Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CS0-001 topic 1 question 399 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's CS0-001
Question #: 399
Topic #: 1
[All CS0-001 Questions]

A malicious hacker wants to gather guest credentials on a hotel 802.11 network. Which of the following tools is the malicious hacker going to use to gain access to information found on the hotel network?

• A. Nikto
  • B. Aircrak-ng
  • C. Nessus
  • D. tcpdump
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
TT
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
I think the answer should be B: Aircrack-ng. It's made specifically for wifi networks. I havent been able to find anything that says Nikto does this. Just that is scans ports on web servers and verify server versions. Cant find are reason it would be A. https://www.aircrack-ng.org/
upvoted 8 times
Blind_Hatred
3 years, 9 months ago
Agreed.
upvoted 1 times
XAmbivert
3 years, 8 months ago
That's right. It literally says on https://www.aircrack-ng.org/ that "It focuses on different areas of WiFi security: Monitoring: Packet capture and export of data to text files for further processing by third party tools Attacking: Replay attacks, deauthentication, fake access points and others via packet injection Testing: Checking WiFi cards and driver capabilities (capture and injection) Cracking: WEP and WPA PSK (WPA 1 and 2)"
upvoted 2 times
lupinart
Highly Voted 3 years, 11 months ago
I feel aircrack ng would be more appropriate in this case
upvoted 7 times
somsom
Most Recent 3 years, 1 month ago
Nikto is right
upvoted 1 times
Roamsie89
3 years, 5 months ago
The Aircrack-ng suite of utilities (aircrack-ng.org) is one of the early tools designed for wireless network security testing. Aircrack-ng is made up of a number of command-line tools. The principal tools in the suite are as follows: airmon-ng—Enable and disable monitor mode. airodump-ng—Capture 802.11 frames. Use this output to identify the MAC address of the access point (its Basic Service Set ID) and the MAC address of a victim client device. aireplay-ng—Inject frames to perform an attack to obtain the authentication credentials for an access point. This is usually performed using a deauthentication attack. Forcing the victim station to reauthenticate generates the required traffic. A deauthentication attack can also be used for DoS.
upvoted 1 times
ourking
3 years, 6 months ago
WiFi Specific Aircrack-ng Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. It implements the standard FMS attack along with some optimizations like KoreK attacks, as well as the all-new PTW attack, thus making the attack much faster compared to other WEP cracking tools. In fact, Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks
upvoted 1 times
ITeaGuy
3 years, 6 months ago
Did anyone stop to think that the first part of the question is a red herring? He wants to gain access to information found on the Hotel Network... Does the Hotel have a web site? Nikto is a tool used to test web-specific vulnerabilities... SQL inj, XSS, cross script... mcvbm got it but it flew over the rest of your heads...
upvoted 1 times
stone21
3 years, 7 months ago
Aircrack for sure, option B.
upvoted 3 times
B1llGat3s
3 years, 8 months ago
tcpdump sounds too difficult. See here https://networkengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/19802/tcpdump-and-listening-to-wifi-traffic-of-others. I would go for aircrack-ng. It is a more complete solution, being able to monitor, crack and attack.
upvoted 1 times
TeeTime87
3 years, 9 months ago
First off this question is missing info, my thoughts: tcpdump, if your trying capture traffic to get guest credentials from people staying at the hotel, aka logging into accounts through websites or Aircrack-ng if they are trying to get the password to get authenticated access to the Hotels network. Nikto and Nessus you have 2 vulnerability scanners(nothing to do with the question)
upvoted 1 times
mcvbm34
3 years, 9 months ago
The answer is Nikto because in the question it say "to gain access to information found on the hotel network?" Aircrack-ng is used for password cracking.
upvoted 1 times
Blind_Hatred
3 years, 9 months ago
He wants to GAIN ACCESS. NikTo is a vulnerability scanner (and it focusses mainly on webservers). The answer is NOT NikTo, I can guarantee that.
upvoted 4 times
NoName999
3 years, 9 months ago
says nothing at all about wifi, therefore aircrack is not right. Think the answer is nikto
upvoted 1 times
Blind_Hatred
3 years, 9 months ago
802.11 IS WiFi... .
upvoted 4 times
NoName999
3 years, 9 months ago
ah yeah my bad. strange how every site points to nikto, but aircrack is obvious wifi cracking tool in kali. makes you think how accurate these q&a's are
upvoted 1 times
Blind_Hatred
3 years, 9 months ago
The reason why those websites all provide the same answers is very simple: They copied one another. Copied without providing any kind of information as of why that particular answer is correct. At least here, on this website, you can discuss it with other people. :)
upvoted 9 times
MonKEY69
3 years, 10 months ago
I think it is tcpdump! This would packet capture the info. Nikto is a web vulnerability scanner. Am I wrong?
upvoted 1 times
s3curity1
3 years, 10 months ago
While tcpdump can allow you to capture packets, this is pretty much useless of communication is encrypted. Aircrack-ng would be the best choice since it offers a suite of tools for wireless network monitoring and attack related tools.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...