Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 220-1101 topic 1 question 113 discussion

Actual exam question from CompTIA's 220-1101
Question #: 113
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1101 Questions]

A help desk technician thinks a desktop PC has failed due to a defective power supply. Which of the following steps should the technician take NEXT?

• A. Inquire about environmental or infrastructure changes.
  • B. Conduct external or internal research based on symptoms.
  • C. Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution.
  • D. Document the findings, actions, and outcomes.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
user82
Highly Voted 1 year, 6 months ago
I think B is correct. He has established a theory "technician thinks a desktop PC has failed due to a defective power supply." I think the question wants us to assume he has already completed step 1.
upvoted 19 times
[Removed]
Highly Voted 1 year, 6 months ago
I think it's actually A. The suggested answer is step 2 of troubleshooting method and so far he hasn't completed any step in troubleshoot methodology.
upvoted 10 times
mdoggy
6 months, 3 weeks ago
The technician has already identified a problem (step 1) and established a theory - power supply (step 2). Next, step 3 would be to test the theory, which may involve conducting external or internal research based on symptoms.
upvoted 4 times
EL2024
Most Recent 4 days, 23 hours ago
Selected Answer: B
The answer is B because he did step 2, which is establish a theory. The next step is test the theory, which also includes conducting research based on symptoms.
upvoted 1 times
Jackphygurz
3 weeks, 4 days ago
Test the theory to determine the cause. This is step three for COMPTIA's troubleshooting process.
upvoted 1 times
saeed1985
1 month ago
B. Conduct external or internal research based on symptoms: Investigate the symptoms related to the power supply failure. Check for common signs such as no power, flickering LEDs, or abnormal noises. Research possible causes and solutions related to power supply issues.
upvoted 1 times
b64ee20
1 month, 1 week ago
I hate this question lol
upvoted 1 times
Phillyboy20_
1 month, 1 week ago
Through research, the technician might be able to determine if power is the issue.
upvoted 1 times
NSA_Poker
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
After trying to plug it into another wall socket, if the PC doesn't turn on, I'd think the PSU is dead. Can't imagine what environmental or infrastructure changes could lead to a dead PSU (NOT A) & I can't think of what there could be on the internet to research about a dead PSU (NOT B). It's kinda like a burned out light bulb. Somethings you fix; somethings you just replace. When the remote control fails, do ask Siri questions?
upvoted 1 times
alyasser22
3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
• Step 1: Identify the problem • Step 2: Establish a theory of probable cause • Step 3: Test the theory to determine the cause • Step 4: Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution So: C&D are not correct since he did not do step 3 which is test the theory. A is more likely the answer since Inquire about environmental or infrastructure changes is part of testing the theory which is defective power supply. For example, the devise might moved to another room with different voltage which cause a power supply.
upvoted 2 times
drakan314
3 months ago
Answer is B
upvoted 1 times
mdoggy
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Following the troubleshooting workflow, the technician has already 1. Identified a problem and 2. Established a theory (power supply) which leads us to step 3. testing the theory - by conducting internal and external research. Next, would be step 4. create a plan of action
upvoted 1 times
StaticK9
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Answer is B (step 3). Answer A. Inquire about environmental or infrastructure changes. (Step 1) B. Conduct external or internal research based on symptoms. (Step 3) C. Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution. (Step 4) D. Document the findings, actions, and outcomes. (Step 6) The problem states that the technician has just completed Step 2 by Establishing a Theory of probable cause "thinking a desktop PC has failed due to a defective power supply." So the technician will then go to the next step (3).
upvoted 3 times
randomh1p
8 months ago
Question states technician thinks... So logically thinking he needs to confirm it by doing internal external search.
upvoted 2 times
ConqiD
8 months, 2 weeks ago
• Alwavs consider corporate pOlICIes. procedures. and impacts before imblementina changes 1dentifv the broblem Gather information from the user, laentry user changes, ana, if applicable, perform backups before making changes - Inquire regarding environmental or intrastructure changes Z.Establish a theorv or probable cause question the obvious) - f necessarv. conduct external orirrerne resecrenoasecon sVmoTOns 3. Test the theory to determine the Cause - Once the theory is confirmed, determine the next steps to resolve the problem - t the theorv is not contirmed. re-establish a new theorv or escalate 4Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution - Refer to the vendor's instructions for guidance 5. Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive mesures 6. Document the findings, actions, and outcomes
upvoted 1 times
ropea
8 months, 3 weeks ago
I think you're still on step 1 of the troubleshooting process. He thinks it's the power supply. and part of step 1 is finding out if someone changed something recently. So I think it's A.
upvoted 1 times
Yasin571
9 months, 1 week ago
I think B too because plan of action is after testing the theory and d is not the answer. he already made a theory so observing is finished.
upvoted 1 times
jjknows
9 months, 1 week ago
holy so what is the answer
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...