Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam N10-007 topic 1 question 38 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's N10-007
Question #: 38
Topic #: 1
[All N10-007 Questions]

A company finds that many desktops are being reported as missing or lost. Which of the following would BEST assist in recovering these devices?

• A. Asset tracking tags
  • B. Motion detectors
  • C. Security guards
  • D. Computer locks
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
KC
Highly Voted 5 years ago
Why wouldn't this be A, "Asset tracking tags?" How would a computer lock help you recover the device? Locks would be the BEST asset in preventing the desktops from going missing at the start. But in this scenario,the desktops are already missing or lost, the locks won't do anything for recovery. However, asset tracking tags (if they had been applied) could aid in the identification and recovery. If I'm mistaken, please let me know.
upvoted 48 times
Arjjra
5 years ago
I agree with you. When i revealed the answer i was shocked. I second it should be Asset Tag.
upvoted 17 times
bassmonster
Highly Voted 4 years, 3 months ago
i didnt' realise lock have built in GPS trackers....
upvoted 10 times
Feezy
Most Recent 1 year, 10 months ago
This is the kinda stuff that makes me scared to write these exams... smh
upvoted 1 times
simo77
1 year, 10 months ago
to recover to return to find so it A
upvoted 1 times
PeoplesChamp
2 years, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: A
Definitely A
upvoted 1 times
MarlyMall
2 years, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Track assets!
upvoted 1 times
Chennings
2 years, 6 months ago
"recovering the devices" NOT preventing theft... so Asset Tracking Tags is correct for this answer, rtfq
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 10 months ago
How are you losing a whole Desktop? Answer is A
upvoted 5 times
KG0161093
2 years, 10 months ago
looool
upvoted 1 times
connelldma2
3 years ago
"A" seems to be the most appropriate answer considering the context described in the question.
upvoted 1 times
durai99
3 years, 1 month ago
My answer is security guard. lol
upvoted 3 times
jsetter
3 years, 1 month ago
I am starting to wonder if these study guides are honeypots... A should be correct also the crossover cable question that says 2 to 4 should be 1 to 3, always research what doesn't sound right.
upvoted 1 times
Shinoda
2 years, 2 months ago
haha... that make sense now.. on the other study guide the answer is computer locks which make me more confused.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
3 years, 1 month ago
The question would be, would a asset tracking tags help in recovering a missing device? They can be wireless-enabled transmitters, but how effective are they when recovering a missing device? When I see a question asking for the "BEST" option, I assume the correct answer isn't always going to be straight forward. D might the correct answer. Whos knows....next question
upvoted 1 times
CyborgT
3 years, 2 months ago
The correct answer should be A, asset tags can be tracked and also they can be designed to make a noise at the door if they are RFID.
upvoted 2 times
xxxdolorxxx
3 years, 2 months ago
Locks don't help you "recover" devices.
upvoted 2 times
Some_Random_Nerd
3 years, 2 months ago
just as the rest of you are suggesting it, the answer should be A. Asset "TRACKING" tags are the only thing here that would help you RECOVER those devices. The other three options are only for PREVENTION. Asset Tracking tags can be active (battery powered) or passive, requiring a reader up close to the tag. Even completely dumb "asset tags" which are nothing more than a sticker declaring who it belongs to are better than nothing, because the equipment might turn up somewhere and the finder could return the equipment to the owner.
upvoted 1 times
Lynot123
3 years, 2 months ago
No way. I disagree. The term "assist recovering" makes it A
upvoted 1 times
SIRCHAT
3 years, 2 months ago
Has to be A......
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...