Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 849 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 849
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

Which of the following best describes a penetration test that resembles an actual external attack?

• A. Known environment
  • B. Partially known environment
  • C. Bug bounty
  • D. Unknown environment
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
wolekraft
Highly Voted 3 months, 1 week ago
If you have made it this far to discussion 849, I want to congratulate you because you must have been loaded with so much confusion and confidence, I just passed my exam now. go back from question 600 and refresh it. 90% answers are here right within you nose. GOOD LUCK my kudos to this pathway.
upvoted 29 times
StaticK9
3 months ago
First off, thank you for the input. Now my question is, do you mean review questions 1-600 or work the way from 600 to 849? I hope you read this and reply.
upvoted 5 times
TM78
Highly Voted 2 months, 1 week ago
I passed my exam today! 833/900! The questions and PBQs are reliable. All my PBQs were from here and I had only 2 multiple choices that were not from here. I studied all 849 multiple times through. 600-849 was the most helpful. And, like many say, study and learn the concepts. My study consisted of a 2-week bootcamp, books, Prof Messer videos, and Jason Dion’s online course. But, Examtopics was the most helpful. Good luck to you! You can do it!
upvoted 10 times
ID77
Most Recent 1 week, 6 days ago
Hello everyone. Just wanted to share my experience about the exam I had yesterday. I did it in a test center, had 74 questions, 4 PBQs (the data classification, the infected server, the firewalls and the attacks), the rest of the questions except of 2 were from 600-850, word by word. The two questions that were not from the dump were not difficult at all. Seriously, not sure if I got lucky, but I got the most easiest questions. I brut forced all ports and all acronyms, but I didn't get a single port number one on the test. I expected more harder questions to be honest. For study I used Dion Training and the book from D. Gibson, and I went trough all 850 questions 3 times. It was worth it. I would like to thank AppelbeeWater and everyone who took the time to provide answers and explain the concepts, and of course examtopics for the excellent practice questions. Good luck everyone! The test isn't harder as you think, if you know your material.
upvoted 2 times
Sotyg
2 months ago
Going in to write my exam in 3 hours.
upvoted 1 times
subaie503
2 months, 1 week ago
Hey guys i got an 816 and 100% of the test came from this bank, most of them from 650-850, but a decent amount from 1-650
upvoted 4 times
3 months ago
D. Blackbox (or unknown environment)- the consultant is given no privileged information about the network and its security systems. This type of test would require the tester to perform a reconnaissance phase. Black box tests are useful for simulating the behavior of an external threat.
upvoted 2 times
johnabayot
3 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: D
D. Unknown environment. This type of test, also known as black-box testing or external penetration testing, simulates an attack from outside of your organization, without any prior information or credential.
upvoted 2 times
DrCo6991
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Unknown environment is when the pen tester is given no information about the environment they're assigned to test in efforts to simulate a real external attack from a malicious actor.
upvoted 2 times
osaz2023
3 months, 2 weeks ago
I pass my exam today and this site really help me passing my exam.
upvoted 4 times
Jared77
3 months, 1 week ago
Did you study only with this website dump without any knowledge??
upvoted 1 times
johnabayot
3 months, 2 weeks ago
Unknown environment
upvoted 2 times
Hs1208
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Unknown environment (Option D): In an unknown environment penetration test, the tester is provided with minimal information about the target, simulating conditions that resemble an actual external attack. This type of test is designed to assess how well the organization's defenses can withstand real-world scenarios.
upvoted 1 times
LuckyAro
3 months, 3 weeks ago
AI thinks it's Unknown environment, disclaims Bug Bounty as penetration testing .......... I disagree
upvoted 2 times
LuckyAro
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
Bug Bounty simulates an actual attack
upvoted 2 times
licks0re
3 months, 2 weeks ago
There is no mention of compensation...
upvoted 5 times
StaticK9
3 months ago
Bug bounty program offers monetary rewards to ethical hackers for successfully discovering and reporting a vulnerability or bug to the application's developer.
upvoted 1 times
memodrums
2 months, 2 weeks ago
this is not a pen test. Its just a program for attackers to exploit a vuln to company. D is a type of pen test.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...