Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam CAS-004 topic 1 question 66 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's CAS-004
Question #: 66
Topic #: 1
[All CAS-004 Questions]

A company has decided to purchase a license for software that is used to operate a mission-critical process. The third-party developer is new to the industry but is delivering what the company needs at this time.
Which of the following BEST describes the reason why utilizing a source code escrow will reduce the operational risk to the company if the third party stops supporting the application?

• A. The company will have access to the latest version to continue development.
  • B. The company will be able to force the third-party developer to continue support.
  • C. The company will be able to manage the third-party developer's development process.
  • D. The company will be paid by the third-party developer to hire a new development team.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
patinho777
Highly Voted 2 years, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
I think this is A
upvoted 11 times
BiteSize
Most Recent 9 months, 1 week ago
Source: Verifying each answer against Chat GPT, my experience, other test banks, a written book, and weighing in the discussion from all users to create a 100% accurate guide for myself before I take the exam. (It isn't easy because of the time needed, but it is doing my diligence)
upvoted 1 times
Sloananne
1 year, 7 months ago
A - "Source Code Escrow—Identifies that a copy of vendor-developed source code is provided to a trusted third party in case the vendor ceases to be in business." Comptia book
upvoted 4 times
ukuwai
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: B
Source code escrow ensures that the licensee obtains access to the source code ONLY when the maintenance of the software cannot otherwise be assured; therefore, the owner of the software is the developer and the answer should be B
upvoted 1 times
ukuwai
1 year, 7 months ago
Wait, I take it back. Sorry, the answer should be A since I misread the question and it states "if the third party stops supporting the application" and obviously B is not making sense.
upvoted 2 times
Ant21097
1 year, 8 months ago
The only option here that makes sense
upvoted 1 times
RevZig67
1 year, 11 months ago
You want a software escrow incase the new developer goes out of business.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...