ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.
Location Chicago IL, USA

Exam 200-301 topic 1 question 25 discussion

Actual exam question from Cisco's 200-301
Question #: 25
Topic #: 1
[All 200-301 Questions]

Several new coverage cells are required to improve the Wi-Fi network of an organization. Which two standard designs are recommended? (Choose two.)

• A. 5GHz provides increased network capacity with up to 23 nonoverlapping channels.
  • B. 5GHz channel selection requires an autonomous access point.
  • C. Cells that overlap one another are configured to use nonoverlapping channels.
  • D. Adjacent cells with overlapping channels use a repeater access point.
  • E. For maximum throughput, the WLC is configured to dynamically set adjacent access points to the channel.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Suggested Answer: CE

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Raymond9
Highly Voted 1 year ago
If I have understood correctly, C and E have somehow the same meaning: avoid signal overlapping, since E separate the channel to avoid using the same channel and having signal collision. See "Dynamic Channel Assignment" in https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/radio_resource_management.html A and B are kind of tricky to mention 5GHz, which must have non-overlapping channels, and actually accomplish what C/E have done, but they're saying incorrect stuff. For A: 2.4GHz has 11 Channels, 5GHZ has 45 Channels For B: There are two types of APs: autonomous AP/controllerless AP/"Fat AP" and lightweight AP/AP with Controller. Ref:https://stormwindstudios.com/wireless-access-points/ And lightweight AP can be applied to 2.4GHz and 5Hz (there's command for both in cisco lightweight AP, just google it.... For D: I think the repeater cannot solve the problem of "overlapping channels" since it just re-transmit or "repeat" the signal, aka the overlapping channels will still be overlapping!
upvoted 10 times
chr
Highly Voted 7 months, 1 week ago
The correct answer is A and C. https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Channel_Planning_Best_Practices#:~:text=APs%20should%20be%20deployed%20with%20overlapping%20coverage%20cells.,because%20this%20can%20lead%20to%20increased%20channel%20utilization.
upvoted 5 times
SScott
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Yes an informative article and supporting A
upvoted 1 times
naise
4 months, 4 weeks ago
is it sure the AC are the correct ones?
upvoted 1 times
Dmitry_S
Most Recent 1 week, 3 days ago
A right https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CB-Wireless-Mesh/2069-tz-Changing-RF-Channels.html#ghz-channel-basics-1 For the 5 GHz radio, up to 23 non-overlapping channels are offered.
upvoted 1 times
IxlJustinlxl
6 months, 2 weeks ago
In the 5 GHz band, no 20 MHz channels partially overlap. In addition to this, there are 24 non-overlapping channels (Cant be A) You can have 5 GHz on lightweight access points as well as autonomous ones (Cant be B) Access points and repeaters are two different things. One provides the wi-fi signal, the other extends it (Cant be D) ANSWER = CE
upvoted 1 times
1234Rob5678
8 months, 2 weeks ago
A. 5GHz provides increased network capacity with up to 23 nonoverlapping channels. (A.) is a trick answer, 5G has 25 nonoverlapping 20MHz channels, not "up to 23 nonoverlapping channels." making (A.) a wrong answer.
upvoted 3 times
dave1992
2 weeks, 2 days ago
fantastic way to really see whos paying attention to petty facts in a vast sea of information. LOL not a knock at you but whoever designed this question
upvoted 1 times
nenotronix
9 months ago
Guys .... it's A & C .... these are the correct answers. option [A] utilizing 5 GHz spectrum makes option [C] possible and applicable. hope I could deliver the message.
upvoted 2 times
martco
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer: either its ACE (if pick 3) or AC (if pick 2) I suspect this is a badly worded question C- definitely but A or E? read the Cisco paper below A - up to 23 non overlapping channels on 5GHz is true (in cisco world, per IEEE it's 24) E - a WLC is a clever device that can definitely dynamically decide what channels and RF levels are used on AP's slaved to it who are reporting back evidence of co-channel interferences (Auto-RF feature) but is that a broad "design" matter? a WLC is a product. you can also achieve the same optimization without a WLC https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob41dg/emob41dg-wrapper/ch3_WLAN.pdf
upvoted 2 times
DSwizzle
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Raymond, Thank you for your research. After reading your comment, A. is still suspect of being the right answer instead of E. A. doesn't say 5GHz has 45 channels but 23 "nonoverlapping" channels. Which still may be true. Answer E in agreement with "Kimi7" does not make sense on this version. There is no "the channel". I've seen other test say "the same channel". assuming other tests are more correct than this one. If the WLC was putting adjacent APs on the same channel, wouldn't the channels overlap and cause signal interference. I don't like this question. I'm going to do more research myself.
upvoted 2 times
Crazey
1 year, 1 month ago
Repeating question
upvoted 1 times
kimi7
1 year, 2 months ago
E. For maximum throughput, the WLC is configured to dynamically set adjacent access points to the channel. ?
upvoted 3 times
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...