Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 1Y0-403 topic 1 question 57 discussion

Actual exam question from Citrix's 1Y0-403
Question #: 57
Topic #: 1
[All 1Y0-403 Questions]

Scenario: A Citrix Architect is designing a new Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment. The architect has identified the Resource Layer requirements shown in the exhibit.
Click the Exhibit button to view the requirements.

Which feature of Citrix Profile Management could help the architect address the Graphic Designers Group requirements while minimizing login time?

• A. Profile streaming
  • B. Active write back
  • C. Folder redirection
  • D. File exclusions
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️
Reference:
https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2012/02/11/citrix-profile-management-and-vdi-doing-it-right/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Waggawagga
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Guys you are misreading the question - which feature of Citrix Profile Management... It’s profile streaming Folder redirection is GPO :)
upvoted 8 times
villambre
2 years, 10 months ago
But you can use folder redirection in citrix studio policies or in GPO: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > Citrix > Profile Management > Folder Redirection: I think its C
upvoted 2 times
kepler
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
the keyword here is "minimizing login time". By redirecting Appdata, this is definitely the solution. No matter how large AppData grows, it will not be affecting login time, as it is redirected.
upvoted 5 times
CitrixNick
3 years, 3 months ago
That makes the right answer = Folder Redirection.
upvoted 2 times
maurizio_n91
2 years, 10 months ago
you're wrong, it is the opposite
upvoted 2 times
JenBe
Most Recent 7 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
Question is "Which feature of Citrix Profile Management"......"minimizing login time?". Folder redirection is a Microsoft solution. Official page reads: Folder redirection is a feature of Microsoft Windows and can be used with Profile Management. So I go with Profile Streaming!
upvoted 2 times
Jonny6233
1 year, 3 months ago
A and C will reduce login time, but I guess, Citrix would like to hear their own solution and this is Profile Streaming. I tend to choose A...
upvoted 1 times
Dave202
1 year, 8 months ago
From the student manual: With user profile streaming...reducing profile load time to almost zero.
upvoted 2 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: C
FR is a solution, this solution do not any streaming.It is just links on file resources and volume of this file resources have no limits.
upvoted 3 times
jdstroy
2 years, 3 months ago
This note is from the original courseware: "Folder redirection is almost the same consideration as active write back, it is a great feature, but if an application is relying heavily on putting temporary data in a redirected appdata folder, you might see poor performance in the application and even in the general user experience and logon performance"... Active Write Back won't help and exclusions is no solution. A should be right!
upvoted 3 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 2 months ago
and how Profile streaming would help to put user data [assume average designer have tens of Gb of files in their local projects] into profile location ? )
upvoted 1 times
CurryMuncher
3 years, 3 months ago
I agree its c. https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/profile-management/current-release/profile-management-best-practices.html Look for "Note" in the purple box!
upvoted 2 times
od34
3 years ago
It's A. Because, as following the link you shared "Do not redirect the desktop folder if it is too large. Otherwise, a black screen might occur on when a user logs on." Check the Graphic Designers' table "The application reads and writes a high volume of data to and from the AppData folder." So, the solution is Profile Streaming, redirection increases logon times.
upvoted 5 times
CitrixNick
3 years, 3 months ago
Would Active Write Back not be the right answer
upvoted 1 times
buster1294
3 years, 5 months ago
I agree with you Bobo11, I think C is correct. If there is a large amount of data being written to AppData, redirecting it as opposed to copying it will achieve the desired outcome in the best way.
upvoted 3 times
Bobo11
3 years, 5 months ago
I am confused; yes by default Profile Streaming will speed up login time. But Folder redirection (Redirect AppData) will also speed up login (when application is written correctly) because this big amount of data does not need to be transferred over the network. Help me out.....!
upvoted 3 times
d0bermannn
2 years, 3 months ago
your confusing may to have very positive point: FR is a solution
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...