Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional SAP-C02 topic 1 question 394 discussion

Accompany is deploying a new cluster for big data analytics on AWS. The cluster will run across many Linux Amazon EC2 instances that are spread across multiple Availability Zones.

All of the nodes in the cluster must have read and write access to common underlying file storage. The file storage must be highly available, must be resilient, must be compatible with the Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), and must accommodate high levels of throughput.

Which storage solution will meet these requirements?

• A. Provision an AWS Storage Gateway file gateway NFS file share that is attached to an Amazon S3 bucket. Mount the NFS file share on each EC2 instance in the cluster.
  • B. Provision a new Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) file system that uses General Purpose performance mode. Mount the EFS file system on each EC2 instance in the cluster.
  • C. Provision a new Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) volume that uses the io2 volume type. Attach the EBS volume to all of the EC2 instances in the cluster.
  • D. Provision a new Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) file system that uses Max I/O performance mode. Mount the EFS file system on each EC2 instance in the cluster.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
J0n102
Highly Voted 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
- General purpose performance mode (default) Ideal for latency-sensitive use cases. - Max I/O mode Can scale to higher levels of aggregate throughput and operations per second with a tradeoff of slightly higher latencies for file operations.
upvoted 13 times
titi_r
4 weeks, 1 day ago
It's "B", not "D". "For workloads that require high throughput and IOPS, use Regional file systems configured with the General Purpose performance mode and Elastic throughput. Note: To achieve the maximum 250,000 read IOPS for frequently accessed data, the file system must use Elastic throughput. Note: Elastic throughput is available only for file systems that use the General Purpose performance mode. Max I/O mode is not supported for One Zone file systems or file systems that use Elastic throughput." - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/efs/latest/ug/performance.html
upvoted 1 times
mifune
6 days, 21 hours ago
Yes, that's the reason the description is saying that the EC2 are spread in multiple AZs. It's option "D" the correct one
upvoted 1 times
pangchn
Highly Voted 1 month, 4 weeks ago
D In contrast, Max I/O file systems are suitable for workloads such as data analytics, media processing, and machine learning. These workloads need to perform parallel operations from hundreds or even thousands of containers and require the highest possible aggregate throughput and IOPS 2 keywords matching the question, Throughput and Data analytic https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/bestpracticesguide/storage-efs.html
upvoted 6 times
seetpt
Most Recent 2 weeks, 1 day ago
D for me
upvoted 1 times
titi_r
4 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: B
B - correct.
upvoted 1 times
CMMC
1 month, 3 weeks ago
for analytics workload
upvoted 2 times
yog927
2 months ago
D looks correct
upvoted 3 times
career360guru
2 months, 1 week ago
Option D because of High Throughput requirement
upvoted 3 times
liquen14
2 months, 1 week ago
from https://docs.aws.amazon.com/efs/latest/ug/performance.html#performancemodes: "Due to the higher per-operation latencies with Max I/O, we recommend using General Purpose performance mode for all file systems."
upvoted 2 times
cf9e355
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Performance ......'' In contrast, Max I/O file systems are suitable for workloads such as data analytics, media processing, and machine learning. "......... ref: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/bestpracticesguide/storage-efs.html
upvoted 3 times
marszalekm
2 months, 4 weeks ago
IOPS is something different than throughput
upvoted 1 times
Exams22
3 months, 3 weeks ago
IOPS is not throughput... General Purpose performance mode has a higher throughput
upvoted 2 times
tmlong18
4 months ago
"Max I/O performance mode has higher per-operation latencies than General Purpose performance mode. For faster performance, we recommend always using General Purpose performance mode" No performance requirement but high I/O in the question.
upvoted 2 times
career360guru
4 months, 1 week ago
Option D as Maximum Throughput is primary requirement here.
upvoted 3 times
Mosn
4 months, 1 week ago
B seems more appropriate.
upvoted 1 times
vibzr2023
4 months, 2 weeks ago
think Both B and D are correct.. But I'll go with B coz the hierarchy is general purpose then Max I/O.. - A. Storage Gateway: While providing NFS access to S3, it's not optimized for high throughput or real-time access like EFS, making it less suitable for big data analytics workloads. - C. EBS Volume: EBS volumes can only be attached to a single EC2 instance at a time, limiting their use for shared storage across multiple instances. - D. EFS Max I/O: While offering the highest throughput, it's more expensive than General Purpose mode and might not be necessary for all big data workloads.
upvoted 1 times
duriselvan
4 months, 2 weeks ago
D ans What latency, throughput, and IOPS performance can I expect for my Amazon EFS file system? The expected performance for your Amazon EFS file system depends on its specific configuration (for instance, storage class and thoroughput mode) and the specific file system operation type (read or write). Please see the File System Performance documentation for more information on expected latency , maximum throughput, and maximum IOPS performance for Amazon EFS file systems.
upvoted 1 times
NOZOMI
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/efs/latest/ug/performance.html#performancemodes Important Due to the higher per-operation latencies with Max I/O, we recommend using General Purpose performance mode for all file systems.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...