Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 4 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 4
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

Which of the following describes a social engineering technique that seeks to exploit a person's sense of urgency?

• A. A phishing email stating a cash settlement has been awarded but will expire soon
  • B. A smishing message stating a package is scheduled for pickup
  • C. A vishing call that requests a donation be made to a local charity
  • D. A SPIM notification claiming to be undercover law enforcement investigating a cybercrime
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Joe1984
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Answer is A
upvoted 38 times
derfnick
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
Because of the part "will expire soon"
upvoted 21 times
GuyOutside
Most Recent 3 days, 14 hours ago
The ' will expire soon' will give the person a sense of urgency.
upvoted 1 times
Olamsky
6 days, 8 hours ago
A is the correct answer here I want to use this medium to appreciate and thank you all towards your contribution to make this website a reliable and a source of valid information. I am currently preparing for my Comptia Sec+ (SYO-601) exam but am currently not bouyant to subscribe for the contributor access. Could anyone who has written the exam recently to assist me with the valid dumb email address: [email protected] I have no IT background but i am self-reading with trainings consistently to switch into IT space
upvoted 1 times
kudabdul
1 week, 2 days ago
Answer is A
upvoted 1 times
thea_smith
1 week, 2 days ago
It is A clearly. Get all questions from me [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
russian
2 weeks, 3 days ago
even a toddler can get this right
upvoted 1 times
Dapsie
2 weeks, 4 days ago
The fact of urgency is the possible expiration of the offer. My choice is "A".
upvoted 1 times
Broflovski
3 weeks, 1 day ago
Guys, I passed for my test today. Make sure you read all the questions at least once and read the difficult questions with the discussions for the second time. In the end you need to be familiar with this objectives so study at least one book and listen to the podcast of professor Messer. 80%-90% from the questions came from this dumb! Good luck and I am out from here! See ya!
upvoted 1 times
akk1993
2 weeks, 4 days ago
congrats on passing! that is awesome. do you know what info to study for the pbq's i take mine in 2 days!
upvoted 1 times
elnenko
2 months ago
My answer is A because the offer will expire soon, so this urgency like the question purpose
upvoted 2 times
eddy72
2 months, 1 week ago
Answer is A. Option C is wrong, vishing call that requests a donation be made to a local charity, targets the victim's generosity rather than urgency
upvoted 2 times
JmyKing
2 months, 1 week ago
I will go with A.
upvoted 1 times
86bb42c
2 months, 2 weeks ago
The reason they say C is the correct answer: Vishing is VOICE-Phishing. It's much harder to turn down a person on the phone than to ignore written correspondence. I think the authors are trying to draw a distinction between the written communication and the voice communication. But I agree, it's misleading and a very gray area. Unless it maps directly to something in their courseware, I might do a re-write on this question.
upvoted 1 times
BD69
2 months ago
Just remember, these answers are guesses. NONE of the actual exam answers are technically known, for certain. A lot of these "correct" answers are, in fact, incorrect.
upvoted 1 times
4ffc388
2 months, 2 weeks ago
so what am i suppose to be thinking the answer is the most voted or the answer it tells me???
upvoted 1 times
thea_smith
2 months, 3 weeks ago
A would be my clear choice Phishing scams are email and text message campaigns to frighten the customer create urgency Contact at [email protected] for full questions
upvoted 1 times
alicia2024
2 months, 3 weeks ago
A,Phishing scams are email and text message campaigns aimed at creating a sense of urgency, curiosity or fear in victims.
upvoted 1 times
zeeshanali1993
3 months ago
A: This option involves sending a phishing email claiming that the recipient has been awarded a cash settlement but emphasizes that the opportunity will expire soon. By creating a sense of urgency, the attacker aims to manipulate the victim into taking quick and impulsive actions without thoroughly verifying the message's legitimacy. The other options are less focused on exploiting a sense of urgency.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...