Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1102 topic 1 question 31 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1102
Question #: 31
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1102 Questions]

A user's smartphone data usage is well above average. The user suspects an installed application is transmitting data in the background. The user would like to be alerted when an application attempts to communicate with the internet. Which of the following BEST addresses the user's concern?

• A. Operating system updates
  • B. Remote wipe
  • C. Antivirus
  • D. Firewall
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kristheitguru
Highly Voted 1 year, 1 month ago
Its not always ChatGPT has the correct Answer, i have tried that for my Core 1 exam half weren't right it.
upvoted 23 times
RyeBread
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Agreed. Not sure why people are relying on ChatGPT. Input the question with the answers and see how ChatGPT answers. Then submit the same question with the answers and you may notice ChatGPT will apologize and give another answer. Keep doing it and it will just go back and forth. I recommend not relying on ChatGPT for studying for this reason.
upvoted 4 times
doctordoom
Highly Voted 1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D. Firewall I've been using ChatGPT to verify some of these answers on this site and i highly recommended trying it out. I trust it a lot more than random peoples opinions on the internet. I fed it the full question and possible answers. A firewall is a security feature that monitors and controls network traffic and can be used to block or allow communication between an application and the internet. By configuring a firewall on the user's smartphone, the user will be alerted when an application attempts to communicate with the internet and can take action accordingly. A firewall can be set to notify the user when an app tries to access the internet, allowing the user to review the app's request and decide if they want to allow or block it. Option A and B are not addressing the user's concern, as operating system updates and remote wipe are not related to monitoring and controlling the internet access of the application. Option C is related to security but it's mainly focused on detecting and removing malware and it doesn't have the ability to monitor and control network traffic as a firewall does.
upvoted 14 times
amityGanoofib
1 month, 2 weeks ago
just wanted to say, ChatGPT composes its answers from a mix of articles and random peoples opinions on the internet, so it can be hit or miss.
upvoted 1 times
Mr_Tension
Most Recent 1 month ago
mate, read the question. it's saying (user would like to be alerted ). Antivirus won't alert you if an application goes to communicate with internet. you can set these rule only with firewall
upvoted 1 times
jsmthy
1 month, 1 week ago
Both antivirus and firewall are able to view the network traffic of a device. However, a firewall fundamentally runs on a lower level than an antivirus and will catch hidden data usage outside of the user jail.
upvoted 1 times
Alpha_Secure
1 month, 1 week ago
I believe D is correct and examtopics.com purposely selects the wrong answer to make it more controversial and make us interact.
upvoted 2 times
Poppy16
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Can someone explain if the correct answer is the the most voted one? Or if it’s what is listed as the correct answer
upvoted 3 times
MikeGeo
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I believe the answer is D [Firewall]. I think this because the question asks for an alert when an app attempts to contact the internet. This would be something that a Firewall would do; monitor apps and notify when an app is trying to reach the internet. Now, I think that the app (which is trying to reach the internet) would have some sort of virus or similar in it, and an antivirus would be the course of action to remove the virus; but even if that's what is happening, that's not what the question is asking for. Unless I'm wrong about a Firewall being able to monitor when an app reaches out to the internet.... but this is my thought process regardless.
upvoted 1 times
jmcd2
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
The answer is C chapGPT stinks and isnt the answer to everything https://quizlet.com/735337169/220-1102-flash-cards/
upvoted 1 times
jmcd2
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Also what phone has a firewall?
upvoted 1 times
yutface
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Messer: ery rarely would an application need to have inbound access to one of our mobile phones or tablets. That’s one of the reasons why running a firewall on a phone or tablet is not the default, and usually a firewall is not included with those operating systems. However, you may be able to find a firewall available in your favorite App Store. Most of these are available on the Android operating system, but none of them seem to be widely used across the board.
upvoted 1 times
newbytechy
2 months ago
D. Explanation: A firewall acts as a barrier to block unauthorized access to and from a NETWORK (<--keyword in question) or system, while antivirus software detects and removes malicious software (malware) on a device.
upvoted 1 times
Iditenaxyigospoda
3 months ago
Antivirus software is important for protecting a device from malware, some antivirus solutions might offer insights into app behavior. They are generally not focused on monitoring or controlling internet access for individual apps like a firewall would. On smartphones, some firewall applications can alert the user when an app tries to connect to the internet. This would directly address the user's concern by providing real-time information about which apps are attempting to transmit data.
upvoted 1 times
Raffaelloo
4 months, 3 weeks ago
An Android smartphone may be configured with a firewall software programme to track and manage incoming and outgoing network traffic. In addition, by regulating internet access for individual apps and protecting against cyber threats, firewalls can provide an additional layer of security for Android devices
upvoted 2 times
Chavozamiri
5 months ago
Selected Answer: C
I believe Mobile phones don't have firewall, al antivirus have firewall built -in
upvoted 1 times
Psyc00
6 months ago
D. Firewall A firewall allows the user to monitor and control network traffic, including communication between applications and the internet. By setting up firewall rules and notifications, the user can be alerted when an application tries to access the internet, giving them control over which apps are allowed to transmit data. While operating system updates (Option A) are important for overall device security, they may not provide the real-time monitoring and control needed in this case. Remote wipe (Option B) is a feature that allows you to erase the data on a lost or stolen device but doesn't address the issue of monitoring app data usage. Antivirus (Option C) focuses on malware detection and removal but may not provide the specific feature of alerting the user about application data usage. A firewall is the most suitable solution for this specific concern.
upvoted 1 times
INEEDTOSTUDYMORE
6 months, 2 weeks ago
it is firewall. just read it in the comptia a+ study guide book page 1261
upvoted 1 times
Andylove
7 months, 1 week ago
D. Firewall A firewall can help monitor and control network traffic, including data transmissions by installed applications. You can configure a firewall to alert you whenever an application tries to access the internet. Some third-party firewall apps for smartphones offer this functionality, and some operating systems also have built-in firewall features. By setting up firewall rules, you can have more control over which apps are allowed to access the internet and receive alerts when an unauthorized app attempts to transmit data.
upvoted 1 times
TungstonTim
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Definitely 'D'. A firewall's main purpose is to monitor and control network traffic. The firewall will provide the granularity to address that specific program that an antivirus cannot.
upvoted 1 times
glenpharmd
8 months, 3 weeks ago
ANSWER-FIREWALL=Android Phones: Android phones, by default, do not have built-in firewall features comparable to those found in traditional operating systems. However, there are third-party applications available on the Google Play Store that offer firewall functionalities. One popular choice is "NetGuard." It provides simple and advanced ways to block certain apps' access to the internet and does not require root access. Other apps like "AFWall+" offer more advanced features but may require root access to function fully.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...