Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SY0-601 topic 1 question 23 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's SY0-601
Question #: 23
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-601 Questions]

Which of the following are common VoIP-associated vulnerabilities? (Choose two.)

• A. SPIM
  • B. Vishing
  • C. Hopping
  • D. Phishing
  • E. Credential harvesting
  • F. Tailgating
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AB 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
serginljr
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
Hopping does not exist in exam objectives
upvoted 40 times
NerdAlert
1 year ago
heads up - vlan hopping one was of the choices on my exam, but credential harvesting was not! IDK which one is correct besides vishing, but cred harvesting wasnt there.
upvoted 11 times
user82
1 year ago
So the only reason "hopping" is not the answer is because it's not in the exam objectives? So I guess it's SPIM and credential harvesting
upvoted 2 times
MENAMONGMEN
1 year ago
he just said cred harvesting is NOT on the test.. :(
upvoted 4 times
BlackMamba_4
9 months ago
Spim and vishing
upvoted 12 times
k9_462
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: BE
after heavy consideration and reading through multiple sec+ books, i m kinda going with B & D. vishing and credential harvesting as being the most common attacks, as hopping doesnt ever seem to come up in the material. https://fitsmallbusiness.com/voip-security-threats/
upvoted 30 times
Skimbeeble
2 months, 3 weeks ago
may I ask why D? considering its VOIP it would be B for sure but D is just another form of B just in a different aspect.
upvoted 1 times
k9_462
1 year, 7 months ago
although they dont specifically mention VOMIT, a common result of VOMIT would be credntial harvesting. "VOMIT, is a VoIP hacking technique that extracts confidential data and voice packets directly from calls. VOMIT works by eavesdropping on phone calls and converting phone conversations into files straight from your business phone system. This makes it easy to obtain company information, including usernames, passwords, bank details, phone numbers, and call origin."
upvoted 18 times
shady23
Most Recent 1 day, 9 hours ago
Selected Answer: AB
SPIM (Spam over Internet Messaging) is a type of VoIP-associated vulnerability that involves sending unsolicited or fraudulent messages over an internet messaging service, such as Skype or WhatsApp. It can trick users into clicking on malicious links, downloading malware, providing personal or financial information, etc., by impersonating a legitimate entity or creating a sense of urgency or curiosity. Vishing (Voice Phishing) is a type of VoIP-associated vulnerability that involves making unsolicited or fraudulent phone calls over an internet telephony service, such as Google Voice or Vonage. It can trick users into disclosing personal or financial information, following malicious instructions, transferring money, etc., by using voice spoofing, caller ID spoofing, or interactive voice response systems.
upvoted 1 times
shady23
1 day, 9 hours ago
SPIM (Spam over Internet Messaging) is a type of VoIP-associated vulnerability that involves sending unsolicited or fraudulent messages over an internet messaging service, such as Skype or WhatsApp. It can trick users into clicking on malicious links, downloading malware, providing personal or financial information, etc., by impersonating a legitimate entity or creating a sense of urgency or curiosity. Vishing (Voice Phishing) is a type of VoIP-associated vulnerability that involves making unsolicited or fraudulent phone calls over an internet telephony service, such as Google Voice or Vonage. It can trick users into disclosing personal or financial information, following malicious instructions, transferring money, etc., by using voice spoofing, caller ID spoofing, or interactive voice response systems.
upvoted 1 times
thea_smith
2 days, 5 hours ago
Selected Answer: BE
B,E are correct options. Contact for full questions [email protected]
upvoted 1 times
chriseatmon25
3 days, 4 hours ago
B. For sure but E. is correct due to Voicemail via email attachment. The attachment may malicious code.
upvoted 1 times
fryderyk
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: BC
For those not convinced to Hopping (I was), one of many resources on to voip vlan hopping: https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/viewdocument/voip-hopping-a-method-of-testing?CommunityKey=1ecf5f55-9545-44d6-b0f4-4e4a7f5f5e68 The other one just must be Vishing.
upvoted 1 times
JustJess
1 month, 2 weeks ago
SPIM (Spam over Instant Messaging) not with VoIP Vishing yes as it is voice phishing...partly why when a spammer asks you a yes or no questions,,,,its best to hang up. Cred harvisting can be exploited when you have voicemail set to be emailed to you
upvoted 1 times
BD69
1 month, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: BC
Only B & C answers are related to VOIP. Vishing should be obvious Hopping, not as obvious, but since putting VOIP devices on a separate network, physical or VLAN, is a recommended good practices, VLAN is susceptible to hopping.
upvoted 1 times
NoConfusion
2 months ago
SPIM falls into VoIP in Comptia's world.
upvoted 2 times
BD69
1 month, 4 weeks ago
Really? I'd love to see a VOIP system with IM. Never seen one before!
upvoted 1 times
BD69
1 month ago
Forgot about cloud based VOIP - they all have IM built into their service. A & B are, indeed, the correct answer here.
upvoted 3 times
2 months ago
Based on gather information i think it is A and B, although B and E also sound correct. I hate these questions.
upvoted 2 times
8c4769c
3 months, 1 week ago
SPIM and Vishing
upvoted 1 times
thea_smith
3 months, 2 weeks ago
This can be the only correct combination. If anyone wants full exam with correct answers you can get in touch at [email protected]
upvoted 2 times
BD69
1 month, 4 weeks ago
I can't believe Hopping is not considered a vulnerability for VOIP. Every company I've ever worked for put their VOIP on a VLAN (it's a spelled out best practice in every security guide I've seen!). I've never seen a corporate VOIP that supports instant messaging, but there are a couple of web-based VOIPs that support it. I figure it's more rare and hopping would be FAR more dangerous/vulnerable than spam/spim. Who writes these questions?!?!
upvoted 1 times
huncho22
3 months, 1 week ago
emailed you!
upvoted 1 times
Caffa
2 months, 2 weeks ago
emailed you as well. looking forward to hearing from you
upvoted 1 times
Chase6890
3 months, 2 weeks ago
emailed you.
upvoted 1 times
DrCo6991
4 months ago
Vishing is an obvious choice. However, all the others are questionable. Considering what's left, I'd say SPIM is the best logical conclusion (SPIT would be better but not listed). If you agree with credential harvesting, you have to agree with Phishing because that's how Professor Messer says credential harvesting takes place (by sending a malicious attachment over email and a user clicking it). Hopping from what I looked up has to do with moving around different avenues to gain access to a system or environment. I guess it could include using the phone. However, I looked up IM over VOIP and it appears to be possible. I could be wrong though. If I get the question, I'm going with A and B on the test.
upvoted 4 times
_deleteme_
4 months, 2 weeks ago
In the DION course the below is stated. SMS messages may be accessible to attackers via VoIP or other systems. AB it is for me NIST's SP 800-63-3 recommends that SMS messages be deprecated as a means of delivering a second factor for multifactor authentication because they may be accessible to attackers.
upvoted 3 times
lsalc
4 months, 2 weeks ago
i answered BC on the test
upvoted 1 times
ComPCertOn
5 months, 2 weeks ago
guys, I have done extensive research on this. the only good answers are A and B. all the rest are not VoIP or not in the exam objective
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...