Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam N10-008 topic 1 question 28 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-008
Question #: 28
Topic #: 1
[All N10-008 Questions]

According to troubleshooting methodology, which of the following should the technician do NEXT after determining the most likely probable cause of an issue?

• A. Establish a plan of action to resolve the issue and identify potential effects
  • B. Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures
  • C. Implement the solution or escalate as necessary
  • D. Test the theory to determine the cause
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Pongsathorn
Highly Voted 2 years, 3 months ago
1. Identify the problem 2. Establish a theory of probable cause ***The question is here. 3. Test the theory to determine the cause 4. Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects 5. Implement the solution or escalate as necessary 6. Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures 7. Document findings, actions, and outcomes and lessons learned
upvoted 58 times
I_Know_Everything_KY
8 months, 1 week ago
1. Identify the problem 2. Establish a theory of probable cause 3. Test the theory to DETRMINE the cause ***No, The question is here. 4. Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects 5. Implement the solution or escalate as necessary 6. Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures 7. Document findings, actions, and outcomes and lessons learned ** The question states he has "DETERMINED" the probable cause.
upvoted 4 times
johnsmith24
7 months ago
no it says *most likely* so you have to test the theory to confirm your *most likely*
upvoted 2 times
Its nothing to do with "most likely", it states you DETERMINED the problem. Next step is to fix it - establish a plan and implement it.
upvoted 2 times
Letsbefriends
2 weeks, 3 days ago
“Probable” would be the keyword. It has not been determined yet. You need to test and validate in order for it not be “probable”anymore.
upvoted 1 times
5PbixcbaRWkHFtJ2
Highly Voted 1 year, 2 months ago
Mnemonic for the troubleshooting steps: I Eat Tasty Eggs In Various Dishes
upvoted 18 times
cv01
Most Recent 4 days, 18 hours ago
I'm with b0bby on this one...horrible wording on this question. ExamTopics may have worded it this way on purpose to make you think, but I don't think it will be this ambiguous on the exam. You guys can argue all day about whether or not this is A or D (or Step 2 or 3), but I think the exam will make it clearer. Having said all of that, I do tend to lean toward it being A (Step 3) simply because they used the word "determined".
upvoted 1 times
b0bby
1 week, 5 days ago
Hate this question. IF you understand every step perfectly you still got no clue based on the wording if he "confirmed" the issue. BTW in real world you don't make absolute certain what the problem is? before you implement the fix. Often the fix is quicker then the confirmation that is 100% certain the problem. Becuase the use of "most likely" and probable" test the theory .
upvoted 2 times
amsterdam24
5 months ago
Trust GPT According to standard troubleshooting methodology, after determining the most likely probable cause of an issue, the next step the technician should take is: A. Establish a plan of action to resolve the issue and identify potential effects This step involves planning how to resolve the problem and considering the potential effects of the solution on the system or network. Once a plan is established, the technician can then proceed to implement the solution.
upvoted 1 times
InjunJim
5 months ago
The answer is D, simply because CompTIA expects you to know their standards, which are sometimes at odds with obvious reality.
upvoted 1 times
maggie22
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
Guys don't be confused and overthink with the question, it is plain english. Focus on "Keyword".
upvoted 1 times
Ugo2023
5 months, 4 weeks ago
Answer is A
upvoted 2 times
Mehsotopes
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
A theory has been established by finding the probable cause for your problem, therefore, from here you want to test that theory of cause to determine if symptom of said cause is shown again.
upvoted 2 times
Mehsotopes
6 months, 2 weeks ago
A theory has been established by finding the probable cause for your problem, therefore, from here you want to test that theory of cause to determine if symptom of said cause is shown again.
upvoted 1 times
Maka23
7 months, 1 week ago
I would say D. The reason being is tbe wording of the question. To me the key words are “the most likely PROBABLE CAUSE of the issue…” This to me suggests that the cause still hasn’t been fully determined so you need to test it to make sure of the actual cause, no? Why establish a plan of actuon before fully making sure of the cause??
upvoted 1 times
TacosInMyBelly
7 months, 1 week ago
I Eat Tasty Eggs In Various Diners is a good way to remember the 7 steps CompTIA troubleshooting order.
upvoted 1 times
Rabien347
9 months, 1 week ago
Question says he "determined" it (see Step 3). Which means step 4 should be next. If he "established" the cause then I would say he/she just did step 2. But the answer should be A.
upvoted 3 times
Smix01
9 months, 3 weeks ago
it s a trap question, but it says, "NEXT after determining the cause", so its already tested, so 4. Establish a plan of Action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects...;-)
upvoted 3 times
coolwhip
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Pongsathron is wrong. THe question is at step 3. "after determining the most likely probable cause" - implying the theory has been tested. Thus, the answer is A - establish a plan of action. This is also the answer vceUP gives.
upvoted 2 times
Moskeezy
1 year, 1 month ago
God, this question sucks. Do better, CompTIA.
upvoted 5 times
JakeCharles
1 year, 3 months ago
its D According to the troubleshooting methodology, after determining the most likely probable cause of an issue, the technician should do the following: A. Establish a plan of action to resolve the issue and identify potential effects: Before implementing a solution, the technician should carefully plan the steps to resolve the issue and consider the potential consequences of each action. B. Test the theory to determine the cause: The technician should verify their hypothesis by testing the theory to determine the root cause of the issue.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...