Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam N10-008 topic 1 question 275 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-008
Question #: 275
Topic #: 1
[All N10-008 Questions]

Several employees have expressed concerns about the company monitoring their internet activity when they are working from home. The company wants to mitigate this issue and reassure employees that their private internet activity is not being monitored. Which of the following would satisfy company and employee needs?

• A. Split tunnel
  • B. Full tunnel
  • C. Site-to-site tunnel
  • D. Virtual desktop
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
marching
Highly Voted 1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: D
We run a split tunnel VPN for work and I assure you I can monitor them just fine if they are using their work laptops. I think this is more about running a virtual desktop purely for work purposes (which is potentially monitored) and then you go do your own personal stuff on your own computer. But that's just my thoughts.
upvoted 17 times
famco
1 year ago
A typical case of real life experience affecting a certification test score. Just select split tunnel. A virtual desktop does not save the issue. Unless of course if you assume it is the personal laptop of the employee and they need a work desktop. Which separate work from personal stuff. Which is the right thing to do. But the question creator is looking for split-tunnel, I'm afraid
upvoted 5 times
DittoBrando
2 months, 3 weeks ago
I agree, the question writer is dumb though cause it is to "reassure employees" but most of them are too dumb to be reassured by a split tunnel where a virtual desktop would be assuring to employees. My personal opinion the actual correct answer is virtual desktop, but some comptia nerd writing this question forgot what it is like to deal with end users.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
Most Recent 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
Bing AI: The best option to satisfy both company and employee needs in this situation would be Split Tunnel (Option A). In a split tunnel setup, only traffic that is destined for the corporate network is sent through the VPN. All other traffic, such as browsing the internet or accessing a personal email account, goes directly through the public internet without passing through the VPN tunnel. This means the company does not have visibility into the employees’ private internet activity, which can help reassure employees about their privacy. On the other hand, options B, C, and D do not directly address the issue:
upvoted 1 times
maggie22
5 months, 2 weeks ago
The only answer I could think of is Virtual desktop nothing else.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
4 months ago
It costs hundreds per USER for split tunnel. Who's gonna pay for that
upvoted 1 times
badgerino
6 months, 4 weeks ago
This question is so fucking vague and shit, knowing CompTIA it's probably A though.
upvoted 2 times
questionreaper
7 months, 1 week ago
Answer is A because split tunnel allows for simultaneous ethernet traffic and vpn traffic
upvoted 1 times
TheFivePips
8 months ago
bad question. again. You can argue for both A and D. Id be inclined to pick A just because its comptia, but i consider this question a wash
upvoted 2 times
1stAid
1 year ago
D. I will have to go with D. Having a VPN running even if it's split means the company still has access to the device and doesn't alleviate any concerns. Logging on to a virtual desktop seems like the better chpice, where company could still monitor activities but as soon as the session ends, that's it. There is no way for them to access the laptop given the s enario
upvoted 2 times
Doaa81
1 year ago
D. Virtual desktop . The use of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution is likely the best option to satisfy both the company's need for monitoring and the employees' desire for privacy. With a VDI solution, the employees can access their work environment and applications from a virtual machine that is hosted on the company's servers. This allows the company to monitor and control access to the work environment without monitoring the employees' personal internet activity.
upvoted 2 times
rabarbar1
1 year ago
The best option to satisfy company and employee needs would be to use split tunnel1. Split tunnel is a VPN feature that allows users to choose which traffic to send through the encrypted VPN tunnel and which traffic to send through the regular internet connection. This way, users can access both company resources and local resources at the same time, without compromising their privacy or security. Split tunnel also reduces bandwidth consumption and improves performance, as not all traffic needs to go through the VPN server. The split tunnel differs from the full tunnel, which sends all traffic through the VPN tunnel, regardless of the destination or source.
upvoted 3 times
Ghost_000
1 year ago
Split Tunnel
upvoted 3 times
Ghost_000
1 year ago
Split Tunnel, answer is D
upvoted 1 times
Ghost_000
1 year ago
Answer is A, sorry
upvoted 2 times
IT__noob
1 year ago
Selected Answer: B
B. Full tunnel A full tunnel is a VPN configuration in which all network traffic from a remote device is encrypted and sent through the VPN tunnel to the corporate network. By using a full tunnel, the company can assure employees that their internet activity is not being monitored since all traffic is encrypted and sent directly to the corporate network. At the same time, the company can ensure that all traffic to and from the remote device is secure and protected by the VPN tunnel.
upvoted 2 times
Eumousten
1 year, 1 month ago
I would go with Split tunnel VPN as with the Professor Messer video tutorials... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHUApn4wCPo&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.professormesser.com%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title
upvoted 1 times
LordGNTWK
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: B
Full tunel is the correcct one
upvoted 1 times
pedrwc7
1 year, 1 month ago
Another CompTIA question that tests your knowledge is if you know what Split Tunnel is by rephrasing the definition in a reality. Split tunneling routes and encrypt only the traffic bound for the headquarters over the VPN, and send the rest of the traffic to the regular Internet. A. Split Tunnel VPN ▪ Routes and encrypts only the traffic bound for the headquarters over the VPN, and sends the rest of the traffic to the regular Internet B. Full Tunnel VPN ▪ Routes and encrypts all network requests through the VPN connection back to the headquarters C. Site with the Site is a secure connection between two private networks across a public network D. Virtual Desktops ▪ User’s desktop computer is running in a browser ▪ Used from the web, laptop, tablet, or phone ▪ Easier to secure and upgrade for the admins
upvoted 4 times
El_Cabron
1 year ago
Agreed.
upvoted 1 times
max319
1 year, 1 month ago
Wouldn't having a vm for work related items and just using your regular desktop for anything personal make sense too? Still leaning towards split tunnel because that seems like the option CompTIA wants but I think both could work.
upvoted 3 times
MelzTheArtist
1 year, 2 months ago
A. Split tunnel would satisfy company and employee needs in this scenario. A split tunnel VPN configuration allows for the private internet activity of employees to not be monitored by the company. In a split tunnel VPN, only traffic to and from the company network is sent through the VPN, while all other internet activity is sent directly through the employee's local internet connection. This would alleviate the employees' concerns about the company monitoring their private internet activity.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...