Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 12 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 12
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

Several attempts have been made to pick the door lock of a secure facility. As a result, the security engineer has been assigned to implement a stronger preventative access control. Which of the following would BEST complete the engineer's assignment?

• A. Replacing the traditional key with an RFID key
  • B. Installing and monitoring a camera facing the door
  • C. Setting motion-sensing lights to illuminate the door on activity
  • D. Surrounding the property with fencing and gates
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
rodwave
Highly Voted 1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Replacing the traditional key with an RFID key - For this question, there is mention of "attempts have been made to pick the door lock". Out of the options provided, only the option to replace the current door key with an RFID key directly addresses this issue. The other options can be viewed as preventative access control systems/ deterrents as well. ============================ Helpful Info Preventative access control - An access control that is used to stop unwanted or unauthorized activity from occurring, these could be policies, firewalls, physical barriers etc. RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) - A type of key card/fob access control system that uses a radio frequency signals to communicate between a reader and an RFID tag. You would place the tag/card near the reader and if the reader identifies the signal as belonging to an authorized user, they will be allowed access.
upvoted 22 times
Ribeiro19
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
B, C and D, are not a access control. So, A is the only XD
upvoted 5 times
Halaa
1 year, 8 months ago
they are access control
upvoted 3 times
stoneface
1 year, 8 months ago
YES, 'access control'
upvoted 2 times
saucehozz
5 months, 1 week ago
Haha. All options are are PREVENTIVE access controls.
upvoted 1 times
Grahamtb
2 months, 3 weeks ago
B and C are deterrents. Not preventative, since they have no way to actually slow down/stop an attacker.
upvoted 1 times
be9z
1 year, 6 months ago
A and D are access controls, however, A is the correct answer because it focuses on securing the door and not the other security perimeter of a facility. Hence RFID protects both external (who is not supposed to have access to the building) and internal threats (staff who are not authorised to enter the room)
upvoted 6 times
thea_smith
Most Recent 1 week, 3 days ago
A is correct. Others don't apply. Get full questions from me at [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
russian
2 weeks, 3 days ago
Nothing else prevents anyone from continuing to pick the lock until they succeed.
upvoted 1 times
thea_smith
2 months, 3 weeks ago
A is correct for me [email protected] for full questions
upvoted 1 times
Awesomeness
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Let's focus on some of the keywords which are pick, lock, several attempts, and preventive. And the answer to which solves the task given to the engineer is the RFID. Traditionally, RFID replaces pick-able Keyholes which technically solves the problem.
upvoted 1 times
testnickname01
3 months, 4 weeks ago
All answers are access controls. However, only A provides stronger protection for the door itself. The word BEST indicates the test writer wants you to focus on the solution that will fix the door issue.
upvoted 1 times
5StarNinja
5 months, 3 weeks ago
This address the "traditional key" that is being picked. Replacing with RFID takes out the physical key hole and only authorized users will possess a RFID key to access.
upvoted 1 times
gamingseller
5 months, 4 weeks ago
The best option to complete the engineer's assignment of implementing a stronger preventative access control at the door would be: A. Replacing the traditional key with an RFID key. This method directly enhances the security of the door's locking mechanism, making it more difficult for unauthorized persons to gain entry by picking the lock.
upvoted 1 times
TheFivePips
6 months ago
Replacing a traditional key with an RFID key (Option A) is indeed a strong security measure, especially for preventing unauthorized physical access. RFID keys offer enhanced security because they are often more difficult to duplicate or pick compared to traditional keys. This option is a valid choice for improving access control and preventing unauthorized entry. However, the choice between Option A (RFID key) and Option D (fencing and gates) may depend on various factors, including the specific security needs, budget, and the facility's location. If the primary concern is unauthorized physical access at the door, then Option A (RFID key) would be an effective choice. On the other hand, if there are broader security concerns, such as unauthorized access from multiple points or the need to secure the entire perimeter, Option D (fencing and gates) may be the more comprehensive solution. Ultimately, both options (A and D) can enhance security, but the choice may vary depending on the specific security requirements of the facility. I hate it here
upvoted 3 times
Sebatian20
6 months, 2 weeks ago
I did entertain C: cause I don't know about you guys.. if I am trying to pick a lock and suddenly, I get staged lights shined down on me.. I am getting my arse out of the area!
upvoted 1 times
JCrain
6 months, 4 weeks ago
IMO the option is to add fencing around the perimeter of the facility. Adding an RFID reader is not going to stop the door from being picked any less than it already is. RFID readers provides Authorization and Accounting. If you limit who can be in there with a barrier you’re goal is achieved. Defense in Depth. This should go back to the defense in depth
upvoted 3 times
PropheticBettor
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Agreed and also Fences/Bollards/Gates are identified as preventative access controls by Comptia
upvoted 1 times
M43
7 months ago
The correct answer is D. Surrounding the property with fencing and gates To implement a stronger preventative access control in this scenario, surrounding the property with fencing and gates would be the most effective option. This physical security measure creates a physical barrier that prevents unauthorized individuals from even reaching the door, making it much more difficult for someone to attempt to pick the lock or gain access to the secure facility in the first place. While options like replacing the traditional key with an RFID key, installing a camera, and setting motion-sensing lights can enhance security, they primarily address issues after an unauthorized access attempt has been made or are focused on surveillance and identification rather than preventing physical access to the facility. Fencing and gates, on the other hand, provide a proactive and physical deterrent to unauthorized access.
upvoted 3 times
RevolutionaryAct
8 months ago
The reason it is A and not D is because there is nothing in the question indicating that it is not an insider threat, so if it is one then gates and fences won't stop them. Theoretically they don't have access to this area as an insider (otherwise why pick it) and an RFID card would work better.
upvoted 2 times
NetTech
8 months, 1 week ago
Like many of these questions, the wording is not great in this one. A & D are both access controls. A door that has an RFID reader on it may still have a door knob with a key hole and could still be picked. In fact you would likely still want a keyed lock on the door if there was a power failure, the door would fail secure, but could be opened with a key in an emergency. Only a door that has a maglock on it that is released after a card scan would address the issue. The answer is probably A but these questions need better editing by the authors.
upvoted 2 times
Protract8593
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Replacing the traditional key with an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) key is a stronger form of access control compared to a physical key. RFID keys use radio waves to communicate with an RFID reader, which grants access to the facility if the key is authorized. This technology provides several advantages over traditional keys: 1. Increased security: RFID keys are more difficult to duplicate compared to physical keys, reducing the risk of unauthorized key copying. 2. Access control management: RFID keys can be easily activated or deactivated from the access control system, allowing the security team to grant or revoke access quickly. 3. Audit trail: An RFID access control system can provide an audit trail, showing the times and dates of access attempts, successful entries, and denied entries, which can aid in security investigations.
upvoted 2 times
reverse01
10 months, 2 weeks ago
I took my exam today and passed with an 800. Thanks, everyone, for the great discussions and input; really helped me through the exam.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...