Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner topic 1 question 30 discussion

Exam question from Amazon's AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Question #: 30
Topic #: 1
[All AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Questions]

How does the AWS Cloud pricing model differ from the traditional on-premises storage pricing model?

• A. AWS resources do not incur costs
  • B. There are no infrastructure operating costs
  • C. There are no upfront cost commitments
  • D. There are no software licensing costs
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
41km
Highly Voted 1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: B
I believe B is correct, because in AWS you pay for stroage, compute, etc. You don't pay for infra ops directly. On the other hand you can make commitments with saving plans or reserved instances.
upvoted 51 times
SmartLearner
1 year, 4 months ago
Best answer is C.
upvoted 18 times
Blimpy
1 year, 4 months ago
Yes answer is C bcs the question is specific to Storage.. there are no upfront commitments (savings plan etc apply to ec2 instances only)
upvoted 15 times
Richard_S
1 year ago
It's a nasty question but I think this answer highlights the key word "storage" .. yes, you can get an EC2 reserved instance and pay it all upfront. But not for Storage. I think answer B is a distractor and attempting to infer it's about CAPEX.
upvoted 6 times
Manny_75
3 months, 1 week ago
But the free tier for storage is very limited. Does that even count? 12 MONTHS FREE, 5 GB in the S3 Standard storage class, 20,000 Get Requests, 2,000 Put, Copy, Post, or List Requests?
upvoted 1 times
Nucleric
1 year, 6 months ago
I think you are right
upvoted 1 times
amd112b
1 year, 4 months ago
I Agree
upvoted 2 times
oab720
Highly Voted 1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C. No upfront cost as you don't have to acquire hardware. I disagree with B being correct because you indirectly pay infra ops for the compute services you use albeit through AWS.
upvoted 40 times
Sausainis
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
It is definitely not B. There is no CapEx, but we still have OpEx, hopefully reduced.. So the best answer here is C, as depends on which plan you choose you might not have any upfront cost.
upvoted 2 times
har_new
1 month, 2 weeks ago
C. There are no upfront cost commitments The AWS Cloud pricing model differs from traditional on-premises storage pricing primarily in terms of upfront cost commitments. With traditional on-premises storage, organizations typically need to make significant upfront investments in hardware, software licenses, and infrastructure operating costs. In contrast, AWS Cloud pricing is based on a pay-as-you-go model, where customers only pay for the resources they consume on an hourly or usage-based basis, without any upfront commitments. This allows for greater flexibility and cost efficiency, as customers can scale resources up or down based on their needs without incurring long-term financial commitments. While AWS resources do incur costs, there are no upfront cost commitments, and customers only pay for what they use.
upvoted 2 times
audience_member
1 month, 2 weeks ago
At best, B is up to interpretation since operating costs are still being paid by the user based on computing, memory, storage, etc. C is a concrete situation. If you're On-Premise with your operations, you're literally paying for all the hardware and licensing that comes with it. With AWS, the typical method for small businesses and individuals is On-Demand, which means you're paying as you go at the end of each monthly cycle. If you're purchasing RI, you can do partial payments for a year (or more), pay at the end of the year, or even if you decide to pay it all upfront to get a bit of a discount, you're paying for a year's worth instead of buying an entire infrastructure for your business. This isn't exclusive to AWS. Same applies for GCP and other cloud providers.
upvoted 1 times
yidnekachew
1 month, 4 weeks ago
the correct answer is B
upvoted 1 times
ManikRoy
2 months, 1 week ago
Pay as you go model. Upfront commitments may result in savings but are not mandatory.
upvoted 2 times
RangilaThakur
2 months, 3 weeks ago
For storage specifically for this question, you have to pay for the data you store but at no upfront cost.
upvoted 1 times
techandra
4 months, 2 weeks ago
No upfront cost = no capex
upvoted 2 times
Y4SSln
5 months, 2 weeks ago
C is the answer.
upvoted 2 times
med_dernoun
5 months, 2 weeks ago
I believe it's B, since for exsample the reserved instance you can make an upfront payment.
upvoted 2 times
RangilaThakur
2 months, 3 weeks ago
It is an option if you want to pay upfront for a reversed instance to lower your total cost, you can decide to go with no upfront for reserved instance.
upvoted 1 times
Oripresa
6 months ago
desaparecen los costes iniciales, no compras nada, antes de usarlo. la b siempre tendras.
upvoted 1 times
domalice
6 months, 2 weeks ago
I'm choosing option C, and I'll explain why. The question is about pricing, especially in the context of on-premises solutions. Therefore, the answer that best describes this situation is C - No upfront cost commitments. With cloud computing, you don't need to invest in a data center to start enjoying the benefits of a cloud environment. You only pay for the resources you use, exactly what you need, and nothing more or less.
upvoted 1 times
blopa
7 months ago
No upfront cost = no capex
upvoted 1 times
vijay_300694
7 months, 1 week ago
Both B & C are correct options but Option B feels the right answer for me. Because you need to manage hard disk, etc. when you need to store data on premises but you don't need to manage the infra over cloud.
upvoted 1 times
Pranava_GCP
7 months, 3 weeks ago
C. There are no upfront cost commitments
upvoted 3 times
Gulsah
8 months, 2 weeks ago
https://aws.amazon.com/pricing/?aws-products-pricing AWS offers you a pay-as-you-go approach for pricing for the vast majority of our cloud services. With AWS you pay only for the individual services you need, for as long as you use them, and without requiring long-term contracts or complex licensing.
upvoted 1 times
Gulsah
8 months, 1 week ago
AWS Cloud pricing model for `storage`
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...