Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam N10-007 topic 1 question 157 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-007
Question #: 157
Topic #: 1
[All N10-007 Questions]

Which of the following BEST describes the BGP routing protocol?

• A. distance vector
  • B. hybrid
  • C. static
  • D. link state
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
kewlboy
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
How to remember Routing protocols (or how so i did at least) and i suggest you draw this out, interior and exterior (inside and outside). Let's start with the exterior as there is only 1 BGP hybrid (i think of this a something different compared to the other routing protocols, as if its a "god" or a better than the rest). Moving on to the interior, you have Distance Vector and Link State, DV (Distance Vector) has RIPv1, RIPv2, IGRP and EIGRP, LS (Link State) has 2 OSPF and IS-IS. (now how do i remember this? ever notice how all have the distance vectors have the 3 letters in all of them "R" "I" "P" in them, maybe in a different order and the others [OSPF and IS-IS] do not which make them Link State)
upvoted 22 times
drlarkins
Highly Voted 4 years, 6 months ago
BGP is a distance vector routing protocol. EIRGP is a hybrid.
upvoted 12 times
SilentJumper
4 years, 1 month ago
No its not, its hybrid
upvoted 9 times
ZiggyZach
4 years, 1 month ago
Professor Messer says BGP is hybrid. Going with him
upvoted 24 times
Tman1
Most Recent 2 years, 1 month ago
its hybrid .its considered hybrid coz it contains link state and distance vector .confirmed given answer is correct
upvoted 1 times
Js
2 years, 4 months ago
BGP: EGP, path-vector, classless protocol. Comptia point of view BGP(Border Gateway Protocol) is hybrid Protocol.
upvoted 1 times
gawal
2 years, 5 months ago
comptia study guide says: BGP is not a pure distance vector... but uses a hybrid approach... is more usually classed as a path routing vector
upvoted 1 times
vorozco
2 years, 9 months ago
Mike Meyers says BGP is technically a path vector routing protocol, but then says this... "Exam Tip: The CompTIA Network+ objectives list BGP as a hybrid routing protocol. Read the question carefully and if BGP is your only answer as hybrid, take it." Mike Meyers, Network+, page 243
upvoted 2 times
examcol
3 years, 2 months ago
After seeing https://www.professormesser.com/network-plus/n10-007/dynamic-routing-protocols/ I have changed my mind, it is hybrid protocol. Correct answer is B. hybrid.
upvoted 3 times
examcol
3 years, 2 months ago
The correct answer is A. An example of a hybrid routing protocol would be something like EIGRP. https://www.professormesser.com/network-plus/n10-006/link-state-distance-vector-and-hybrid-routing-protocols-2/
upvoted 3 times
Jonasye
3 years, 3 months ago
I have seen many times a incorrected answer is upvoted most lol EIGRP/BGP both are Hybrid, it's clearly on the page303 of book Net+
upvoted 1 times
Asong01
3 years, 4 months ago
IMO, option "A" is the correct answer. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/difference-between-eigrp-and-bgp/?ref=rp
upvoted 1 times
xsp
3 years, 5 months ago
Read a book guys! the amount of complain and lack of question understanding in this site is tremendous! geez! BGP is hybrid routing protocol in fact it is a path vector routing protocol!
upvoted 3 times
xMilkyMan123
3 years, 5 months ago
Right!? I feel like some people dont read the books and try only using these questions to pass the actual exam.
upvoted 1 times
betty_boop
3 years, 5 months ago
BGP The Border Gateway Protocol is considered a hybrid protocol in the CompTIA objectives as it employs elements of both Link-state and distance-vector protocols. Technically it is classified as an advanced protocol. https://www.certblaster.com/network-plus-n10-007-examnotes-sub-objective-1-3-routing-and-switching-part-2-of-3/#:~:text=Hybrid-,BGP,classified%20as%20an%20advanced%20protocol.
upvoted 2 times
YouDipEE
3 years, 6 months ago
The Border Gateway Protocol is considered a hybrid protocol in the CompTIA objectives as it employs elements of both Link-state and distance-vector protocols. Technically it is classified as an advanced protocol.
upvoted 1 times
Aras
3 years, 9 months ago
According to Anthony Sequeira, CCIE No. 15626 (Network+ N10-007), 'some literature classifies BGP as a distance- vector routing protocol, it can more accurately be described as a path- vector routing protocol'.
upvoted 1 times
Mimi
3 years, 10 months ago
According to Mike Meyers the BGP is a hybrid model and EIRGP is listed a distance vector for CompTIA exam.
upvoted 7 times
krand
3 years, 10 months ago
According to certblaster: "The Border Gateway Protocol is considered a hybrid protocol in the CompTIA objectives as it employs elements of both Link-state and distance-vector protocols."
upvoted 2 times
aga84
3 years, 11 months ago
According to the official Comptia Network+ Guide : BGP is not a pure distance-vector algorithm but uses a hybrid approach. In fact, BGP is more usually classed a path vector routing protocol. A very confusion question.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...