Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 1 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 1
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

A user is attempting to navigate to a website from inside the company network using a desktop. When the user types in the URL, https://www.site.com, the user is presented with a certificate mismatch warning from the browser. The user does not receive a warning when visiting http://www.anothersite.com. Which of the following describes this attack?

• A. On-path
  • B. Domain hijacking
  • C. DNS poisoning
  • D. Evil twin
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
civipe7943
Highly Voted 1 month ago
Passed sy0-701 today with 821. Site valid. All questions from here. I went through all 800+ twice with more emphasis on 600-849 https://rb.gy/vik575
upvoted 30 times
Only1Dai
2 days, 10 hours ago
great! so for sure this version is still good for 701 as well ?
upvoted 1 times
negnegaspi
Highly Voted 3 months, 1 week ago
itexamstest.com C is Correct
upvoted 27 times
xeheci3568
2 months, 1 week ago
thanks for sharing
upvoted 2 times
8438cfa
Most Recent 1 day, 7 hours ago
Off to take my test today this site been a huge help. will post later on my results thank you for all the help ppl
upvoted 1 times
8438cfa
1 day, 3 hours ago
lady's and gentlemen we passed this was a huge help thank you. and thank you stoneface for clearing up alot of the questions in these discussion
upvoted 1 times
ofolan
2 days, 5 hours ago
I hope no one shares the question bank with user: Olamsky. A website has provided assistance with real based question. With a lot of testimonies of passes. You still want something free? You want to rob exam topic of the financial resources they will use to keep running this website? You have two options , you either save to purchase the subscription, or read on your own and pass. The question is , how bad do you plan to pass.
upvoted 1 times
Luchis_69
2 days, 16 hours ago
Selected Answer: C
Domain hijacking: Domain hijacking involves unauthorized changes to the registration of a domain name. While it's related to unauthorized access to a domain, it's not directly related to SSL certificate mismatches.
upvoted 1 times
Olamsky
6 days, 4 hours ago
Good Afternoon Likeminds I want to use this medium to appreciate and thank you all towards your contribution to make this website a reliable and a source of valid information. I am currently preparing for my Comptia Sec+ (SYO-601) exam but am currently not bouyant to subscribe for the contributor access. Could anyone who has written the exam recently to assist me with the valid dumb email address: [email protected] I have no IT background but i am self reading with trainings consistently to switch into IT space
upvoted 3 times
thea_smith
1 week, 2 days ago
C is the obvious answers. Get full set in PDF at [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
NetworkTester1235
1 week, 3 days ago
Off to take my test, I'll be back here tomorrow with my results
upvoted 1 times
NetworkTester1235
4 days, 1 hour ago
I passed, review 600 - 850 and you'll 100% pass!
upvoted 1 times
Only1Dai
2 days, 10 hours ago
is this the version you took? or did t this help me for 701 as well
upvoted 1 times
12883fd
1 week, 5 days ago
Took 701 today. About 1/4 of the 77 questions I had were on there. (The 2 PBQs were from here)
upvoted 2 times
RyanL26
1 week, 4 days ago
well, this is the 601 lol. I am sure that 701 is way more up to date! Congrats on the pass though! Hard work pays off!
upvoted 2 times
Yoez
1 week, 6 days ago
hey guys, what's the difference between paying for the exam package and seeing them here, separating the captcha
upvoted 1 times
russian
2 weeks, 3 days ago
This looks more like DNS poisoning rather than a hijacked website.
upvoted 1 times
Dapsie
2 weeks, 4 days ago
Selected Answer: B
The hijack action allows them to change information within the website itself. Spoofing merely redirects to a fake website.
upvoted 1 times
HiTower
4 weeks, 1 day ago
I just passed my test Today 4/5/2024 using this site. ....... Its PERFECT! Make sure you go through all question at least once. It will pay off. You will learn and ask yourself question half way through.
upvoted 5 times
kabobe
1 month ago
RETURNING AFTER GOING THROUGH Q: 1-849 3x dumps source> https://rb.gy/o17anp Just passed on 4/3/2024 with 821/900 first try no IT background just used the CompTIA study guide book and this. 74 Questions 3 PBQ --> I think +70 including the PBQs were straight from here! Well worth spending the $ for the full question bank here. Honestly running thru this at least 1x maybe 2x and you should be good to go. Trust the discussion answers and in Stoneface we trust<3 Good luck everyone you got this!
upvoted 15 times
Only1Dai
2 days, 10 hours ago
what version did you take
upvoted 1 times
lekiam
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I think it is not clear if this is a DNS poisoning or a hijacked domain. The mismatch warning could be presented in both attacks. I think the information is incomplete and you would have to assume a part to select either option. But I would select DNS poisoning, the reasin would be that when going to a HTTPS website, it is giving the certificate mismatch error. When going to HTTP website it is not. It is common for DNS poisoning to target HTTPS as there is where the sensitive data is. So why would they make this difference? Also the fact that it is getting a certificate mismatch is an indication that the DNS records were manipulated and the user could be being redirected to a server with a maybe manipulated certificate by an attacker that has a certificate that is not the expected certificate.
upvoted 3 times
maruf061
1 month, 2 weeks ago
SPECL35DIS
upvoted 1 times
49a643b
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I took my test 17 March 23 and pass with 826. 90 % of the question came from 600-845. My PBQ’s 153, 155, 733, 734. So, I do recommend the site. My advice read the commends and understand the answer. Thanks for all the help. Good luck to everyone else...!!!
upvoted 3 times
mystak23
4 weeks ago
was it 601 or 701?
upvoted 3 times
brf2017
1 month, 1 week ago
I agree, passed on 3/26/24. Read the question - but understand the answers then do process of elimination.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...