an ALB or NLB, you can optionally add an accelerator at the same time. Elastic Load Balancing and Global Accelerator work together to transparently add the accelerator for you. The accelerator is created in your account, with the load balancer as an endpoint. Using an accelerator provides static IP addresses and improves the availability and performance of your applications. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/global-accelerator/latest/dg/about-accelerators.alb-accelerator.html
upvoted 1 times
titi_r
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Ans “B” is wrong, because API Gateway does NOT support non-standard REST methods. The supported methods are DELETE, GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, PATCH, POST, PUT, and ANY (which can substitute any of the other 7). https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/api-gateway-method-settings-method-request.html#setup-method-add-http-method .
upvoted 2 times
dankositzke
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
A: No B: No, API Gateway doesn’t support LINK, UNLINK, LOCK, UNLOCK. C: No, GA doesn’t have the concept of “origin” - this is a CloudFront concept. D: Yes, because this addresses the main concern which is latency.
upvoted 2 times
ayadmawla
7 months, 2 weeks ago
imho answer is C. Here is my thinking: There are two issues that we need to consider: 1- Non US Users are reporting long and inconsistent response times for these APIs 2- The APIs are running in EKS and are exposed by the ALB (i.e., not the other way round) So the issue is about latency not API design.
upvoted 4 times
duriselvan
7 months, 2 weeks ago
b IS ANS Minimal operational overhead: API Gateway edge-optimized endpoints offer several advantages: Reduced latency: They leverage AWS's global network of edge locations, significantly reducing latency for users outside the United States. Scalability: They automatically scale to handle traffic spikes, eliminating the need for manual intervention. Security: They offer built-in security features, including access control and throttling, minimizing the need for additional configuration. Non-standard methods compatibility: API Gateway supports a wide range of HTTP methods, including custom methods like LINK, UNLINK, LOCK, and UNLOCK, ensuring compatibility with the existing APIs. Ease of configuration: Configuring API Gateway with ALB as the target is straightforward and requires minimal changes to the existing infrastructure.
upvoted 1 times
awsamar
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Amazon CloudFront primarily supports standard HTTP/HTTPS request methods like GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, HEAD, OPTIONS, and PATCH. It does not natively support non-standard methods such as LINK and UNLINK, LOCK...etc HOWEVER>>>>> If you need to use these non-standard methods, you have a couple of options: Custom Handling with Lambda@Edge API Gateway Integration: If you require more complex routing and method handling, integrating AWS API Gateway with CloudFront might be a more suitable solution. API Gateway provides robust support for various HTTP methods and can be set up to handle non-standard methods. Clearly its B
upvoted 2 times
career360guru
8 months ago
Option C, GA is safest option.
upvoted 1 times
severlight
8 months, 1 week ago
there is no proper use case for API gateway here
upvoted 2 times
joleneinthebackyard
8 months, 4 weeks ago
A is invalid because cloudFront only support standard Rest Methods B C D all technically feasible but let's consider "minimized operational overhead" requirement, it's must be C.
upvoted 2 times
chico2023
11 months, 1 week ago
Answer: B I don't understand why people are choosing GA. I would rather go with option D. From AWS documentation: Edge-optimized API endpoint The default hostname of an API Gateway API that is deployed to the specified Region while using a CloudFront distribution to facilitate client access typically from across AWS Regions. API requests are routed to the nearest CloudFront Point of Presence (POP), which typically improves connection time for geographically diverse clients. I couldn't find any document mentioning that Edge-optimized API endpoints won't support non-standard REST methods.
upvoted 1 times
chico2023
11 months, 1 week ago
I know we can't trust AI assistants, but take a look at my little chat with: === Labiba Yes, Amazon API Gateway Edge-optimized APIs can handle non-standard REST methods. Edge-optimized APIs are designed to provide low-latency access to your API by using the AWS CloudFront global network. You can set up API methods to handle any HTTP method, including non-standard ones, and configure them to work with your specific requirements and use cases. === Bard Yes, Amazon API Gateway edge-optimized APIs can handle non-standard REST methods. However, there are some limitations. The non-standard REST method must be supported by the integration that you use for the API method. For example, if you are using a Lambda integration, the Lambda function must be able to handle the non-standard REST method.
upvoted 1 times
chico2023
11 months, 1 week ago
Now, why would I use GA? I don't know you, but I would use in a situation where I have an application that connects to a database and I need to reduce the latency of my application for users by launching EC2 instances around the world. Note that I can't do that (not that easy, at least) with my RDS DB, so what I do? I use Global Accelerator to speed up communication between my instances in different countries to the database server in a single location, for example.
upvoted 1 times
vn_thanhtung
11 months, 1 week ago
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/api-gateway-api-endpoint-types.html#api-gateway-api-endpoint-types-edge-optimized:~:text=traffic%20originates%20from.-,Edge%2Doptimized%20API%20endpoints,-An%20edge%2Doptimized I think can help you, C is answer
upvoted 1 times
Arnaud92
11 months, 4 weeks ago
Cloudfront cannot handle non standard REST methods. There are Clod front involved behind API Gateway edge-optimized. So only C make sense here
upvoted 4 times
Just_Ninja
1 year ago
It only can B... Here is a AWS entry. https://repost.aws/knowledge-center/api-gateway-cloudfront-distribution
upvoted 2 times
NikkyDicky
1 year ago
B would be nice if edge-optimized was supported for HTTP APIs
upvoted 3 times
SandyIndia
1 year, 1 month ago
By adding an accelerator in AWS Global Accelerator and configuring the ALB as the origin, the traffic to the ALB will be routed through the global network, reducing latency and improving response times for users outside the United States. This solution minimizes operational overhead as AWS Global Accelerator handles the routing and optimization automatically, without requiring additional infrastructure deployment or configuration changes.
upvoted 3 times
Maria2023
1 year, 1 month ago
I was also supporting answer B, however just tested API Gateway and it seems that it only supports GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE, HEAD, and OPTIONS methods. I personally couldn't find a way to create a custom method which is part of the requirement. Please share if you find a way
upvoted 4 times
SmileyCloud
1 year, 1 month ago
It's B. That's the point of an edge-optimized API endpoint.
upvoted 3 times
SandyIndia
1 year, 1 month ago
Option B suggests adding an Amazon API Gateway edge-optimized API endpoint with the ALB as the target. While API Gateway can provide API management capabilities, it may not directly address the latency issue for non-standard REST methods.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...
ex Want to SAVE BIG on Certification Exam Prep?
close
ex Unlock All Exams with ExamTopics Pro 75% Off
  • arrow Choose From 1000+ Exams
  • arrow Access to 10 Exams per Month
  • arrow PDF Format Available
  • arrow Inline Discussions
  • arrow No Captcha/Robot Checks
Limited Time Offer
Ends in