Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1101 topic 1 question 2 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1101
Question #: 2
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1101 Questions]

DRAG DROP -
An office manager reports that a printer is experiencing performance issues. Printouts are smudging when they are handled, and, recently, whenever the manager tries to print oversized documents, the paper jams before anything is printed on it.

INSTRUCTIONS -
Using the available printer parts, replace only the faulty components on the office printer to resolve the stated issues.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation, please click the Reset All button.
Select and Place:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
TheLaw433
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
First case = Leave empty Second case = Fuser Third case = Leave empty Last Case = Rollers - Guys you should only choose 2 Options here, cuz there's only 2 problems where you need to solve, the first being the print have smudges so its a fuser issue and you have to place in second box. The second issue is papers keep getting stuck on large documents, and the legal paper is bigger than letter so you put rollers in last case. Thats it!
upvoted 55 times
Mango7
1 year, 2 months ago
so which one is first case and which one is second case? thanks
upvoted 1 times
Lord_Giggs
9 months, 1 week ago
It''s not Fuser you totally WRONG! You'll get people fail this simulation. Its Toner instead of. the rest is correct.
upvoted 4 times
yunero
9 months ago
I will answer fuser in the exam unless you provide an explanation instead of calling out others that they are wrong. The fuser causes smudges when it's not heating/working properly. The ink is going to come out wet and smudged
upvoted 8 times
Offbrand
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Exacty. He wasn't ppl to fail
upvoted 1 times
FulcrumActual
8 months, 1 week ago
The answer is most definitely fuser. Smudging in a laser printer is a direct result of the fuser not adequately melting the toner onto the paper. When this happens, the paper comes out of the printer with un-melted toner on it and then smudges when handled.
upvoted 10 times
anotherpirate
Highly Voted 1 year, 6 months ago
Just FYI I had a different version of this PBQ on my 1001 exam. In the other version it says something about a problem with the color of the ink and paper getting stuck in the Duplexer. I picked toner for the top slot because this is clearly a laser printer, and put Duplexer in the slot above the two paper trays. I think those were right choices in that scenario, but I'm not 100% about if they were the right slots. Anyway, just be aware that the question can vary with this PBQ you can't exactly memorize the answer. That being said, it should definitely be fuser in this example, not toner. TheLaw433 has it right below.
upvoted 12 times
Sleezyglizzy
Most Recent 13 hours, 40 minutes ago
I passed the exam last night. If you don't have contributor access yet, i suggest getting it. Most of the questions I encountered were from 500-550, and it's around 50-60% of questions from this dump that was on the test. The hotspots and performance-based questions were spot on. There was one pbq with multiple laptops and phones that caught me off guard dealing with problem and solution. Hope this helps, and good luck nerds.
upvoted 1 times
huzaifab
1 month, 2 weeks ago
what would we put in for the other blanks if there were some other problems?
upvoted 1 times
tduke
5 months, 3 weeks ago
"Output that smudges easily indicates that the fuser needs replacing." source The Official CompTIA A+ Core 1 Student Guide (Exam 220-1101)
upvoted 5 times
Hi_Im_New_Here
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Empty Fuser Empty Roller
upvoted 1 times
Hi_Im_New_Here
6 months, 3 weeks ago
It wouldn’t be toner it would be fuser in that space according to Dean Cyber stimulation videos on Udemy
upvoted 1 times
Gamadiki
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Is the answer to this simulation Fuser or Toner. I have read through all info.. Final answer
upvoted 1 times
MCalicci
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Smudging or blurred text on printouts is often associated with issues related to the fuser unit or toner cartridge. First I'd check if the toner cartridge is not damaged or leaking, and if it doesn't need replacing, I'd inspect the fuser unit for any damage. For paper jams with oversized documents, I'd check the paper path for obstructions, examine the rollers for wear or debris, and then replace them if necessary.
upvoted 1 times
Mona02
7 months, 3 weeks ago
pls give correct for the second case - is it toner or fuser.. but the below the question , reveal the answer says the answer is toner.....
upvoted 1 times
Aniekeme
8 months, 3 weeks ago
This question was in my exam. Thank you exam topics
upvoted 2 times
blockmarino
8 months, 3 weeks ago
I'm just reading ComptiA Learning this is what they said: Toner not fused to paper—Output that smudges easily indicates that the fuser needs replacing.
upvoted 2 times
9 months ago
i'll say rollers and toner
upvoted 3 times
Pras97
11 months, 3 weeks ago
I got this same question in my 1101 exam today! This was my answer: First case = Leave empty Second case = Fuser Third case = Leave empty Last Case = Rollers
upvoted 5 times
Nil_Rab
11 months, 3 weeks ago
I have my exam on next week i need your help in pbqs🙏
upvoted 2 times
Lord_Giggs
9 months, 1 week ago
This is wrong.
upvoted 1 times
IDTENT
7 months, 2 weeks ago
No it isn't wrong. Support your theory.
upvoted 1 times
oatmealturkey
1 year, 1 month ago
I took the exam and this exact question was on it.
upvoted 7 times
Dorotea
1 year ago
And the answer is correct?
upvoted 2 times
Vin0126
1 year, 7 months ago
I'd go to Fuser. "Another piece of hardware in a laser printer that causes issues is the fuser. It is the component that fuses, or adheres, the toner to adhere to the paper. When it is not fusing correctly, toner can become smudged on the paper if non-fused toner sticks to the rollers." Reference: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000938.htm
upvoted 1 times
ninaanto
1 year, 7 months ago
The most common symptoms that indicate fuser deterioration are: The print leaves parallel spots across a sheet. The printer begins to loosen toner and does not stick to the sheet. Stains on printed sheets. Annoying noise from gear wear. The most obvious sign of low toner cartridge is poor print quality. Streaking, lines or missed prints are all possible signs that cartridge replacement is imminent. If you have tried rocking the toner cartridge and are still getting poor prints, it is likely time to replace your cartridge
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...