Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CKA topic 1 question 3 discussion

Actual exam question from CNCF's CKA
Question #: 3
Topic #: 1
[All CKA Questions]

SIMULATION -

Task -
Given an existing Kubernetes cluster running version 1.22.1, upgrade all of the Kubernetes control plane and node components on the master node only to version 1.22.2.
Be sure to drain the master node before upgrading it and uncordon it after the upgrade.

You are also expected to upgrade kubelet and kubectl on the master node.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mrallrounder123453656
Highly Voted 11 months, 1 week ago
same question i got in the exam
upvoted 8 times
AWS_cert2023
Highly Voted 4 months, 1 week ago
--etcd-upgrade Perform the upgrade of etcd. (default true) The default etcd upgrade is true, so disable it with sudo kubeadm upgrade apply v1.** --etcd-upgrade=false
upvoted 6 times
Ayxanus0610
Most Recent 2 months, 1 week ago
$ kubectl config use-config eks8 $ kubectl cordon ek8s-node-1 $ kubectl drain ek8s-node-1 --delete-local-data --ignore-daemonsets --force This is much more understandable solution for me
upvoted 1 times
real111
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Would those steps be right? 1. k cordon nodename; 2. k drain --ignore-daemonsets nodename; 3. ssh into node; 4. swapoff -a; 5. then find swap line in /etc/fstab and comment it out; 6. run apt-mark unhold kubeadm kubelet kubectl && \ apt-get update && apt-get install -y kubeadm=1.2xx-00 kubelet=1.2x.x-00 kubectl=1.2x.x-00&& \ apt-mark hold kubeadm kubelet kubectl 7. sudo systemctl daemon-reload 8. sudo systemctl restart kubelet 9. exit ssh 10.k uncordon node
upvoted 3 times
mrallrounder123453656
11 months, 1 week ago
we need to set --etcd-upgrade=false, question says so not upgrade the etcd
upvoted 4 times
Issaitani
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Looking at the upgade logs i can see that etcd is still the same version, but i think you have a point because the --etcd-upgrade flag is set to true by default
upvoted 1 times
Alencar_07
4 months, 3 weeks ago
I didn't understand the issue that way. It says to update all components and etcd is one of them. "Update all Kubernetes node and control plane components on the master node to version 1.22.2 only."
upvoted 1 times
TONNI2001
1 year ago
not exactly like in the exam. but it helps. do not relay on dumps only. i recommend to study with kodekloud and the corresponding udemy course.
upvoted 4 times
gtsvetko
1 year, 1 month ago
I has this question on the exam, you can follow the steps below to complete it, just ensure that you are ssh-ing from the right node: https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/administer-cluster/kubeadm/kubeadm-upgrade/#upgrading-control-plane-nodes
upvoted 4 times
phidelics
1 year, 1 month ago
are this questions exactly thesame in exams?
upvoted 6 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...