Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CKA topic 1 question 17 discussion

Actual exam question from CNCF's CKA
Question #: 17
Topic #: 1
[All CKA Questions]

SIMULATION -

Task -
Create a new nginx Ingress resource as follows:
✑ Name: pong
✑ Namespace: ing-internal
✑ Exposing service hello on path /hello using service port 5678

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
karsstars
Highly Voted 1 year, 4 months ago
why there is only 17 Qs and not 20?
upvoted 11 times
dhereish
11 months ago
I think the exam has only 17 questions
upvoted 1 times
dirkdirkdirk
Highly Voted 1 year, 2 months ago
k create ing pong -n ing-internal --rule="/hello=hello:5678"
upvoted 10 times
LilyNaMeli
1 year ago
I think should be: k create ing pong -n ing-internal --rule="/hello/*=hello:5678" for pathType: Prefix , otherwise you got pathType: Exact
upvoted 11 times
kubebaba
Most Recent 2 months, 1 week ago
I had the same questions But I did curl I didnt get any response, and after I changed port to 80, I got the correct response
upvoted 1 times
yeshu007
1 month, 2 weeks ago
can i know for what ip you did curl?
upvoted 1 times
fc146fc
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Create a ing-internal.yaml file apiVersion: networking.k8s.io/v1 kind: Ingress metadata: name: ping namespace: ing-internal annotations: nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/rewrite-target: / spec: rules: - http: paths: - path: /hi pathType: Prefix backend: service: name: hi port: number: 5678 kubectl create -f ing-internal.yaml
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
7 months ago
If you search for Ingress in kubernetes.io.docs you'll find almost the exact answer in the kb for the Ingress resource type.
upvoted 2 times
Shenannigan
8 months, 1 week ago
I have seen several commands listed here but it states it is for nginx so you need to add the nginx annotation like so: k create ing pong -n ing-internal --rule="/hello=hello:5678" --annotation="nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/rewrite-target=/" Also the debate of pathType: I think the pathType should be exact because the path given is /hello and not /hello* If you disagree and feel that pathType should be Prefix then your command would look like this: k create ing pong -n ing-internal --rule="/hello*=hello:5678" --annotation="nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/rewrite-target=/"
upvoted 5 times
yeshu007
1 month, 2 weeks ago
for checking what did you do , can you explain the test
upvoted 1 times
iiiaz
9 months ago
From other forums I can see some people struggled with this question though it seems very simple. The first thing I would check is to search for the existence of a ingress-controller pod and ingress-controller service. The ingress-controller is mandatory for a ingress to work. I wonder what is the catch with this (easy) question?
upvoted 2 times
real111
9 months, 1 week ago
Do we need Prefix here? it says path /hello not /hello* ? eny ideas?
upvoted 2 times
iiiaz
9 months, 3 weeks ago
How to troubleshoot in case kubectl get ing does not show the ADDRESS? Like in this example: NAME CLASS HOSTS ADDRESS PORTS AGE test-ingress external-lb * 203.0.113.123 80 59s How the Ingress IngressClass is added? Is it needed to add IngressClass? The question does not mention IngressClass name. https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/ingress/#default-ingress-class
upvoted 1 times
Nurbol
9 months, 4 weeks ago
kind: Ingress metadata: name: pong namespace: ing-internal annotations: nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/rewrite-target: / spec: rules: - http: paths: - path: /hello pathType: Prefix backend: service: name: hello port: number: 5678
upvoted 5 times
Pratham123
9 months, 3 weeks ago
hey just for confirmation, this same question comes in exam?
upvoted 2 times
kopper2019
12 months ago
apiVersion: networking.k8s.io/v1 kind: Ingress metadata: name: pong namespace: ing-internal annotations: nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/rewrite-target: / spec: ingressClassName: nginx rules: - http: paths: - path: /hello pathType: Prefix backend: service: name: test port: number: 5678
upvoted 5 times
Nicky88
1 year, 1 month ago
is it necessary to create any service here? what type is the hello service?
upvoted 3 times
Nicky88
1 year, 1 month ago
is it necessary to create any service here? what type is the hello service?
upvoted 1 times
TradeLabelSoftware
1 year, 2 months ago
How can be check the availability of service wit another commands.
upvoted 1 times
mellohello
10 months, 3 weeks ago
k get ingress -n ing-internal or k describe ingress -n ing-internal
upvoted 1 times
BarcodeMaker
1 year, 2 months ago
Can we change the service port 5678.
upvoted 1 times
TemitopeWalker
1 year, 5 months ago
Sorry cluster-ip of service
upvoted 1 times
TemitopeWalker
1 year, 5 months ago
InternalIP of the node
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...