Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 350-801 topic 1 question 40 discussion

Actual exam question from Cisco's 350-801
Question #: 40
Topic #: 1
[All 350-801 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit. A Cisco UCM user with directory number 4401 dials 5507, and the call is routed to a Cisco Unified Border Element. Which IP address will the call be sent to?

• A. 10.0.0.2
  • B. 10.0.0.3
  • C. 10.0.0.4
  • D. 10.0.0.1
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Nicetomeetyou
Highly Voted 2 years, 9 months ago
Actually the correct answer is A, voice class dpg Completely ignores destination-pattern configured in the dial-peer section and follows preference. To be sure I build this setup in my lab which confirms my statement.
upvoted 17 times
WilliamC
2 years, 8 months ago
"The destination-pattern command is required on the outbound dial peer even though matching is not done based on this command." https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/dialpeer/configuration/xe-3s/vd-xe-3s-book/multiple-outBound-dial-peer.html
upvoted 2 times
MKZ
2 years, 8 months ago
Allows grouping of outbound dial-peers based on an incoming dial-peer, reducing existing outbound dial-peer provisioning requirements • Eliminates the need to configure extra outbound dial-peers that are sometimes needed as workarounds to achieve desired call routing outcome • Multiple outbound dial-peers are saved under a new “voice class dpg <tag>”. The new “destination dpg <tag>” command line of an inbound voip dial-peer can be used to reference the new dpg (dial-peer group) • Once an incoming voip call is handled by an inbound voip dial-peer with an active dpg, dial-peers of a dpg will then be used as outbound dial-peers for an incoming call • The order of outgoing call setups will be the sorted list of dial-peers from a dpg, i.e, the destination-patterns of the outgoing dial-peers is not relevant for selection
upvoted 1 times
MKZ
Highly Voted 2 years, 9 months ago
incoming call first hit dial-peer 1001 -> voice class DGP 2000 > Preference 2 I think 10.0.0.3.
upvoted 7 times
ciscogeek
1 year, 11 months ago
why not preference 1
upvoted 2 times
Mert_kerna
1 year, 2 months ago
Preference 1 doesn't match the dialed pattern. If you dial 5007, it doesn't match the pattern, 5006, respectively
upvoted 2 times
Mert_kerna
1 year, 2 months ago
HOWEVER, it is preference 1, because the destination pattern command is NOT evaluated when selecting an outbound dial-peer defined by a DPG.
upvoted 2 times
JWMcInSC
9 months, 3 weeks ago
the destination is 5506 not the dialed number of 5507
upvoted 1 times
JWMcInSC
Most Recent 9 months, 3 weeks ago
Option A at 5006 is not even the number dialed. The number dialed is 5007
upvoted 1 times
FG23
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
A is the answer
upvoted 1 times
Mbover
1 year, 1 month ago
Correct answer is A "Once an inbound dial-peer with a dial-peer group configured is matched the call uses the dial-peer defined in the dial-peer group even if the destination-pattern doesn't match" https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html#anc23
upvoted 4 times
WeNt48
1 year ago
One of the most tricky questions in whole set. This part you entered is most important. destination-pattern in dpg is mandatory and without it wouldn't treat dial-peer as valid destination. Although it doesn't match pattern it will select first preference from the list. Thus answer will be A. It would be enough if they would change preference 1 with dial-peer not having destination-pattern and the answer will be completely different.
upvoted 1 times
NNickyy
1 year, 2 months ago
A, voice class dpg Completely ignores destination-pattern configured in the dial-peer section and follows preference.
upvoted 1 times
Panda_man
1 year, 2 months ago
correct but than it's B - first finding match , not A - A is clear match that is 5006 which is not correct
upvoted 1 times
da0011
2 years, 2 months ago
The example in this document is similar to the test question. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html#anc23
upvoted 3 times
vvpark13
2 years, 4 months ago
Here is another reference. The example in this document is similar to the test question. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html#anc23
upvoted 3 times
Komy
2 years, 9 months ago
10.0.0.3 is correct Snippet from Cisco: "Once an incoming call is matched by an inbound dial peer with an active destination dial-peer group, dial peers from this group are used to route the incoming call. No other outbound dial-peer provisioning to select outbound dial peers is used. A preference can be defined for each dial peer in a dial-peer group"
upvoted 4 times
MKZ
2 years, 9 months ago
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/dialpeer/configuration/15-mt/vd-15-mt-book/vd-dp-feat-cfg.html
upvoted 2 times
landrey
2 years, 9 months ago
I think the right answer is "10.0.0.3" according dial-peer preference list under voice class dpg 2000. Even the closest match is another different dial-peer but as this is a preference list, it will stop looking until a match is found.
upvoted 3 times
davidanibalmarcelino
2 years, 9 months ago
if it was not for the voice class dpg 2000 it would be 10.0.0.4. I tested on my lab gateway and you are right, 10.0.0.3 is preferred.
upvoted 5 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...